• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Winston!!

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ad @ Charlotte Motor Speedway last night:

969704_607591032587028_1503455961_n.jpg

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup. Get out front (get out of the pits first) and you've got it made. Once again the racing was in the pits with very little on the track.

Pete Pistone made a good point on twitter last night about maybe if they slowed down the cars on these intermediate tracks that the racing would be better.

I don't think I will be watching 600 miles of this crap next week.

Seems like the best racing takes place on the short tracks and the plate races.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm telling you, this corporate, choregraphed bullshit is the worst racing ever. I did not stay up to watch the end of it choosing sleep as the better option. From changing the rules to allow Danica in the race to the racing favoring whiny faggot boy, this stuff is krap to watch and I doubt if I am going to watch 600 miles of it next week.

I know I'll be watching the Indy 500 next week because it is good battling racing and anyone can win as evidenced by Sato winning Long Beach for A.J. Foyt and Ed Carpenter taking the pole yesterday at Indy. That would never occur in NASCAR consistently except for a freak appearance by David Ragan in Victory Lane at Talladega due to an extended trace.

This micro-managed racing is killing the sport and the empty stands last night were more evidence. Take the engine restrictions off the cars, bring in more competitors especially for the tires, have more product loyalty, and get rid of the managed celebrity that has invaded the sport including yes-man announcers like Darrell and Mike Waltrip.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm telling you, this corporate, choregraphed bullshit is the worst racing ever. I did not stay up to watch the end of it choosing sleep as the better option. From changing the rules to allow Danica in the race to the racing favoring whiny faggot boy, this stuff is krap to watch and I doubt if I am going to watch 600 miles of it next week.

I know I'll be watching the Indy 500 next week because it is good battling racing and anyone can win as evidenced by Sato winning Long Beach for A.J. Foyt and Ed Carpenter taking the pole yesterday at Indy. That would never occur in NASCAR consistently except for a freak appearance by David Ragan in Victory Lane at Talladega due to an extended trace.

This micro-managed racing is killing the sport and the empty stands last night were more evidence. Take the engine restrictions off the cars, bring in more competitors especially for the tires, have more product loyalty, and get rid of the managed celebrity that has invaded the sport including yes-man announcers like Darrell and Mike Waltrip.

Amen Brother!

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haters gonna hate

971866_10151476861708801_567455710_n.jpg

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a Kurt Busch fan and he had the best car yet Jimmy Johnson has the best crew money can buy, he wins the race. I liked the format of the race but the points after the 4th stage should have set up the 5th segment, not how they went to the pits. Kurt's 5 dollar team of castaways to Jimmy's Million dollar best was a mismatch you could see happening. Will still watch the 600 and Indy, I can't wait until 2014 when it looks like Kurt will try the open wheel a little.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, Blue. I am waiting to see how Kurt does with the open-wheel stint as his venture into drag racing a couple of years ago did not go too well.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree they need to take the restrictions off the engines. let these guys build some bad ass engines and see who can make the best one. There will be a lot more blown engines, as guys push the limits but it would be the same story as now in the end. The teams with the most money would still win. They would hire the best engineers, have the most research, etc. Money drives everything. I feel like the racing is more competitive but it comes down to the best driver/crew chief combo. Johnson can flat out drive and is smart on the track but Knaus is a genius on the pit box. Kyle Busch probably has the best pit crew but damn if Knaus doesnt make the best calls. Paul Wolfe is another genius on the box.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a good point Nick. Money does drive everything. But an operation like Petty Enterprises are working their way back from really being way down in a lot of areas. They are now using the same model as you've stated and they are getting better but things would be more flexible if some of the restrictions are removed.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know what is restricted and by how much when it comes to engines but allowing more variances in multiple areas could be a good start. It would make teams work to find the right balance of changing things in each area...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick: Since they have finally moved to fuel injection, the fuel distribution is restricted to the injectors. If they remove that then the engines will make more HP but less gas mileage and then, like back-in-the-day, the engineers then have to reach the right balance of fuel mileage and HP. That would open things up.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be good. I think one of the bigger issues to the "lull" in racing has been the tires. Goodyear has developed the harder tires that dont fall off as much but dont provide the grip. The best tracks are typically the ones where tire wear is a big deal.

Nascar became the best because of the on track action. The best on track action comes at short tracks. My best improvement for Nascar would be to run more short tracks. the fascination with speed loses its luster when the cars are spaced out. Remove some of the 1.5 mile races and put them on tracks under a mile.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know Nick. I think the Goodyear tire is garbage. Except for Drag racing with all the big slicks, what series besides NASCAR runs Goodyears? The answer is "zero". IRL runs Firestone and Bridgestones. F1 runs any tire but Goodyear and Hoosier. Rolex runs any tire many of which are Michelin's even Hankooks, Bridgestones, etc. The point being is let the tire manufactures enter NASCAR and compete and I guarantee you the racing will get better no matter what size track the cars are on.

bored at work

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 1000% with the harder tires ruining racing. I love Indycar the past year & half, and I think the biggest factor is the tires fall off over a run, and handling comes into play. Darlington used to be awesome when it ate tires. Rockingham was awesome. Atlanta is awesome (better in the daylight). Charlotte used to be a lot better before it was levigated and repaved. Not every race was edge of the seat drama till the checkered flag, but racing is best when a guy can fall to 4th or 5th because he's saving his stuff at the beginning of the run, and then he passes everyone in front of him who used up their tires.