• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thornton on Hertls 4 goals

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Thornton basically ruined Hertl's moment with this quote. Would've been one thing if he made it about himself but nooooooo, he had to make it about his, um , rooster.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thornton didnt ruin anything. He stood up for his teamate who was getting bashed by a bunch of crying bitches...
San Jose & Hertl did nothing wrong in this game... The Rangers did the only disrespectful thing, they quit in the middle of the game. They quit on their goalies, they quit playing D, they quit trying to do anything. If a team wants to quit in mid game, dont expect the other team to stop playing too... I cant stand people that cry bout "running up the score" or "show boating"... You dont want teams to do that against you?? Simple solution, dont quit in the middle of the game!

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's real and I agree good job Thornton. He found a way to get the media focus off of Hertl and the supposed controversy surrounding his 4th goal. It's a class move to give the kid a break.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I also dont like how it seems in this era coachs etc (even that teams coach) seem to form on flashy moves like this and try keep players from doing fancy things. If you have to the skill to do out of the box moves, then do them. If your on a breakaway, even in a 2-1 game, and your confident some weird stickwork will result in a goal, then do it. if you miss, its sad the coach the will prob ream you, but IMO something flashy like a Kane shootout move has the same odds of going in as the backhand forehand or forehand backhand move 95% of guys do... Flashy moves on talented players is not encouraged and I think it should be... If you get caught, oh well, guys get caught doing run of the mill shots & passes 50x a game and it gets looked over, getting caught doing someone different shouldnt be looked at any different.

I doubt Savard got bitched at every time he lost the puck doing a spin-o-rama

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also dont like how it seems in this era coachs etc (even that teams coach) seem to form on flashy moves like this and try keep players from doing fancy things. If you have to the skill to do out of the box moves, then do them. If your on a breakaway, even in a 2-1 game, and your confident some weird stickwork will result in a goal, then do it. if you miss, its sad the coach the will prob ream you, but IMO something flashy like a Kane shootout move has the same odds of going in as the backhand forehand or forehand backhand move 95% of guys do... Flashy moves on talented players is not encouraged and I think it should be... If you get caught, oh well, guys get caught doing run of the mill shots & passes 50x a game and it gets looked over, getting caught doing someone different shouldnt be looked at any different.

I doubt Savard got bitched at every time he lost the puck doing a spin-o-rama

Exactly. Goalies are too good in 1 on 1 situations to fall for a standard wrister or run of the mill deke. If you want to beat them, odds are a flashy move has a better chance provided you have the stick skill to pull it off.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you imagine what Thornton would do if he ever won the Stanley Cup?

Yeah, me neither... Haha!

All in good, (not so) clean fun.

I do kind of have an issue with the reporter who published the quote... since Joe wasn't being interviewed and I'm sure it was meant to be just locker room chat with the guys, etc.

But still not a big deal. Too bad Twitter and everyone else are going crazy over it and some even want Thornton fined... which is beyond ridiculous.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thornton didnt ruin anything. He stood up for his teamate who was getting bashed by a bunch of crying bitches...
San Jose & Hertl did nothing wrong in this game... The Rangers did the only disrespectful thing, they quit in the middle of the game. They quit on their goalies, they quit playing D, they quit trying to do anything. If a team wants to quit in mid game, dont expect the other team to stop playing too... I cant stand people that cry bout "running up the score" or "show boating"... You dont want teams to do that against you?? Simple solution, dont quit in the middle of the game!

He could've stood up for his teammate in a better way than the way he did. Although I don't think anyone should be criticizing Hertl for the way he scored his 4th goal against the Rangers, there were many ways it could've been defended in a more articulate & appropriate manner.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's real and I agree good job Thornton. He found a way to get the media focus off of Hertl and the supposed controversy surrounding his 4th goal. It's a class move to give the kid a break.

I think there were other ways to get the pressure off Hertl than to say he would rock out with his cock out. Actually, even if he had said "I would rock out with my cock out" it would've been more appropriate than what Joe said. Did he really need to add that he would also "stroke it" as well?

