• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts Thread for a 2017 Flyers Stanley Cup

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to really think about this, who was our last outstanding faceoff guy? Brindamour? Serious question because I always felt this was an area that need huge improvement. I think this is one area that gets neglected imo.
Mall are you forgetting about Gee. :lol:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the game tonight, but how does Morin and our new forward look?
Vecchione could've had a goal in the first period off of a post hit by Colin McDonald he just missed putting it in. He looked good in the face off cirlcle. Morin looked slow in the first couple of shifts but came on strong as the game moved along. Wish he would've went after Thompson who was just taking runs all game. All in all they looked good for their first game.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mall are you forgetting about Gee. :lol:

Well, I hope you're not being sarcastic. G is 4th in the Nhl in total faceoff wins at close to a 56% win percentage too. That's pretty elite. Better than Toews, Crosby, Backstrom, Tavares or Kopitar also.

Couturier is winning 55.1% of his faceoffs this season too. So, we should actually be one of the better teams in the Nhl at that facet of the game.

Filppula, PEB and Schenn could definitely improve in this area, but they definitely take far fewer draws altogether.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do we lose in OT to the offensively challenged Devils when we are actually really strong in the extra frame!? Lol I need to watch this shit I guess...

I hate to say it, but I guess now we're just hoping we lose the last two games and all of Carolina, Winnipeg and Los Angeles pass us in the standings. Then I believe we would pick as high as 9th in the draft. It may not be a strong draft, but picking top ten is always nice.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The youth movement is here......

and things are looking brighter!!!!

636269086892455025-AP-16272861686994.jpg

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I hope you're not being sarcastic. G is 4th in the Nhl in total faceoff wins at close to a 56% win percentage too. That's pretty elite. Better than Toews, Crosby, Backstrom, Tavares or Kopitar also.

Couturier is winning 55.1% of his faceoffs this season too. So, we should actually be one of the better teams in the Nhl at that facet of the game.

Filppula, PEB and Schenn could definitely improve in this area, but they definitely take far fewer draws altogether.
Mall said we haven't had an elite face off man not remembering Gee is one of the best in the league. Couts is definitely the most improved in this area.We always have a solid game on the dot .

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do we lose in OT to the offensively challenged Devils when we are actually really strong in the extra frame!? Lol I need to watch this shit I guess...

I hate to say it, but I guess now we're just hoping we lose the last two games and all of Carolina, Winnipeg and Los Angeles pass us in the standings. Then I believe we would pick as high as 9th in the draft. It may not be a strong draft, but picking top ten is always nice.
We came out and were cruising around and they were flying and then we picked up our game from mid to late first on. We were the better team just the same old story we cant put the puck in the net.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have now missed the playoffs 3 out of the last 5 years. Last year being one of the years we made it and barely made it in. What we need to look at in the off season is what has happened and the common factors in the last 5 years that keeps getting our team eliminated before a playoff run.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have now missed the playoffs 3 out of the last 5 years. Last year being one of the years we made it and barely made it in. What we need to look at in the off season is what has happened and the common factors in the last 5 years that keeps getting our team eliminated before a playoff run.

I think we can all agree that our main issue is just consistency or lack thereof. We don't come to play every single time out and there's a lot of parity in the Nhl right now. If you don't bring it, especially against a division rival, they are going to smoke you. That's exactly what teams like NJ and Arizona have done to us this season. Two of the worst teams in the Nhl and yet we let them spank us repeatedly. It's embarrassing at times, as we have seen throughout this season.

If we win those games, we're probably in the playoffs right now. It really is that close.

Hexy is right too. You can blame losses on bad puck luck for a stretch of games, but not a whole season. We had to create our own good fortune at some point.

It definitely will be interesting to see what Couturier does early next season with Filppula still here.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can all agree that our main issue is just consistency or lack thereof. We don't come to play every single time out and there's a lot of parity in the Nhl right now. If you don't bring it, especially against a division rival, they are going to smoke you. That's exactly what teams like NJ and Arizona have done to us this season. Two of the worst teams in the Nhl and yet we let them spank us repeatedly. It's embarrassing at times, as we have seen throughout this season.

If we win those games, we're probably in the playoffs right now. It really is that close.

Hexy is right too. You can blame losses on bad puck luck for a stretch of games, but not a whole season. We had to create our own good fortune at some point.

It definitely will be interesting to see what Couturier does early next season with Filppula still here.
Mav i agree and im sure a lot of others will also agree that inconsistency is definitely one of the main problems. I want Hexy to figure out what common factors in the last 5 years that have led to the inconsistent play and fix those problems so this missing the playoffs doesn't become the norm.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vecchione could've had a goal in the first period off of a post hit by Colin McDonald he just missed putting it in. He looked good in the face off cirlcle. Morin looked slow in the first couple of shifts but came on strong as the game moved along. Wish he would've went after Thompson who was just taking runs all game. All in all they looked good for their first game.
Not sure we really saw enough of Vecchione to make a determination. I agree that Sammy looked better as the game progressed. I thought he looked a little shaky early but by the 3rd looked like he belonged. he has decent speed for being that size. Looking forward to seeing him next year.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure we really saw enough of Vecchione to make a determination. I agree that Sammy looked better as the game progressed. I thought he looked a little shaky early but by the 3rd looked like he belonged. he has decent speed for being that size. Looking forward to seeing him next year.
I would love to see more of Morin and i especially like the fact that he adapted quickly to the speed of the game the more he played.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mav i agree and im sure a lot of others will also agree that inconsistency is definitely one of the main problems. I want Hexy to figure out what common factors in the last 5 years that have led to the inconsistent play and fix those problems so this missing the playoffs doesn't become the norm.

If there's an issue with no longer sort of having that winning tradition or culture with the big club, Hexy is definitely trying to fix that with the Ahl squad first so our incoming prospects help instill that with the Flyers.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to love the schedule makers. After playing some freaky number of back-to-back games, and 4 games in the last 6 nights, we have off 3 days and end with another back-to-back. Showing lots of love for our Flyers!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all I know is, I hope they got the bullshit out of their system....

I'm on the boards in section 123 for Saturday and I want a fuckin WIN dammit....

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately Mav may be right in the fact we may not play hard to try and get a better draft pick.

We may be in tank mode but at least you have good seats.

Then maybe they should just sit the veteran guys and showcase the future of the team....
Fuck these crippled shitheads, if they would of put forth the effort when they had a shot, we wouldn't be in this situation. :D

mike-tyson-approves-truff.jpg

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then maybe they should just sit the veteran guys and showcase the future of the team....
Fuck these crippled shitheads, if they would of put forth the effort when they had a shot, we wouldn't be in this situation. :D

mike-tyson-approves-truff.jpg
If LV wasn't in a playoff fight the young guys would probably be playing already.