• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Official Post-Draft Analysis Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping you would draw #11 with Q drawing #12. You can be he'd pick pronto after you picked to keep you around and right back on the clock. ;)

I had a few texts from this Q after people were on the clock for a short hour (is it time so skip him yet?) lmao. I love Q's passion during the draft. We'd be done in 24 hours if he had his way.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping you would draw #11 with Q drawing #12. You can be he'd pick pronto after you picked to keep you around and right back on the clock. ;)

I had a few texts from this Q after people were on the clock for a short hour (is it time so skip him yet?) lmao. I love Q's passion during the draft. We'd be done in 24 hours if he had his way.

I'm sure his head was exploding my week out of town :pound:

Red Snow

Hoopla Cash
$ 769.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Juwan Johnson- Clear #1 WR with a great QB. This is the year he blossoms.

Karan Higdon- Very impressive late in the season. Harbaugh loves to run the ball and he finally found his main guy at Michigan after years of searching.

Felton Davis- I had Tony Lippett a few years ago his SR year with a good QB in Connor Cook. This reminds me of the same combination. Davis/Lewerke.

Deondre Francois- I think he has a big year in Taggart’s offense and fully healed.

Sam Ehlinger- The guy improves as a passer this year and he still runs a lot. Complete package.

Dez Fitzpatrick- Everyone else loves Jaylen Smith. I like him too, but don’t forget about Fitzpatrick. He put up nice numbers when healthy. He finds the end zone.

Damarea Crockett- Had a great FR year, hurt last year. I think he bounces back nice and he has a great supporting cast. Missouri should score a lot this year especially with another year of a bad defense they will be in shootouts. He will get a lot of touchdowns.

Kelly Bryant- Improved a lot late last year. He will score a lot of short touchdowns. Clemson will eat up the clock this year and play good defense. Trevor Lawrence’s time is coming but I think Bryant is good enough this year to keep the job.

McLane Carter- I don't think he puts up GREAT numbers by any means, but I do think he wins that job.

Alex Delton- RUN ALEX!!! RUN!!!! (Just don’t throw a pass into the playbook) which Snyder doesn’t do often anyway.

Nick Easley- Good QB throwing to him. The clear #1 there. Should catch a lot of passes this year. Reminds me a bit of Ryan Switzer.

Dislikes

Shawn Robinson- Was a horrific passer last year when given a chance. Could improve on that, but he has a guy right behind him who can sling it much better. Robinson can run, but I have a hard time believing Patterson will stick with him if he can’t pass. Could have gotten similar later in the draft in Alex Delton. Delton probably outscores him.

Eno Benjamin- Too much value at RB left on the board at this time. Arizona State has not run the ball well the last few years. Herm will stick to a run game, but not sure they will settle on one guy. I think he might be better later in the year as he breaks away.

Nick Westbrook- Wouldn’t touch the guy in the first 12 rounds with Brandon Dawkins throwing him the ball. He better hope Dawkins doesn’t win that job.

Ty Chandler- Think he is just an average RB on an average team. Not a terrible pick but would have gone another route there and waited on Chandler.

Taylor Cornelius- I think Okie State may play musical QB’s this year until settling on Spencer Sanders later in the year. Very risky that early. Could be a frustrating situation to handle the Okie State QB’s this year. I think you will see all 3 this year.

Trevor Lawrence- Look, no doubt about it Lawrence will be one of the BEST QB’s in college football down the line. I get the pick as he has so much talent, but I would have waited a few good rounds to select him. I think Bryant will get first dibs and I think Clemson will have success with him to win and keep him in the game. Lawrence is without question the better QB of the two but they role with Bryant who will win with them. Not a wasted pick, but could have waited on him.

Kendall Hinton- WHAT?

Justin Fields- Not a fantasy factor this year.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd actually call Noah Fant Iowa's "#1". Easley should have a decent year though. I expect him to be sort of like Matt Vandeberg was for Iowa his JR year before his injury. Should catch a good amount of passes. Won't score gops of touchdowns but will score.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried to mostly bring up guys who haven't been talked about much or at all

Picks I liked for me:

Rodney Anderson- I know it's round 1, but I was crushed when I saw I was picking 8. Getting my #3 overall player is a no brainer win for me.

Brittain Brown- there's no one to share with, Duke saw how much better than they were when he got more carries. Just good value in round 9.

