• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

There is only ONE difference between Elway and Tebow...

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's so much as a conspiracy as no team wants the media crap that networks like ESPN insist on putting upon on him, mostly because he is an outspoken Christian.

Really? Professional sports doesn't want a media presence covering them for positive reasons? So Baseball was all for his solid junior season in high school a decade ago. The team that took him just decided "well we are getting a stud, I guess we will have to put up with that negative that is his media presence"....

If you don't want the media circus you don't sign him to your team. It's that simple. And 3 different teams did that after Denver. And on those three teams he lost every QB competition he tried for.

He's my favorite collegiate athlete ever. But don't compare him to Elway as an NFL QB. The same year Elway was taking his team to the Superbowl as a pro-bowl caliber QB, Tebow was struggling to complete 33% of his passes in a pre-season game and missing wide open receivers and losing badly to Ryan fucking Mallett.

Look at how QB's play as backups in pre-season. They tear it up. Tarvaris Jackson walks out of pre-seasons with QB ratings over 130. Tebow in back to back pre-seasons was arguably the worst QB to set foot on the field.

That's why he didn't get a job. He couldn't beat out the 3rd string guys.

No coach is going to say "well you led a team in the worst division in the league to an 8 win season and completed 40% of your passes in the playoffs, so damnit, I don't care that you are just so much worse than the other QB's on my team, I am going to stake my career on you, rebuild the offense to some fucking high school gimmick shit, and see what happens". Seriously, the Patriots. The team that can make a guy who hadn't started a game since high-school look like a franchise QB, couldn't make Tebow look like a training camp body QB.

And I have no problem saying this while saying he's my favorite. It's a different game. You can't win in the NFL when your QB's best skill is running like a fullback.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkley... the 3rd string QB for the Bears...

That gives me an idea... someone get the Bears front office on the phone :suds:

Actually Barkley was sent off first only because the Cardinals wanted him in a trade. Tebow stayed on as the camp body until the season started and they could see what cuts other teams made as they cut their junk backups to drop down to 52 players, and picked up Thad Lewis.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some historian fans a fun trivia question

Manning is to Tebow as Everett is to _______

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well all you have to do is read the practice reports on Tebow. It wasn't even just about the games. In practice coaches would have to tell him the same thing over and over and he still wouldn't get it. Watching film he just couldn't even see the basic things needed to play QB in the NFL. There were also many times in practice where he was overthrowing his WR's by 20 yards or bouncing it 5 yards in front of them. Heck he is doing the same thing now with baseball as I have heard multiple times when warming up for games where he will try to make a throw and it will end up 20 rows up.

Now believe me I loved the Tebow season in 2011 and just the incredible magic that surrounded that season. That playoff win is still probably my favorite one beyond the 3 Super Bowl wins. It was obvious to almost everyone watching though that his style of play was just unsustainable for continued success. Then you throw in the chance to get Peyton Manning as your QB well I don't care who you have at QB minus maybe a few in the league you take that chance.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear OP,

Please go to church and stop spamming this board with idiocy. We get it, you want to take Tebow up the pooper. Just in case you didn't know, we don't give a damn. Now please STFU.

Sincerely,

Sane football fans

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has it been mentioned that Tebow is a dreamboat and Elway was once an understudy for Mr. Ed: The Musical?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has it been mentioned that Tebow is a dreamboat and Elway was once an understudy for Mr. Ed: The Musical?

Well I will take that over looking like a possible child of Bill Clinton in Matthew Stafford...

B5-LWSPIEAAL2X-.jpg

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some historian fans a fun trivia question

Manning is to Tebow as Everett is to _______
If you are referring to the fact that Manning replaced Tebow, then I will guess Vince Farragamo... and I realize that I butchered his name. I also think that he played way before Everett, but that is my guess.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are referring to the fact that Manning replaced Tebow, then I will guess Vince Farragamo... and I realize that I butchered his name. I also think that he played way before Everett, but that is my guess.

So Close.

Dieter Brock is the QB's name. Interesting QB... Kinda like Warren Moon in that he had a really good CFL career. Came to the Rams and as an older rookie, had an amazing year. Went 11-4 as their starter, set the franchise completion percentage mark. Set Ram rookie records for passing yards and TD's. Helped them to the 2nd best record in the NFC. Then once he got them to the NFC championship game, he ran into the 1985 Bears defense and had an awful game. The next year the Rams traded for the rights to Jim Everett and Brock never played in the NFL again.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow wasn't the greatest QB ever but he also wasn't the worst. It's obvious to any unbiased fan that the media's unhealthy obsession with him had as much or more to do with his lack of opportunities as his game.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow wasn't the greatest QB ever but he also wasn't the worst. It's obvious to any unbiased fan that the media's unhealthy obsession with him had as much or more to do with his lack of opportunities as his game.
Fair enough, but that in no way says he's an NFL QB.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Professional sports doesn't want a media presence covering them for positive reasons? So Baseball was all for his solid junior season in high school a decade ago. The team that took him just decided "well we are getting a stud, I guess we will have to put up with that negative that is his media presence"....

If you don't want the media circus you don't sign him to your team. It's that simple. And 3 different teams did that after Denver. And on those three teams he lost every QB competition he tried for.

He's my favorite collegiate athlete ever. But don't compare him to Elway as an NFL QB. The same year Elway was taking his team to the Superbowl as a pro-bowl caliber QB, Tebow was struggling to complete 33% of his passes in a pre-season game and missing wide open receivers and losing badly to Ryan fucking Mallett.

Look at how QB's play as backups in pre-season. They tear it up. Tarvaris Jackson walks out of pre-seasons with QB ratings over 130. Tebow in back to back pre-seasons was arguably the worst QB to set foot on the field.

That's why he didn't get a job. He couldn't beat out the 3rd string guys.

No coach is going to say "well you led a team in the worst division in the league to an 8 win season and completed 40% of your passes in the playoffs, so damnit, I don't care that you are just so much worse than the other QB's on my team, I am going to stake my career on you, rebuild the offense to some fucking high school gimmick shit, and see what happens". Seriously, the Patriots. The team that can make a guy who hadn't started a game since high-school look like a franchise QB, couldn't make Tebow look like a training camp body QB.

And I have no problem saying this while saying he's my favorite. It's a different game. You can't win in the NFL when your QB's best skill is running like a fullback.

You went full retard pretty early on so I only skimmed it. One thing that jumped out that proves you lacked any basic reading comprehension while reading my posts was the Elway stuff. When did I compare him to Elway?