• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Rockies and Don arrive at the Ballpark to face the Rangers - COL v TEX

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Night fellas......I've gotta get up and drive to Memphis tomorrow and the forecast is some rain all along the way.....Hey, I ain't complainly.....Deal with it or fold, right?

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Night fellas......I've gotta get up and drive to Memphis tomorrow and the forecast is some rain all along the way.....Hey, I ain't complainly.....Deal with it or fold, right?
Be careful.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drive careful

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(1) We definitely jacked Profar. This isn't debatable IMO. Have no idea why this all happened, other than the 'Washington Factor' and I don't want to get into this now. Wasn't good for him or us. But we aren't doing that now. Honestly, I don't think he's an everyday SS for a good team today. Arm ain't what it should be. And maybe we contributed to this. Anyway (2) I'd trade Beltre to a contender, and I don't give a crap, at least so much, what we get back, if he'd get the ring; for sure (3) Profar can play 2nd for sure IMO, and I think he'd be fine at 3rd.

We've got openings damn near everywhere, unless I'm missing something. So like DT said earlier, "we're in the business of evaluating talent in 2018" and little else should matter.
I agree we are evaluating but there is nothing to say that we still will not jack with Profar. The only reason we are not doing it now is that Beltre and Andrus were on the DL. So we will see if management agrees with the majority of us in that we are evaluating once Andrus gets back or if it goes back to the way it was before with Odor, Andrus and Beltre getting the majority of the IF play.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have a safe trip Donaldson. I plan on watching some more the blood bath that is called the U.S. Open. HA! And the Rangers of course.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I So we will see if management agrees with the majority of us in that we are evaluating once Andrus gets back or if it goes back to the way it was before with Odor, Andrus and Beltre getting the majority of the IF play.

I shudder to think about What they will decide. I bet one of Beltre, Elvis, or Profar gets traded on the deadline tho.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree we are evaluating but there is nothing to say that we still will not jack with Profar. The only reason we are not doing it now is that Beltre and Andrus were on the DL. So we will see if management agrees with the majority of us in that we are evaluating once Andrus gets back or if it goes back to the way it was before with Odor, Andrus and Beltre getting the majority of the IF play.
you play your best or you trade them. if we hang onto Beltre and Andrus then Profar and Kiner-Falefa will sit unless the Rangers have had enough of Odor and sit him or send him down. then one of them steps into the 2nd position. personally I would trade Beltre, Andrus and anyone else worth anything for what we can get and send Odor down and continue to play Profar & Kiner-Falefa plus anyone else (Ibanez) that looks ready for shot

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is possible that it could be 2 of those 3
Until EA has had ample time to test his injury it is doubtful anyone will gamble on that type of injury. Beltre is hot now and could be helpful somehow but would expect this is his last year regardless. Profar is a best guess.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until EA has had ample time to test his injury it is doubtful anyone will gamble on that type of injury. Beltre is hot now and could be helpful somehow but would expect this is his last year regardless. Profar is a best guess.
that's 2 of 3

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's 2 of 3
I'm not sure. Nobody will take Odor and really not sure anyone will take Profar unless some team is in contention and is needing a SS. That is a possibility tho. He just has not shown his billing this year.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure. Nobody will take Odor and really not sure anyone will take Profar unless some team is in contention and is needing a SS. That is a possibility tho. He just has not shown his billing this year.

Have to think Hamels Diekman, other relievers with expiring contracts, Kela, Beltre, Choo in that order are most likely to get traded. Do not even include Profar unless you are right about team losing SS then yes he just might be let go.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to think Hamels Diekman, other relievers with expiring contracts, Kela, Beltre, Choo in that order are most likely to get traded. Do not even include Profar unless you are right about team losing SS then yes he just might be let go.
I was just responding to Scottie. Really don't think Profar is on the trade list unless as I had explained.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nf tr
I was just responding to Scottie. Really don't think Profar is on the trade list unless as I had explained.
. Not trying to dispute at all. Just continuing the discussion. If we could get pitching for Profar, I think we would trade him easily. And could happen if a contender needs a SS. Heady guy who will improve

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Guess this is the move that makes room for Gallardo. And ensures Fister is SP for us again next year

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Guess this is the move that makes room for Gallardo. And ensures Fister is SP for us again next year
Snake bit outfit if ever I did see

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Profar and IKF are still outplaying him.

Over that time period Odor has a .703 OPS (.264 BA) and IKF is .560 (.212 BA), so not true

Profar's is .814 (.244 BA) BTW

Factoring in defense, IKF is the 3rd most valuable batter on the roster in terms of WAR behind Choo (2.1) and Deshields (1.9) and 4th behind Hamels (also 1.9), yes ahead of even Mazara in 14 fewer games