• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This Forum Is Boring This Week !!

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over at KFFL, Draft Crazy had started this enormously successful thread titled "This Forum Is Boring This Week" ... I cannot recall exactly how many pages it was up to, but it was 300+ ..

The topics were wide open - from how to install crown molding, to the best way to prepare tilapia, to random anecdotes about having seen UFOs or ghosts and we even had pages talking about Pho ...

I am NOT posting this because it is boring here ... But having just transplanted, I don't want to venture out into the non-sports forums .. I'd rather hear from guys I know, and want to get to know

SS just asked about leather cleaner for the interior of a car

That's a perfect thing for here ..

Anyways, WHERE IS FURBY ???

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone else here elminitaed gluten / wheat from their diet ?

I did 5 years ago, and migraines that had been plaguing me for years disappeared

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over at KFFL, Draft Crazy had started this enormously successful thread titled "This Forum Is Boring This Week" ... I cannot recall exactly how many pages it was up to, but it was 300+ ..

The topics were wide open - from how to install crown molding, to the best way to prepare tilapia, to random anecdotes about having seen UFOs or ghosts and we even had pages talking about Pho ...

I am NOT posting this because it is boring here ... But having just transplanted, I don't want to venture out into the non-sports forums .. I'd rather hear from guys I know, and want to get to know

SS just asked about leather cleaner for the interior of a car

That's a perfect thing for here ..

Anyways, WHERE IS FURBY ???
Great intro to the thread, Lucas. I was thinking of starting the same thread, but I wouldn't have done near as good of a job explaining it.

Furby was here yesterday welcoming us. She registered a year ago - and already has 4 posts! ;)

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone else here elminitaed gluten / wheat from their diet ?

I did 5 years ago, and migraines that had been plaguing me for years disappeared
I know a little about it as my wife has gluten sensitivity. There are those who are gluten intolerant- and that is much more serious. I'm only responding because I think it's an interesting story about my wife's issues. But remember that hers is a sensitivity, not intolerance.

We are at the point in life where travel is a priority for us. And because I've traveled a lot in my work we can often use air miles to go to Europe which we enjoy.about 10 years my wife went off gluten almost totally, which isn't easy. In 2012 we spent three weeks in Italy and my wife could eat all the pasta and the breads to her heart's content. Last year we were in Portugal and Spain and again, no issues with the gluten products there.

Now we buy imported Italian flour at a local Italian restaurant/deli and she can make bread with that and use it as an ingredient in recipes and be fine. We also buy imported pasta from Italy at Costco - and again she is also fine with that. This doesn't necessarily "prove" anything, but it's her story...

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went fishing, sucked. The drinking was good though and I'll be paying for it this week

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucas, what is up my brother
Who says "what is up"? Such a white boy.

So, I guess now this means I need to have Crash post his roadkill recipe with blueberry reduction again?

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a little about it as my wife has gluten sensitivity. There are those who are gluten intolerant- and that is much more serious. I'm only responding because I think it's an interesting story about my wife's issues. But remember that hers is a sensitivity, not intolerance.

We are at the point in life where travel is a priority for us. And because I've traveled a lot in my work we can often use air miles to go to Europe which we enjoy.about 10 years my wife went off gluten almost totally, which isn't easy. In 2012 we spent three weeks in Italy and my wife could eat all the pasta and the breads to her heart's content. Last year we were in Portugal and Spain and again, no issues with the gluten products there.

Now we buy imported Italian flour at a local Italian restaurant/deli and she can make bread with that and use it as an ingredient in recipes and be fine. We also buy imported pasta from Italy at Costco - and again she is also fine with that. This doesn't necessarily "prove" anything, but it's her story...

SS, that is very interesting, and I have actually heard stories similar ..

My cousin was married to a guy in the service, and they were stationed in Italy for about 2 years .. She had a similar experience as your wife - OK with the pasta in Italy, but here in the US, it was a different story .. Same goes from bread ...

I have read that the sensitivity is coming from the way the wheat is genetically modified here ..

This is from cardiologist Dr William Davis:

-Gliadin of 2012 is different from the gliadin of, say, 1960, by several amino acids, part of the genetic transformation of wheat introduced to increase yield-per-acre.

–Gliadin is degraded to a collection of polypeptides called exorphins in the gastrointestinal tract. Exorphins cross the blood-brain barrier and bind to opiate-receptors to induce appetite, as well as behavioral changes, such as behavioral outbursts and inattention in children with ADHD and autism, hearing voices and social detachment in schizophrenics, and the mania of bipolar illness.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always found it interesting that the wheat we eat now bears very little resemblance to that wheat eaten by the George's and Mingo's of the world back in 50's...

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucas, what is up my brother

OC, it is great to be back with family again

When LGM falls asleep on the couch, let's paint his face like Gene Simmons and not say anything

Last edited:

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who says "what is up"? Such a white boy.

So, I guess now this means I need to have Crash post his roadkill recipe with blueberry reduction again?

Good to see you LGM !

Hope everything is going well with your studies

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things are progressing, Lucas; thanks for asking. I'm finding it more difficult now though with all the football on tv... :)

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mojo, I do love the cut of your jib. You are such a rascal

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, how's the love life going on Farmers Only Dot Com?

Reactions: LGM

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just my Comcast , the audio on NFL Network keeps going in and out .
(Yeah I know that's what she said)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the non former KFFL members are probably PMing each other right now being like what the hell is wrong with these kfflers?

(You'd have to understand guys) :)

Hopefully they pick up and join us.

Sheldon Richardson declared.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football news

Browns sign Aaron Ross @LGM

Giants signed S Brandon Meriweather

Bears signed former Bronco Jeremy Kelley (who we cut earlier)

Falcons signed Terrell Manning, Evan Royster and Travis Howard.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Tebow looks the same to me. His hitch is gone but the lack to get to a 2nd read is still there.
Will he make the Eagles? He would have to beat out Barkley. I can't see any team keeping 4 QBs.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the non former KFFL members are probably PMing each other right now being like what the hell is wrong with these kfflers?

(You'd have to understand guys) :)

Hopefully they pick up and join us.

Sheldon Richardson declared.
Yea, I've had the same thought! Our apologies (except for LGM who never apologiizes since he believes he's never made a mistake) for being obnoxious. It's been a few weeks since we've been in touch so some of this is just catching up.

I had the feeling that even the Broncos forum was drying up - that equals dying - at KFFL, so this seems like a really comfortable spot to migrate. There aren't so many of you that we would lose a sense of community - and maybe our presence can add a bit of zest here as well. But if we become too weird for you, just let us know! :suds:

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Tebow looks the same to me. His hitch is gone but the lack to get to a 2nd read is still there.
Will he make the Eagles? He would have to beat out Barkley. I can't see any team keeping 4 QBs.
Sad part is I see him having a 50/50 chance at beating out Barkley....