• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The most amazing stats in football

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw an article on this earlier today. Fitz has 29 drops in 16 seasons is amazing but I believe it said 40 tackles. That was mind blowing
Another one on there (although not football related ) , Wayne Gretzky could give away all of his goals and still be the all-time points leader in the NHL just with his assists.
Tom Brady, Wayne Gretzky and seven of the craziest facts in sports history | Sporting News

There's the article, fwiw.
hahahhahaha

my boss started throwing these stats at me yesterday about brady, gretzky, fitz, etc. it caused this thread. and theres the source of it all.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure why u left this out

In 1919, an MLB pitcher earned a complete-game win despite being struck by lightning

Ray Caldwell was an MLB pitcher in the early 20th century for the Yankees, Red Sox and Indians. He had a decent career, finishing with a 133-120 record after 11 years in the league, but he's best known for his performance in a game in August 1919. Caldwell was on the mound for the Indians against the Philadelphia Athletics and had the team up 2-1 in the top of the ninth inning. Suddenly, a lightning bolt struck the field.

“The bolts flashed here and there, causing much excitement,” Harry P. Edwards wrote in The Sporting News just over a century ago. “There was a blinding flash that seemed to set the diamond on fire and Caldwell was knocked flat from the shock of it.”

According to Edwards, Caldwell “lay stretched out in the pitcher’s box,” and his teammates feared “he may have been killed." However, he picked himself up from the ground moments later to the amazement of fans and teammates. After presumably rubbing some dirt on it, he proceeded to get the final out to seal the win.

Is this where rub some dirt on it comes from?