• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Kris Dunn Thread

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn’t mind the Jazz being a guinea pig for a fine.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you want them to play?

I am saying that I would be OK with the NBA, fining the Jazz for rest a player after two days off, who doesn’t play too many minutes, and is not injured. I said guinea pig because it hasn’t happened or hasn’t happened very often where a team was fined. Of course, I’d want San Antonio other teams to also be and the big teams as well. But I think that they’re not going to bug teams for resting their players at home.

Many people are upset with players resting because they traveled there or bought a ticket to see them play and then they weren’t playing. A lot of people are upset because they think that they should not be paid if they’re not playing. They make so much.

I don’t care much about that because I’ve already accepted that they make so much more than I do and they don’t make a proportionate amount for their value insociety compared to those who save lives, etc. It is what it is. I know you make what you bring in and they bring that in. If people don’t like it, then don’t buy it. But even then, it’ll always be way more than anyone else.

As far as I’m concerned, if a player made $82 million, which I know they don’t, and they play 67 games, instead of me thinking they got paid 15 million for 15 games they didn’t play, I would just say they made 82 million for 67 games. That would be their rate. It doesn’t matter much to me. Obviously, if it came to the extreme of one game or something.

What makes me upset about it is that I look at the champion as the team that went through all the bumps and grinds and came out on top. If a team doesn’t rest their players, they’re going to be at a disadvantage, perhaps. There are studies that show that this isn’t true, but that’s the theory. even if it weren’t physical, the mental grind of the game is part of it. And it’s sort of like if you want to win, you have to join them.

But we don’t want to win. We’re not resting players in order to keep them healthy for a playoff run. We’re just resting players for the hell of it. Yes for tanking, but that’s not going to be a legitimate reason anyway.

But even then, they say you’re looking out for yourself by tanking and so therefore it’s OK. You’re in it to win it. Perhaps this is because my team has never won a championship, but I watch sports for a different reason, maybe as a coping mechanism. I see individual games as a battle, and I want to win them. I understand that those are who are being paid to build a team don’t care about that. They are being paid to win the championship and this is their idea of how they would get there and they want to build a sustainable thing. So do what they want, it doesn’t mean that I am going like it on the way. Trusting the process is not the same as liking the process. And even then we have no guarantees. Especially whatever other team is also doing the same strategy besides those who are actually competing right now for a championship. I’m sure they really, really care about what I think.

What they’re going to say, is that, “OK, you want to win the championship through the bump and grind. But if we play through the bump and grind, we won’t win, so what’s the point?” It’s sort of like me saying that I want to win $1 million without working. Has it happened? Yes, gambling happens. But if my thing was that it would be neat to have 1 million (win a ring) but I don’t want work for it (lose games), someone would say, fine, then don’t work for it and see how far you get. If you want our players to all play, and never rest and never tank, see how far we get, unless you can stop everyone from doing it, which is impossible because the theory is that you need to maximize your draft picks and quality of them.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ChatGPT TLDR:
1. Accept potential NBA fines for player rest.
2. Acknowledge fan frustrations with player rest.
3. Indifferent to player salaries compared to societal values.
4. Perspective on player earnings and game participation.
5. Prioritize team integrity over resting strategies.
6. Acknowledge differing views on winning.
7. Understand team management goals.
8. Skepticism towards team building processes.
9. Recognize the impossibility of preventing league-wide strategies.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many people are upset with players resting because they traveled there or bought a ticket to see them play and then they weren’t playing.
Yes, I agree with being upset about this.

Also, even for people not traveling to games, there is still an element of planning one's schedule to follow that day's game, involved. And the disappointment that follows when the team available to play isn't what one thought it would be.

I think San Antonio has been pretty good about playing their players this year.

Memphis, Golden State, Utah seem to be the worst at potentially resting players for tanking purposes.

A few days ago, it seemed like Draymond Green on Golden State rested for no reason other than that Steph Curry was also resting.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ChatGPT TLDR:
1. Accept potential NBA fines for player rest.
2. Acknowledge fan frustrations with player rest.
3. Indifferent to player salaries compared to societal values.
4. Perspective on player earnings and game participation.
5. Prioritize team integrity over resting strategies.
6. Acknowledge differing views on winning.
7. Understand team management goals.
8. Skepticism towards team building processes.
9. Recognize the impossibility of preventing league-wide strategies.
I like the NTLYIR version better.

Not Too Long, Yes I Read.