• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Movie You Watched (no spoilers)

Melman

DA BEARS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,046.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't Think Twice - The story of an improv troupe and how they deal with the closing of their theater at the same time that one of their own gets picked up for an SNL-style TV program. Well-written and directed by standup comedian Mike Birbiglia.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw We Are the Millers about a week or some back.

Decent enough brainless comedy. I have nothing against that.

But they RUINED Jennifer Anniston. I still rate her as one of the hottest in Hollywood, but they had her doing things that a 50 year old, no matter how hot, should not be doing. She does NOT have a strippers body. Having her act like a stripper just accentuated the fact that she has more years on her than anyone would like to admit.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But they RUINED Jennifer Anniston. I still rate her as one of the hottest in Hollywood, but they had her doing things that a 50 year old, no matter how hot, should not be doing. She does NOT have a strippers body. Having her act like a stripper just accentuated the fact that she has more years on her than anyone would like to admit.

I don't know. I liked it.. Way overdue of course but she's still got something.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd take her 50 year old body over most 25 year old silicone stripper's bodies.

Then again, i'm old.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Passengers - 2.5/5 Thought that it could've been better but definitely could've been a lot worse. Still wonder why Jennifer Lawrence got top billing over Chris Pratt (who definitely carried the movie and made it watchable).

Assassin's Creed - 2/5 This was disappointing. It fell flat to me and was way too rushed.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take her 50 year old body over most 25 year old silicone stripper's bodies.

Then again, i'm old.
I'd do the same with Sandra Bullock as well. I've always found her hot ever since Demolition Man and Speed.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Passengers - 2.5/5 Thought that it could've been better but definitely could've been a lot worse. Still wonder why Jennifer Lawrence got top billing over Chris Pratt (who definitely carried the movie and made it watchable).

Assassin's Creed - 2/5 This was disappointing. It fell flat to me and was way too rushed.
Yes, Pratt had the more important role, but Lawrence is the bigger star. That may not be the case in a few years, though. Pratt is proving that he can carry a movie and put fannies in seats.

As for AC, did you play the games? I am not interested in the movie because it did not use any of the established characters, thus is not really an AC movie.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Pratt had the more important role, but Lawrence is the bigger star. That may not be the case in a few years, though. Pratt is proving that he can carry a movie and put fannies in seats.

As for AC, did you play the games? I am not interested in the movie because it did not use any of the established characters, thus is not really an AC movie.
I've played some of them (part of one, two and Brotherhood I finished and partway through Revelations). I do agree with you that while there were a few nods here and there to the games, overall it didn't really have a whole lot to do with the story arc's of the games that I can recall. Was hoping that this would be better and do better in the theaters so that they could've made a sequel and went with the Ezio storyline. You could definitely tell Jeremy Irons looked bored and was just there for the paycheck.

I can see your point about Lawrence. I just think that Pratt is a big enough name now due to the GotG and Jurassic World movies that it wouldn't be out of the question to put his name as the top star. Just a minor pet peeve of mine I suppose.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What We Did On Our Holiday.... a little different, writing could have been better but the cast makes up for it.

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched Captn America Civil War the other night...yeah, finally...

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw Greater yesterday which is based on a true story about a former walk-on player at the University of Arkansas. Also saw McFarland USA which is also based on a true story.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw Greater yesterday which is based on a true story about a former walk-on player at the University of Arkansas. Also saw McFarland USA which is also based on a true story.
I haven't seen (or heard of) Greater. McFarland, USA is LOOSELY based on a true story. The similarities between the true story and the movie are few and far between.