Reefer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there were other ways to get the pressure off Hertl than to say he would rock out with his cock out. Actually, even if he had said "I would rock out with my cock out" it would've been more appropriate than what Joe said. Did he really need to add that he would also "stroke it" as well?
:lame:

I think its hilarious, and I'm sure he was tired of the ridiculous criticism that Hertl has been getting and just letting it be known how special it would be for a 16 year vet who is a future HOF to score 4 goals. But again another fan with an overreaction. I'm sure every guy in that locker room found what Jumbo said funny and is tired of the hot dogging questions. Anyone with a problem with what Hertl did or what Joe said needs to lighten up and remember the NHL is for our entertainment, and the goal got my entire house excited and Jumbo's quote gave me a great laugh.

pistolpoida

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
didn't jonathan cheechoo scored a goal a few years ago in the play off againist the aves, by shooting it between his legs?

and really at this level you need to do something different to beat the goalies, i really dont see peoples problem, heck ovie scored a goal on the flat of his back after been tripped on the break, and they were beating the yotes by 5-1

Hovertical

mmmmm fish
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think its hilarious, and I'm sure he was tired of the ridiculous criticism that Hertl has been getting and just letting it be known how special it would be for a 16 year vet who is a future HOF to score 4 goals. But again another fan with an overreaction. I'm sure every guy in that locker room found what Jumbo said funny and is tired of the hot dogging questions. Anyone with a problem with what Hertl did or what Joe said needs to lighten up and remember the NHL is for our entertainment, and the goal got my entire house excited and Jumbo's quote gave me a great laugh.

this is largely why i've almost completely stopped watching the NFL. Once Goodell and his cronies came in and started imposing the ridiculous fines and penalties for doing something as entertaining as an endzone dance I just grew bored with the league. They had essentially stripped it of its "characters" that I enjoyed watching every Sunday. T.O. pulling a sharpie out of his sock is legendary!

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't jonathan cheechoo scored a goal a few years ago in the play off againist the aves, by shooting it between his legs?

and really at this level you need to do something different to beat the goalies, i really dont see peoples problem, heck ovie scored a goal on the flat of his back after been tripped on the break, and they were beating the yotes by 5-1

Yeah, it happens all the time. Someone did it again last night, although it was only a deflection (between the legs, though), IIRC.

People are bored so it gives them something to talk errr... bitch about.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm fine with what Hertl did, but not cool with what Thornton said. If he's a 16 year vet & future HOFer he should act like it, not like some drunk 22 year old that still lives with mommy.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm fine with what Hertl did, but not cool with what Thornton said. If he's a 16 year vet & future HOFer he should act like it, not like some drunk 22 year old that still lives with mommy.

Just curious, have you ever played any sport at any level? cause penis jokes run rampant in the locker rooms. It was also said off the record... And i wasnt aware that 16 yr vet future HOFers arent allowed to have a sence of humor... Oh wait, only drunks that live at home make dick jokes...:L:L

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious, have you ever played any sport at any level? cause penis jokes run rampant in the locker rooms. It was also said off the record... And i wasnt aware that 16 yr vet future HOFers arent allowed to have a sence of humor... Oh wait, only drunks that live at home make dick jokes...:L:L

If it was made off the record fine but it was my impression that it was made during an interview. Still tho , the Doobster would prefer to not think about Joe Thornton rock out with his rooster out & strokin it.

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Botchford is a fucking idiot. His "reasons" for publishing were absolutely a result of Joe verbally punching him (or people in his profession) in the nose for digging into the rookie. It is 100% much ado about nothing. The goal was fantastic and there are SEVERAL examples of goals like this throughout the league over the last few years.

If this is what reporting has stooped to in order to get attention then maybe the profession should look at itself rather than its sources..

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jason Botchford is a fucking idiot. His "reasons" for publishing were absolutely a result of Joe verbally punching him (or people in his profession) in the nose for digging into the rookie. It is 100% much ado about nothing. The goal was fantastic and there are SEVERAL examples of goals like this throughout the league over the last few years.

If this is what reporting has stooped to in order to get attention then maybe the profession should look at itself rather than its sources..

Botchford is an idiot but Thornton knew what he was doing. He walked clear across the lockerroom and made those comments right next to the media scrum. The fact that issues are being made out of the goal and Thornton's comments is laughable IMO.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3