• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This Forum Is Boring This Week !!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Buffs Vs the Corn tomorrow baby - the Buffs are back!

Laviska Shenault - will be a top 10 talent a couple of years from now. Nate Landman - is the 2nd coming of Ted Johnson at Linebacker 12-15 tackles a game - nose for the football.

All of a sudden the Buffs have real talent on display.

You heard it here first. :)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colorado's best WR hasn't even dressed yet. Juwan Winfree (He is always hurt) Shenault is a good too.

I hope Colorado beats Nebraska, but I have my doubts.

Go Colorado!

Not taking anything away from Colorado as they looked great last week but Colorado State's D is soooo sooo bad....

I think Montez can play in the NFL. Just needs to be more consistent this year. I like him as a pure passer better then Sefo. The D took a HUGE step back last year after a great year the year before. Didn't get to watch the game but will be interesting especially to see vs Nebraska to see how much they improved.

Travon McMillian is no slug either. He has a great FR year at Va Tech as the bell cow. They then changed the staff and system around and way underused him there. He is very good.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Draft Crazy - Shenault has way more talent than Winfree - he's faster, stronger (by far), and has better hands. I am not saying Winfree isn't top notch - I am saying Shenault has very rare talent.

Winfree was not injured last week - the Buffs only ran 16 different plays - about 10% of their installed offense. I think he was sandbagged to be used against the Corn - as then worry about Laviska S.

Watch Nate Landman this weekend. Very complete LB - with good coaching and great instincts.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Draft Crazy - Shenault has way more talent than Winfree - he's faster, stronger (by far), and has better hands. I am not saying Winfree isn't top notch - I am saying Shenault has very rare talent.

Winfree was not injured last week - the Buffs only ran 16 different plays - about 10% of their installed offense. I think he was sandbagged to be used against the Corn - as then worry about Laviska S.

Watch Nate Landman this weekend. Very complete LB - with good coaching and great instincts.

@Mingo Winfree was most defintely injured last week. He still is. He isn't anywhere near 100% with multiple injuries. Trust me. I know him personally. I’ve been in touch with him since he went to Maryland. He has been at 3 colleges now. He has torn his ACL twice and currently has a hamstring issue. I am not arguing that Shenault is a good WR. I am very familar with both, he is very good. He has NFL talent. I like him a lot. But Winfree was a terrific talent before two ACL injuries. He is just constantly hurt. Shenault has a lot of talent but he does not have “WAY MORE” talent then Winfree. Winfree will never be what he could have been due to injuries. He might be damaged goods. He’s still trying to get that knee to where it was when he was in high school. He just can’t stay healthy, but he has all the talent in the world. He was highly recruited (3 times).

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mingo Winfree was most defintely injured last week. He still is. He isn't anywhere near 100% with multiple injuries. Trust me. I know him personally. I’ve been in touch with him since he went to Maryland. He has been at 3 colleges now. He has torn his ACL twice and currently has a hamstring issue. I am not arguing that Shenault is a good WR. I am very familar with both, he is very good. He has NFL talent. I like him a lot. But Winfree was a terrific talent before two ACL injuries. He is just constantly hurt. Shenault has a lot of talent but he does not have “WAY MORE” talent then Winfree. Winfree will never be what he could have been due to injuries. He might be damaged goods. He’s still trying to get that knee to where it was when he was in high school. He just can’t stay healthy, but he has all the talent in the world. He was highly recruited (3 times).

@Draft Crazy - Winfree played last week - contributed flawlessly as a downfield blocker - the information I have comes from Darrin Cheverini the OC. It is true he has knee problems - all summer he and Montez have practiced after practice - and Winfree's one catch last week was a beauty put in the only place it could have been caught. He will have a big year, but last week - he could have been targeted more often - he certainly got the snaps.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@Draft Crazy - Winfree played last week - contributed flawlessly as a downfield blocker - the information I have comes from Darrin Cheverini the OC. It is true he has knee problems - all summer he and Montez have practiced after practice - and Winfree's one catch last week was a beauty put in the only place it could have been caught. He will have a big year, but last week - he could have been targeted more often - he certainly got the snaps.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct- I stand corrected he did see action. He was questionable going in. However, he was injured. I was wrong in terms of him not dressing. He had said prior to the game it wasn't looking good. I did not watch the game so assumed he was out, but he was injured. He is battling a hamstring injury. Nowhere near 100%. My point sort is that Shenault is a very talented WR and I expect him to put up better numbers then Winfree, but Winfree is a very talented WR if he can ever stay healthy. It was more of a tip of the cap to how much Colorado could have for talent at WR if Winfree can ever stay healthy. He is very talented.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep me updated on how Shenault and Winfree look as the season goes on. @Mingo . I am a big fan of each and sadly won't be able to see much of Colorado this year. I'd grade Montez pretty draftable right now. Haven't watched enough film of the defensive guys yet. Isaiah Oliver was inactive for the Falcons last night with an ankle. With Keanu Neal now gone for the season he may see more time in nickel and dime with Damonte Kazee filling in for Neal as a starter. Obviously Oliver and Neal play different spots, but it does move the ballhawk Kazee into a starting role. Oliver will be put right into action once healthy in those extra DB sets.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a waste of a thread.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep me updated on how Shenault and Winfree look as the season goes on. @Mingo . I am a big fan of each and sadly won't be able to see much of Colorado this year. I'd grade Montez pretty draftable right now. Haven't watched enough film of the defensive guys yet. Isaiah Oliver was inactive for the Falcons last night with an ankle. With Keanu Neal now gone for the season he may see more time in nickel and dime with Damonte Kazee filling in for Neal as a starter. Obviously Oliver and Neal play different spots, but it does move the ballhawk Kazee into a starting role. Oliver will be put right into action once healthy in those extra DB sets.

JD Nixon - Shenault's WR teammate from De Soto HS - is also featured in the offense and he put up bigger numbers in HS than Shenault did. Keep an eye on him too.

Coach Mac brought in Curt Roper as the QB coach - and Roper has had a very beneficial influence on how Montez plays and makes decisions. Montez has the potential to be a 1st round pick - he has the passing skills and the running speed and strength - still learning to be a QB - in some ways.

On defense the Buffs have a true freshman DT/DE named Isreal Antwine - he plays like a man among boys - even as the youngest guy on the team.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HUGE game for Shenault.. 177 yards on 10 catches.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HUGE game for Shenault.. 177 yards on 10 catches.

Also for Landman - with double digit tackles - an interception and a TFL on a 4th down stop.

Great win by the Buffs.