• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The official TG says thread

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while you can take most things beat writers say with a grain of salt, TG does IMO a great job, despite being a rangers fan.

so hey, he's our most consistant reliable source of devils news...

show him some love and post some links to his stories that catch your eye here

i'll start off with a post kovy war article Fire & Ice

(interview courtesy of chesnokov)

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tgis one of the few blogs i follow and always the first i check.give him allot of credit hes extremely dedicated to his work. and unlike allot of the other devils writers he doesnt do the gossip thing.

Devs_Jets_Yanks27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Gotta give him credit. I know it's only a job, but I don't know if I could ever cover the Rangers, Patriots, Red Sox, etc...

My dad's always been a Star Ledger reader, but I keep telling him that TG covers much better than Chere does.

BTW, I'm Devils_White5 from ESPN boards

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
welcome aboard my friend.

i'll only read the occasional tg article. his twitter account is phenominal tho, he has things up usually as soon as they break to the big boys (dreger, mckenzie, allen) sometimes even before them. i don't think the guy ever isn't working.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He's very critical of the Devils sometimes, which is fine, but most of the time I think it's frustration boiling over. The Devils are a tightly run ship, and not having access to assistant coaches, and LL always saying "status quo" has got to be draining.

Last edited by a moderator:

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i've noticed he doesn't seem to have much of a sense of humor either haah i think sometime he gets annoyed with some of the nonsense people spew over on his blog.
but as far as devils reporting i don't think there is anyone better which in all honesty, is all i care about from a reporter

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i've noticed he's not the most humorous guy, or if he is its pretty dry. but imo there is no one better for getting devils news up almost immediately. his twitter account is pure gold.

and in all honesty he can be a ranger fan if he wants as long as he keeps wheeling out all that devils news faster than anyone

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
TG is speculating that the Devils wont try to dump any players until camp starts. Theoretically, this would make a lot of sense for them. I would assume that if Lou approaches the situation with a "wait and see" approach he has some options available to him in regards to which players he can move.

For example:

If Urbom/Corrente/Eckford/Fraser has a very strong camp, then he might be more inclined to move Salvador. If none of the defensive prospects are going to be ready, but some of the young forwards are doing very well, he might move Zubrus/Rolston/Langenbrunner, etc.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TG is speculating that the Devils wont try to dump any players until camp starts. Theoretically, this would make a lot of sense for them. I would assume that if Lou approaches the situation with a "wait and see" approach he has some options available to him in regards to which players he can move.

For example:

If Urbom/Corrente/Eckford/Fraser has a very strong camp, then he might be more inclined to move Salvador. If none of the defensive prospects are going to be ready, but some of the young forwards are doing very well, he might move Zubrus/Rolston/Langenbrunner, etc.

i thought a while ago that would be likely, then in the other thread dreger says the devils and leafs are definately talking.
but its porbably feelers. going into camp is the most logical thing. then before you make a trade you get to see what works best for your team especailly with the wings. while we hae a surplus of them, until any trade is made, the logjam at wing could be one of our biggest (good) problems

say you go into camp and you know tedenby will be practicing with the vets come the 17th, as will probably josefson henrique urbom and corrente

say tedenby looks better than one of either rolston or zubrus..

somewhat narrows down whos expendable.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anybody read his article about nilson participating in camp this year if so what are your thoughts dont remember to much about him.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm assumig this is a josefson comforting/young swede protection act

keep them comfortable and give them as much help as they can get to become aclimated to the nhl environment

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It seems like most of the moves Lou made this year have been about helping the Sweedes and Kovy. Tallinder and Nilson to help them acclimate, and Volchenkov and Hedberg to lure Kovy.