• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The single greatest rock song of all time (in your opinion)

California Creme Puffs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread attempts to do the impossible. Post what you consider to be the greatest rock song of all time (in other words, the greatest song in the history of music). Only one song allowed, so choose wisely. No take-backs or "now that I think about it" posts.

I swear to Christ, if @yoga≈surfing comes in here and posts 30 fucking random songs, I'm going to triangulate his IP address, drive to California, and fuck him up so bad that he's gonna wish that he had never heard a rock song in his entire life.

California Creme Puffs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really hard, but for me, it's gotta be this one. This song brings back so many memories of when me and @Used 2 B Hu first got married. He would come home late at night, make himself a martini and turn on the game, and I would lay awake upstairs and wait for him to come to bed. When he finally came up, I asked him where he had been and he freaked out and accused me of being a coke-addicted whore.

I found out many years later that he was doing blow and playing dress up with @Cedrique on those late nights out. He just projected his cheating and substance abuse behaviors onto me. I divorced him shortly after (well, we were never technically "married" back in those days) and moved on with my life as a confident, young gay man. But anytime that this song comes on the radio, I catch myself humming, then singing, then shouting and crying these lyrics:

"I hold you in my arms
As the band plays
What are those words whispered baby
Just as you turn away
I saw you last night
Out on the edge of town
I wanna read your mind
To know just what I've got in this new thing I've found

So tell me what I see
When I look in your eyes
Is that Huuuuuuuuuuuuu baby
Or just a brilliant disguise"

Last edited:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2