• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Penultimate Play

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good read, but boy did I shake my head when I read this bit:

Giants left fielder Juan Perez: "As soon as it was hit, I said, 'Game over. We won it all. Blanco has got this.' So, I was running toward the infield instead of backing up on the play." :shocked:

MLB - The Penultimate Play - ESPN

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you go back and look at that play Crawford saved it all. He got a tricky short hop off wet grass from Perez and turned quickly towards the infield to make a throw. Crawford saved the day. If that ball is juggled or dropped they might send Gordon and who knows what would of happened. Thank you Craw for having some sweet hands.

Last edited:

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good read, but boy did I shake my head when I read this bit:

MLB - The Penultimate Play - ESPN

I saw this, and the little video they played interviewing the Royals and Giants players/staff about that play. The last thing Posey said was "I think it's better off for everybody it ended the way it did".

Then it dawned on me, thank GOD this didn't end with a collision at the plate. Because the plate collision rule would have been brought up, replay etc., it would not have been a fun way to end. Or it would have been very controversial. Now a run down to end the game would be interesting. I doubt that's ever happened.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw this, and the little video they played interviewing the Royals and Giants players/staff about that play. The last thing Posey said was "I think it's better off for everybody it ended the way it did".

Then it dawned on me, thank GOD this didn't end with a collision at the plate. Because the plate collision rule would have been brought up, replay etc., it would not have been a fun way to end. Or it would have been very controversial. Now a run down to end the game would be interesting. I doubt that's ever happened.

Well, it *almost* happened. 2013 World Series.