• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Walking Dead

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched last night. Not impressed.
They handled the execution much better in the books. I thought that storyline would have played out over the front half of the season. There were lots of sub stories and depth to the decision that the show completely ignored. Too bad, because Berkeley’s Gregory was great. He deserved a better exit.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AMC talks like they want to franchise this out for another couple decades.

And Fear the Walking Dead looks like it's on a course to merge with TWD.

I'd watch a live-action retelling of Telltale's Walking Dead series. Especially considering that that won't ever get finished, now.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AMC talks like they want to franchise this out for another couple decades.

And Fear the Walking Dead looks like it's on a course to merge with TWD.

I'd watch a live-action retelling of Telltale's Walking Dead series. Especially considering that that won't ever get finished, now.
Fear looked like they were looking to merge the shows, but they swerved away from that at the last second in the finale.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could be done although I would change quite a few things.

The problem with the Telltale version is that Lee is the best thing about the whole series, imo. Making a show means they could make a truly linear story, though, which would improve on the weak parts of the video game where they destroy branching paths by killing off characters left and right.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could be done although I would change quite a few things.

The problem with the Telltale version is that Lee is the best thing about the whole series, imo. Making a show means they could make a truly linear story, though, which would improve on the weak parts of the video game where they destroy branching paths by killing off characters left and right.
Lee was a great character. Bht he has to die. The series has always been about Clem. Him dying was an important part of what made this her story.

Lee surviving would completely upend that story.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fear looked like they were looking to merge the shows, but they swerved away from that at the last second in the finale.
Aah. I'm a little behind. Haven't seen the finale yet. That's next. Haven't seen the TWD premier yet, either.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lee was a great character. Bht he has to die. The series has always been about Clem. Him dying was an important part of what made this her story.

Lee surviving would completely upend that story.
Its the Rick/Carl thing flipped on its head a bit. Rick was a Cop and you had everyone react to him and his family. Lee was a felon (and a black man) and you had everyone react to him helping a little girl who wasnt his family. The game's dynamic was richer and more layered, imo.

Clem was basically Beth in Season 2 except the TV wasted Beth as a character. Then they saddled Clem with a baby without adding enough depth to Clem's character other than 'lets see what she can survive' and thematically its about as exciting as Rick trying to do what Carl would've done....not great...

I've heard nothing good about the more recent seasons so I can't comment too much but the idea of making it about Clementine works better as a TV show than a game. So I wouldn't be totally opposed to it. I just think that the game lacks some of the background characters that made Walking Dead so great (Carol, Daryl, etc)

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I think this season has been pretty decent. Liked last night a good deal. Like where the season is heading.

The main reason is that they aren't dragging out the obvious over 3 seasons.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I think this season has been pretty decent. Liked last night a good deal. Like where the season is heading.

The main reason is that they aren't dragging out the obvious over 3 seasons.
I like the emphasis the tv show is putting on the friction between the communities. The books kinda glossed over that then just had some blowups with out the full fleshing of the story.

That said, I am kinda disappointed in the way the show dealt with Gregory. That storyline was handled much better in the books, IMHO. But dropping the Carl storyline may have necessitated that.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to admit, last night's episode was pretty good; first one of this season that I've enjoyed.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone wanna refresh me on the 11 year old brother the chick they executed at the end did?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone wanna refresh me on the 11 year old brother the chick they executed at the end did?
Nothing we knew about. The location of the execution was the previous location of the Oceanside group, before Simon killed all the men. All the people they were killing were part of Simons crew.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed that was probably the best episode of the season so far. Not spectacular but enough to keep me somewhat interested.

The acting from some of the insignificant Saviors has been cringe-worthy at best all season long.

Where is Dwight? I'm pretty sure he survived last season but don't think we've seen him yet.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed that was probably the best episode of the season so far. Not spectacular but enough to keep me somewhat interested.

The acting from some of the insignificant Saviors has been cringe-worthy at best all season long.

Where is Dwight? I'm pretty sure he survived last season but don't think we've seen him yet.
He left. He was last seen at the meetup house he set up with his wife, and she had left a message for him. I suspect he is gone for good, with Darrell taking his storyline moving forward.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He left. He was last seen at the meetup house he set up with his wife, and she had left a message for him. I suspect he is gone for good, with Darrell taking his storyline moving forward.

Thoughts on how Rick's final episodes will play out?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts on how Rick's final episodes will play out?
Latest rumors said he wasn’t going to be killed off. But I don’t see him just leaving Alexandria. Not with only a total of 2 episodes to build it up.

So how will he be killed?

Border dispute?

“Dwight’s wife”?

Maybe (I doubt it)...

Tammy kills him during Negan’s jailbreak? That would alter Negan’s arc too much, I think.

I don’t think any of those make sense. I have no idea.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latest rumors said he wasn’t going to be killed off. But I don’t see him just leaving Alexandria. Not with only a total of 2 episodes to build it up.

So how will he be killed?

Border dispute?

“Dwight’s wife”?

Maybe (I doubt it)...

Tammy kills him during Negan’s jailbreak? That would alter Negan’s arc too much, I think.

I don’t think any of those make sense. I have no idea.

Here's my thought; honestly, I have no idea, either.
Rick and Michonne discover they have conceived a child, Rick gets killed, Michonne avenges him, and the child becomes the 'legacy' so to speak, for the future to carry on for Rick and Carl. Hard to see Rick not being killed off.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my thought; honestly, I have no idea, either.
Rick and Michonne discover they have conceived a child, Rick gets killed, Michonne avenges him, and the child becomes the 'legacy' so to speak, for the future to carry on for Rick and Carl. Hard to see Rick not being killed off.
So who kills Rick? Remember, his last episode is next week. They don’t have a lot of time to build something up.

Unless they decide to skip Negan’s face-turn and have him kill Rick. But Negan’s face turn really adds to his whole arc, showing that while he may have gone about it in a bad way, he did want to reestablish society.

Maybe Tammy tries to break Negan out and kills Rick in the process, causing Negan to kill her in retaliation? The little we have seen of him this season does not hint to his respecting Rick enough yet to do that, though.