• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts Thread for a 2017 Flyers Stanley Cup

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be a good pick, but Shero never seems to draft the speedy forwards. He always goes for a dman that he could package in a trade somewhere down the line. Maybe he's changed his philosophy tho.
He was pretty set at forward with the Pens tho. Center is A very big hole with the devils. He may have to out of necessity

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was pretty set at forward with the Pens tho. Center is A very big hole with the devils. He may have to out of necessity
Not in the 2012 draft, we had to trade Jordan Staal to the Hurricanes & got their #8 pick. We could've drafted Tomas Hertl, Filip Forsberg, or Radek Faksa. Instead, he drafted Derrick Pouliot (dman) with the #8 and then drafted Olli Maatta (another dman) with the 22nd pick.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Shero's defense, dmen are a hot commodity right now. I bet we see dmen go a little earlier that people project or rate the prospects. i bet once one or two of Juolevi or Chyruchun go, someone will move up to grab Sergachyev, McAvoy, and Bean. In the words of Derek Zoolander "dmen are so hot right now"

Could be very helpful for the Flyers.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Shero's defense, dmen are a hot commodity right now. I bet we see dmen go a little earlier that people project or rate the prospects. i bet once one or two of Juolevi or Chyruchun go, someone will move up to grab Sergachyev, McAvoy, and Bean. In the words of Derek Zoolander "dmen are so hot right now"

This is true, awaz, we were able to use those dmen to package some trades (including the Phil Kessel trade).
It's not necessarily a bad thing, but I wouldn't expect him to draft a speedy forward that will one day be a part of the team. I could be wrong tho, maybe Shero changed his philosophy.

Speaking of which, I noticed you guys are in a very similar position as we were in a couple years back with the pipeline of dmen. Will be interesting to see which guys make the Flyers and which guys are packaged off in trades.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agre but the devils most valuable assets are already defensemen. All theyre bigest bargaining chips are defense. Aside from Henrique,Cammy,Blandisi and Boucher. They are severely lacking depth at forward. I could see Shero going with Defense. But I think the depth at d and glaring holes at the forward position. Make it really atd to pass on keller. They also picked up Floridas 2nd round pick to eat Savards contract. They could go defense in the second. Where aside from Larsson they tend to draft defensemen as of late

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agre but the devils most valuable assets are already defensemen. All theyre bigest bargaining chips are defense. Aside from Henrique,Cammy,Blandisi and Boucher. They are severely lacking depth at forward. I could see Shero going with Defense. But I think the depth at d and glaring holes at the forward position. Make it really atd to pass on keller. They also picked up Floridas 2nd round pick to eat Savards contract. They could go defense in the second. Where aside from Larsson they tend to draft defensemen as of late
Yeah, I still say Shero will draft a dman.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may and you could both very well be right. But I am hoping for Keller A top tier center is just my preference

At your spot, Keller would be my preference as well. I like him a good bit.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At your spot, Keller would be my preference as well. I like him a good bit.
Im not sure if I'm excited or nervous about the draft. Nervous the Devils make a bad trade. Excited to see who goes where

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you have guys player or position you would like to see the flyers go with?Do you think the flyers try to move up a steal A guy like Bellows. Stay put and grab the best available player? Trade back and load on picks? The flyers have had some very solid drafts over the past few years . I ws actually hoping the Devils grabbed Couturier the year they picked Larsson

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you have guys player or position you would like to see the flyers go with?Do you think the flyers try to move up a steal A guy like Bellows. Stay put and grab the best available player? Trade back and load on picks? The flyers have had some very solid drafts over the past few years . I ws actually hoping the Devils grabbed Couturier the year they picked Larsson
I always want to trade up but that's why im never going to get hired as a GM for the NHL.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always want to trade up but that's why im never going to get hired as a GM for the NHL.
The flyers have done it in the past. And if its for Bellows I think its well worth it. Bellows with Giroux may be a nasty combination imo. Claude is a very skilled passer. Bellows has great positioning and drive. And he definitely knows how to finish. He's a sniper reminds me a little of Parise

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The flyers have done it in the past. And if its for Bellows I think its well worth it. Bellows with Giroux may be a nasty combination imo. Claude is a very skilled passer. Bellows has great positioning and drive. And he definitely knows how to finish. He's a sniper reminds me a little of Parise
I'm hoping if we stay at 18 we get Gauthier or if we pick someone else in that spot we trade up with our second rounder's to get h8im

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man is it hard to concentrate at work when the draft is in 4.5 hours :gaah:. probably my favorite single day, and a half i guess if you include rounds 2-3, of the hockey calendar.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping if we stay at 18 we get Gauthier or if we pick someone else in that spot we trade up with our second rounder's to get h8im
Are y'all going to be on for the draft here. I may ping back and forth between the flyers and doobs show thread come draft

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man is it hard to concentrate at work when the draft is in 4.5 hours :gaah:. probably my favorite single day, and a half i guess if you include rounds 2-3, of the hockey calendar.
You're clock watching too awaz :dhd: I'm excited

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Bellows a lot. I think i see how the first 10 picks or so go then decide if I need to move up to get him. My guess is you at least have to get ahead of the Wings and Preds to get him. Which would mean moving up to #15 (MIN). If that takes 'only' a 2nd rounder this year, and Bellows is still on the board, I'd make the move.

If that deal isn't there, I stay at #18 and hope for Kunin. Gauthier would be my second choice. After that I'm not really enthralled with anyone there, I may consider moving down a couple spots, see if you can pick up a 2nd rounder and take Laberge, Rubstov, or Thompson (in order of preference) in the early 20s. Maybe Florida moves #23 and #33 for #18? It took #29 and #61 to move up to #24 last year for the Flyers, so maybe that's an overpayment from Florida. Maybe TB moves #27 and #44 to get to #18?

After that I want DeBrincat, Abramov, and/or Steel in the second round. Not sure if you're going to be able to get one or two of those guys with #48 and #52, but maybe using the 3rds in combination with those can move one of them up to get Abramov/DeBrincat and maybe Steel is still available later in the round. Or if you do move back in the 1st, you can pick up another 2nd that's better positioned for those guys.