• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The State Of The Eastern Conference

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing in the last two years, how awful the East has gotten - remember two seasons ago, in the last full regular season, when five teams in the East(NYR, BOS, PIT, PHI, NJ) had over 100 points and it was arguably more competitive than the East? That has changed big time

Look at the teams in the East and how they've changed

Rangers - They trade Dubinsky and Anisimov for Nash and while it's not Nash's fault the Rangers aren't playing well, he doesn't do things like dropping the gloves or winning faceoffs to help his team, he doesn't have the right guys to play around him - Rangers lost serious depth and heart/soul with Dubinsky and a solid, speedy guy in Anisimov and they haven't recovered and gotten the necessary depth to help this team

Flyers - They lost JVR, Matt Carle, Jaromir Jagr and Danny Briere and have had a semi-hard time replacing those guys - they signed Vinny Lecavalier and he's been very good but hurt, Mark Streit basically replaced Matt Carle and you could argue that was a downgrade - Jaromir Jagr, while old in age, would have still been a solid piece for this team and we all know the JVR trade was not good for the Flyers

Devils - Losing Parise and Kovy had really burned this team offensively - they are nowhere near as dangerous offensively and it goes to show you how worse they've gotten since then

Panthers - They made the playoffs two seasons ago and won their division and now they're a bottom barrel team again

Teams like Montreal, Toronto and Tampa have gotten a little bit better but overall, in the East, the only two constants have been Pittsburgh and Boston - even Ottawa has taken a step back and Carolina is still middling as a team - also the Islanders have gotten way worse, and that's just comparing them from last season

What do these teams in the East need to do to get better, is it philosophy or what?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit and Columbus weren't moved to the Eastern Conference, they were relegated.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ottawa just needs to spend a bit more money.

They are one veteran top 4 defenseman (a good one would cost about $5 M/yr) away from being a damn good team. When Karlsson/Methot are not on the ice they have struggled to get out of their own zone. Big time.

They have plenty of cap space. If they would have gone out and got a serviceable D-man who can actually handle the puck they could insulate guys like Wiercioch and Cowen a bit more. Those guys would be way more effective if they weren't playing against top competition as much as they are.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ottawa just needs to spend a bit more money.

They are one veteran top 4 defenseman (a good one would cost about $5 M/yr) away from being a damn good team. When Karlsson/Methot are not on the ice they have struggled to get out of their own zone. Big time.

They have plenty of cap space. If they would have gone out and got a serviceable D-man who can actually handle the puck they could insulate guys like Wiercioch and Cowen a bit more. Those guys would be way more effective if they weren't playing against top competition as much as they are.

Jack Johnson for Robin Lehner and a young forward. Final offer.

And Dash. You're just jealous that the Jackets are in the hunt despite playing like the Oilers most nights (minus the diving).

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a dude from the swamp who's just beaming right now.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Dash. You're just jealous that the Jackets are in the hunt despite playing like the Oilers most nights (minus the diving).

I forgot to listen to my "little voice" that said "There's going to be trouble if you post that message".

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's ok dash; it's understandably a little testy over on this side these days.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I see it the East has improved in a huge way since even last year.

We aren't subjected to Brian Burke's asshatism on a regular basis anymore. That's as big an improvement as you can get!!

Take that Dash!!

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least the NHL Eastern Conference is better than the NBA Eastern Conference.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I see it the East has improved in a huge way since even last year.

We aren't subjected to Brian Burke's asshatism on a regular basis anymore. That's as big an improvement as you can get!!

Take that Dash!!

:suds:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least the NHL Eastern Conference is better than the NBA Eastern Conference.

8-12... sounds like a playoff team to me!! ;)

Maybe there real is an East Coast bias.... towards losses.

RangersReds03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My team sucks. Watching their games feels like a chore. I used to look forward to game night and now I dread it.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait until the postseason when the abyss that is the Metro puts three teams in. WEEE!