• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This Forum Is Boring This Week !!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I just won the pick 'em contest and a bus trip to New Jersey. I'm like a giddy school girl.
Unfortunately, the bus trip to Jersey comes with a 6 month Kon Tikki raft trip from Hawaii to somewhere on the North American west coast.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing most people don't know about @LGM is that every single night - right before he goes to bed - LGM goes outside and rips out an epic, howling laugh while searching the skies above for a clue - shouting: "Well Played, Sir!"

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shine bright like a diamond.
I think I saw LGM walking into a bar that had a banner outside that said the same thing .. I'm not quite sure it was him though, what with that feathered boa covering half his face and Margaret Thatcher wig

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I saw LGM walking into a bar that had a banner outside that said the same thing .. I'm not quite sure it was him though, what with that feathered boa covering half his face and Margaret Thatcher wig

Crazy, I saw that too.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy, I saw that too.
@LGM doesn't walk into bars in the normal sense - it's more like Marcus Allen at the goal line against a stacked defense - he kind of dives in. Hence the name for his type of bar is a Dive.

Just a little history for you.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love you guys so much that it hurts to talk about it.
Fresh off his most recent Trump caucus, DC inhales the scent of flash frozen cornfields and sheep. He thinks to himself, how am I so lucky, gets overwhelmed with emotion, and posts this shortly before realizing a true patriot packed all the Trump voters tailpipes with corn cobs.

DC barely escaped alive.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fresh off his most recent Trump caucus, DC inhales the scent of flash frozen cornfields and sheep. He thinks to himself, how am I so lucky, gets overwhelmed with emotion, and posts this shortly before realizing a true patriot packed all the Trump voters tailpipes with corn cobs.

DC barely escaped alive.
These "facts" you mention are all corn incidental. In Iowa you need more than one corn incident to begin calling it a pattern of behavior.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sick puke GIF

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah yes, good old Pepsi.

Did I ever tell yall about the time DC added that to his oil because it was the same color, and he'd heard that if corn based ethanol was good for his gas, that corn based fructose syrup should be good to lube up the engine?

Turns out after a few weeks of this, DC was testing his tire pressures and they came back diabetic.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to @Orange Crush77 for the meticulous curating of SI swimsuit issues over the in the shed out back - may be worth some serious coin now that SI bites the dust. I hope the pages aren't stuck together.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those few die-hard Nuggets fans, a well written, long story on Jokic from the New Yorker:

I think this part is important for casual fans who watch him occasionally and think he isn’t athletic:
N.B.A. scouts soon learned Jokić’s name. But there existed what Tim Connelly, the executive who drafted Jokić, called an “optic bias.” “Unathletic” was the polite way of putting it. Jokić copped to a fondness for Coke by the litre and for burek, a Serbian pastry usually filled with meat or cheese. In 2014, when he went to P3, an athletic center in Santa Barbara where the physical dimensions and abilities of N.B.A. prospects receive microscopic scrutiny, he recorded one of the shortest vertical leaps that the trainers had ever seen—just seventeen inches. But, watching Jokić, one learns that the common definition of athleticism is too narrow. The discomfort that some people had with his body blinded them to his unusual physical gifts: remarkably rapid footwork, raptor-like vision, dexterous hands and arms. The evaluators at P3 also test how fast a player can get his hands to the height at which the ball typically bounces off the rim. At this, Jokić was among the ten quickest players of all time.

And this drill was interesting to me, and I had never heard this story:

A few years ago, Dejan Milojević, who coached Jokić when he played for Mega Basket, a team in Belgrade, told Sports Illustrated about a drill he used to run with his players. A big man would catch the ball, then either pass or try to score, depending on the number of fingers—odd or even—that an assistant coach, standing on the sidelines, was holding up. The drill was meant to speed up the players’ decision-making. Jokić was so good at it that Milojević enlisted two assistants to stand on opposite sides of the court; Jokić was required to look at each of them, calculate the total number of fingers the pair were holding up, and then, based on whether the number was odd or even, make his move. Jokić could do this, too, Milojević said

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“ Troy Renck brings more than 30 years of experience to his new position and a passion for covering sports, doing it fairly — but holding players and coaches accountable.

He replaces columnist Mark Kiszla, who left The Post in January, and joins Sean Keeler as one of two sports columnists for The Post.”

Hallelujah!!!

Yes, I’m glad that Troy is back w the Post - but I’m celebrating that Kiszla is no longer at the Post! This is the first I had heard that awesome news!

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“ Troy Renck brings more than 30 years of experience to his new position and a passion for covering sports, doing it fairly — but holding players and coaches accountable.

He replaces columnist Mark Kiszla, who left The Post in January, and joins Sean Keeler as one of two sports columnists for The Post.”

Hallelujah!!!

Yes, I’m glad that Troy is back w the Post - but I’m celebrating that Kiszla is no longer at the Post! This is the first I had heard that awesome news!
Oh man I meant to tell you that when I read about it last week.