Alex Delton- I think he wins the job. He has the upside with his legs. And he showed improved passing in the spring.

Picks I didn't like for me:

Eno Benjamin: I didn't regret this pick until rounds 6-9 when I saw how much RB talent was still left.

OK State guys: I probably could have gone safer. But I will say it seemed like a ton more interesting jobs were up in the air than usual.

Other picks I liked:

Nate Brown: Supposedly has looked great. Could be in line for a huge breakout. Good offense with opportunity.

Karan Higdon: 1000 yard guy last year with no passing threat to speak of. I think this is great value here.

Francois: Fantastic pick by Guru here. Taggert's offense made Quentin Flowers look capable. Imagine what it can do with Heisman level talent. FSU just needs to be able to actually block for him.

Kelly Bryant: All this Hunter Lawrence talk, this guy still put up start-able numbers and should only get better in year 2 as a starter in a high octane offense.

Ross Bowers: A very safe QB2 type in the mid teens. Tremendous system and all his WRs are back. I think he could make a decent jump this year. I thought about taking him a lot myself.

Other Picks I Didn't Like:

Tee Higgins: that is a lot of risk in round 4. Especially when your QB;s biggest strength is on the ground and you have a strong running game there. Plus clemson has spread it out before without a monster star receiver. Big ? if Higgins is that. But if JB is right, the upside is HUGE.

Tua; just not worth a first in this league, whether you have Hurts or not.

Tyler Vaughns: I get it. But there's just a lot of risk at USC right now. Totally new QB, the passing numbers should go down, and there's a legit 50/50sh chance that Pittman is the guy. I just don't think the upside is here for round 5.

Tre Bryant: Is he even going to start?

Clyde Edwards-H: LSU is going to pass more and just think there were some better RBs on the board. This is also a potential timeshare spot. I think Brossette could easily outproduce him.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't do dislike picks this year, but one I will point out.

Washington TE Hunter Bryant- DISLIKE! Because he is most likely out for the season which was reported before the draft.

Paper Tigers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shawn Robinson- Was a horrific passer last year when given a chance. Could improve on that, but he has a guy right behind him who can sling it much better. Robinson can run, but I have a hard time believing Patterson will stick with him if he can’t pass. Could have gotten similar later in the draft in Alex Delton. Delton probably outscores him.

I don't have an issue with Shawn Robinson being here but to say he was a horrific passer is misleading. Look at the statistics for Texas Tech offense in the game he played in - They passed for 133 yards, 0 TDs and 1 INT. There were huge winds. Nobody would pass well in that weather.

Paper Tigers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just in case finishing in last in the division isn't enough.....let's revisit some of the surefire, can't miss predictions for the Heisman Hopefuls and others in the league!!!

Just trying to figure whether Kelly Bryant or Ross Bowers was the bigger steal...

Picks I liked for me:

Rodney Anderson- I know it's round 1, but I was crushed when I saw I was picking 8. Getting my #3 overall player is a no brainer win for me.

Brittain Brown- there's no one to share with, Duke saw how much better than they were when he got more carries. Just good value in round 9.

Alex Delton- I think he wins the job. He has the upside with his legs. And he showed improved passing in the spring.

Other picks I liked:

Nate Brown: Supposedly has looked great. Could be in line for a huge breakout. Good offense with opportunity.

Karan Higdon: 1000 yard guy last year with no passing threat to speak of. I think this is great value here.

Francois: Fantastic pick by Guru here. Taggert's offense made Quentin Flowers look capable. Imagine what it can do with Heisman level talent. FSU just needs to be able to actually block for him.

Kelly Bryant: All this Hunter Lawrence talk, this guy still put up start-able numbers and should only get better in year 2 as a starter in a high octane offense.

Ross Bowers: A very safe QB2 type in the mid teens. Tremendous system and all his WRs are back. I think he could make a decent jump this year. I thought about taking him a lot myself.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just in case finishing in last in the division isn't enough.....let's revisit some of the surefire, can't miss predictions for the Heisman Hopefuls and others in the league!!!

Just trying to figure whether Kelly Bryant or Ross Bowers was the bigger steal...

I don’t claim to be good.

I’ve told dc privately I’m easily the worst owner in S12 history.

But you did like delton.

But that higdon pick.....

Status
Not open for further replies.