• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts Thread for a 2017 Flyers Stanley Cup

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played a lot more games than McDavid in which he should've been ahead of him however McDavid is a stud and is only 19. It hard to believe how much better he can be in a few years if he stays healthy
Im just glad they got it right. I was worried they may give it to McDavid based on name. Im still not sure how OV was up for the leadership award. He may be one of the greediest players on the ice imo. Glad Weber got it instead

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read Yandle signed for 7 years 44 million, so the Rags get a protected fourth round pick along with the 6th rounder.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read Yandle signed for 7 years 44 million, so the Rags get a protected fourth round pick along with the 6th rounder.
Wonder what Shattenkirk will want. Shattenkirk had 9 more goals but 14 fewer assists. Yandle was -4 and Shattenkirk -14.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder what Shattenkirk will want. Shattenkirk had 9 more goals but 14 fewer assists. Yandle was -4 and Shattenkirk -14.

hm. that -14 is kinda eye popping for a good team like the Blues. Shattenkirk was last on the team in that category this year.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hm. that -14 is kinda eye popping for a good team like the Blues. Shattenkirk was last on the team in that category this year.
That surprised me. I always thought he was a pretty good defensively. Parayko was + 28 (wtf), Pietrangelo +10 and Bouwmester was the 2nd worse D at -4.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made this same argumet with Doobs yesterday.

All for that argument for MVP style awards, but 'best' awards like rookie of the year i'm ok with it going to Panarin in this case.

Pretty weird year for the Calder though. Panarin is 24, McDavid only played half the season, and Ghost only a little more than half the season.

If the Calder was 'most valuable rookie' i'd say Ghost wins it in landslide.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All for that argument for MVP style awards, but 'best' awards like rookie of the year i'm ok with it going to Panarin in this case.

Pretty weird year for the Calder though. Panarin is 24, McDavid only played half the season, and Ghost only a little more than half the season.

If the Calder was 'most valuable rookie' i'd say Ghost wins it in landslide.
:agree:

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It kind of kills the fun in the NBA that we already know who the Sixers are going to pick.
But this is a very exciting time for Sixers fans. The thought that this may be a turning point for this franchise should bring up morale and joy for the fanbase and the players. I love the idea of getting Simmons and possibly getting the 3rd pick from Boston via trade?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made this same argumet with Doobs yesterday.
Its a tough call on one side Gost has a case . He did play a major role in elevation the flyers to the playoffs. On the other side Panarin did finish top ten including all skaters not just rookies. He also elevated Kane. Kane numbers doubled in goals and assists from last season. He actually did quite A but for the hawks. Tbh I had the two close with Planarian edging gost out. And Im really just glad they didn't give it to McDavid just off his draft position and name. The one that shocked me was OV not getting the leadership award.That would have been a joke. His selfish play is a major factor in why the caps cant finish. I was pleased with the awards they were an upgrade from some of the past choices imo

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But this is a very exciting time for Sixers fans. The thought that this may be a turning point for this franchise should bring up morale and joy for the fanbase and the players. I love the idea of getting Simmons and possibly getting the 3rd pick from Boston via trade?
Sixers also have 24 and 26. I think the Boston trade rumors for #3 will continue until the pick is made.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any ideas on who the Flyers are going to draft in the 1st round? This mock draft says Julien Gauthier (right winger from the Val-d'Or Foreurs of the QMJHL), but who really knows who will be picked at #18?

@clarkson23devils it says your Devils will draft Clayton Keller (center/left winger from the US Developmental League). At the same time, if I know Ray Shero, he'll probably draft a dman.

2016 NHL Mock Draft | 2016 NHL Draft | NHL Draft

My Pens don't have a 1st round pick this year (again), so I'm not even going to bother guessing who they draft with their first pick.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any ideas on who the Flyers are going to draft in the 1st round? This mock draft says Julien Gauthier (right winger from the Val-d'Or Foreurs of the QMJHL), but who really knows who will be picked at #18?

@clarkson23devils it says your Devils will draft Clayton Keller (center/left winger from the US Developmental League). At the same time, if I know Ray Shero, he'll probably draft a dman.

2016 NHL Mock Draft | 2016 NHL Draft | NHL Draft

My Pens don't have a 1st round pick this year (again), so I'm not even going to bother guessing who they draft with their first pick.
Im hoping Keller is there when they pick. He's got exceptional speed and vision. Is highly skilled passing the puck. Aggressive on the pk. And his wrist shot has similarities to Sakics. The one thing he needs to work on is finishing on break aways.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im hoping Keller is there when they pick. He's got exceptional speed and vision. Is highly skilled passing the puck. Aggressive on the pk. And his wrist shot has similarities to Sakics. The one thing he needs to work on is finishing on break aways.
It would be a good pick, but Shero never seems to draft the speedy forwards. He always goes for a dman that he could package in a trade somewhere down the line. Maybe he's changed his philosophy tho.