• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Movie You Watched (no spoilers)

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heaven Help Us ( 1985)

Im into watching movies i liked as a teenager.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning Part 1

I'm a giant fan of the past 3 before this. Ghost Protocol really got me hooked on the franchise, and then Rogue Nation added a villain as good as (imo) Philip Seymour Hoffman's in III. And then Fallout was pretty brilliant in every way as well.

I enjoyed Dead Reckoning, but boy, it felt like there was a lot of filler and extending of sequences that didn't really need extension. I assume it's because McQuarrie developed a story and script that would end up a 3 hour movie, so split it in 2 and needed to find a way to inflate the first one.

The good news is that it feels like it's setting up part 2 to be fantastic. I expect it to be the best of the franchise.

Found that 4K version. A real good watch.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Equalizer 3. More of the same as the first 2. But for this presumably final installment, they basically dispensed with a plot or any development of other characters of interest. Bad guys do bad things to good people.. Denzel kills bad guys.. rinse repeat, this time in Sicily. I liked the first 2 ok, but this one was ridiculously thin.. only $5 tickets and the popcorn was free so I guess it was worth it.. 4/10.

lol yah it was kind of meh. Just really more of the same. Not a bad thing but the villains felt super thin... felt like the Asian gang from The Fast and the Furious (1st one) or something lol.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched The Killer on Netflix with Fassbender.
Meh.

For martial arts manga fans, Blue Eyed Samurai was pretty good.
Reminded me of a throwback Ninja Scroll if you ever saw that one.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found a stunning version of T2. I love that movie. The picture quality was outstanding. I sat about 4 feet away from the TV and it was the best I’ve ever seen the movie.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh.

Regarding Blue Eye Samurai, Is there a Japanese language version? I usually watch most anime in Japanese as the emotion of the voice is better. If so, what do you recommend?

I will say I watched Ninja Scroll YEARS ago in English to start with (just all they had on HBO lol) and when I rewatch can't get into the Japanese version lol. I thought the voice acting in English was pretty good. Naruto and Golden Boy were also phenomenal in English dub.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding Blue Eye Samurai, Is there a Japanese language version? I usually watch most anime in Japanese as the emotion of the voice is better. If so, what do you recommend?

I will say I watched Ninja Scroll YEARS ago in English to start with (just all they had on HBO lol) and when I rewatch can't get into the Japanese version lol. I thought the voice acting in English was pretty good. Naruto and Golden Boy were also phenomenal in English dub.
So, the description of the movie says that it is an American anime.
Written by the husband and wife team of Michael Green and Amber Noizumi.

I watched it in English, so I don't know if there are dubbed versions/subtitles available.
I wasn't even paying attention to see if the words matched their mouth movements.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, the description of the movie says that it is an American anime.
Written by the husband and wife team of Michael Green and Amber Noizumi.

I watched it in English, so I don't know if there are dubbed versions/subtitles available.
I wasn't even paying attention to see if the words matched their mouth movements.

Oh got it. I watched the trailer, it looks good, I'll have to check it out.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
loved it since i saw it late night on hbo in the 80s.i also watch tombstone every tie it comes on.

One of Mary Stuart Mastersons first movies. She is tomboyish in Heaven Help Us but I can see the looks.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh.

I couldn't get all the way through The Killer. Highly disappointing

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't get all the way through The Killer. Highly disappointing

Yeah, I really didnt need a two hour movie of a guy talking to himself the whole time. It works in bits for the show Dexter. But not a full two hour slog.

Also, another movie where I could easily trim 20-30 minutes off it and get the same movie.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Old Dads.

Bill Burr hits a lot of nails on the head in this effort.

Just watched it. I'm a huge Burr fan and this movie started out GREAT for like the first 1/3... then the last 2/3 was just a typical bleh cheesy breakup drama fest. So I guess end of day you just have to surrender and conform with the woke culture to appease the whoman or don't get married and continue doing whatever you want (but then be sad because you don't have the ULTIMATE achievement which is dumping out a spawn). The firing scene was completely unrealistic and you'd have a major lawsuit against the Company that was just bought from you for doing that (given the footage is non consensual and filmed/obtained privately)...

I dunno... I guess I was expecting a different movie, lol. Again, first 1/4 or 1/3 was great. Last 2/3 I started kind of clicking through lol. Man acts like a jerk, whoman gets angry and kicks him out of the house HE pays for, he changes and atones, and gets back together. Been there done that...

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched it. I'm a huge Burr fan and this movie started out GREAT for like the first 1/3... then the last 2/3 was just a typical bleh cheesy breakup drama fest. So I guess end of day you just have to surrender and conform with the woke culture to appease the whoman or don't get married and continue doing whatever you want (but then be sad because you don't have the ULTIMATE achievement which is dumping out a spawn). The firing scene was completely unrealistic and you'd have a major lawsuit against the Company that was just bought from you for doing that (given the footage is non consensual and filmed/obtained privately)...

I dunno... I guess I was expecting a different movie, lol. Again, first 1/4 or 1/3 was great. Last 2/3 I started kind of clicking through lol. Man acts like a jerk, whoman gets angry and kicks him out of the house HE pays for, he changes and atones, and gets back together. Been there done that...

Agreed. Once he got past the day school place and had the blow up it lapsed severely.

When he tripped the kid I laughed.

But it all got old quickly in the latter bits.

And for the record, never even been remotely close to his situation.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What counts as "watching?" Does sitting in front of a Hallmark movie and ignoring it count? The GF has a broad definition of "too violent" that excludes most of everything.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What counts as "watching?" Does sitting in front of a Hallmark movie and ignoring it count? The GF has a broad definition of "too violent" that excludes most of everything.

Her: "The movies you like are too violent!"
Me: "Well the movies you watch are too sappy and gay. So if you want me to watch one with you we bang afterwards."
Her: "Well what are you gonna do for me if I watch a violent movie with you!?"
Me: "I'd prefer you just don't watch it with me and I don't have to do anything."

Problem solved from my end.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Once he got past the day school place and had the blow up it lapsed severely.

When he tripped the kid I laughed.

But it all got old quickly in the latter bits.

And for the record, never even been remotely close to his situation.

Yeah. I couldn't even finish it. Started off pretty good. But the firing was absurd and the general humor started to feel completely one note.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was really well done. Still trying to figure out whether I liked the ending or not.
Yeah, I'm sure it's a well crafted movie.
It just didn't do anything to separate itself from any other lonely assassin-type movie.

Best part was him talking to Tilda Swinton.

Although, to be fair, I'm someone that's hoping beyond hope that they make The Accountant into a streaming series......

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm sure it's a well crafted movie.
It just didn't do anything to separate itself from any other lonely assassin-type movie.

Best part was him talking to Tilda Swinton.

Although, to be fair, I'm someone that's hoping beyond hope that they make The Accountant into a streaming series......

I really enjoyed how it told the story from the 1st person of the assassin. The opening scene was really cool. I liked how methodical they showed him and how he constantly talked about how not smart or talented he was.