• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The fairly warm LAA Angels, invade the Globe....8/16-19th

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noticed that myself. I think the Rangers are overperforming, all things considered. We should follow suit
Agree. This board is not for the Rangers. More for us, the guys who enjoy Rangers and friendly conversations. At least for me it is.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. This board is not for the Rangers. More for us, the guys who enjoy Rangers and friendly conversations. At least for me it is.
Expect some Cowboy competition.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I miss something? No participation during the game from start to end. First time ever that I remember. Hope it is not a bad omen. Have noticed for quite sometime a falling off of posters.

I don't think this has happened before. I knew I was gonna miss it, but everyone!......Wow, that's disappointing.

I know any time I'm here and few else or it bothers me, if for no other reason, a self-serving one. ha ha

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you take the time and check, you will find it's more than a few who have left. Some were long time posters re Daryl Gann RevSader. Winding My Watch. All good baseball guys who made contributions. We need to get back up the numbers or else we may find ourselves bored on game night. Easy to see the difference in numbers of post being made now and three years ago.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know any time I'm here and few else or it bothers me, if for no other reason, a self-serving one. ha ha

Meant to say, 'and few else are'.....Opps

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you take the time and check, you will find it's more than a few who have left. Some were long time posters re Daryl Gann RevSader. Winding My Watch. All good baseball guys who made contributions. We need to get back up the numbers or else we may find ourselves bored on game night. Easy to see the difference in numbers of post being made now and three years ago.

Point made and taken......Turnover is to be expected, but it seems ours has been pretty high......I hope the guys who have left are for the right reasons, and not health related. But suspect some of the latter is true......In any case, let's hang tough guys......Hopefully in a year or so, we'll look back at 2018 as the 'true dog days' of a season and bask in our new found sunshine.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things happen with situations in people's lives that add to this. The house my wife and I moved into in November the computer is in the office so I would have to run in here and post as I hate posting on my phone. And we have a 3 year old grandson that we pick up from his school M-Th and our daughter-in-law is expecting a girl next month and they stay and eat with us on Tuesday and Thursday night. And then we are very social people so that keeps us busy. A few years ago I was on here all the time. And we know Romeo is working on his Law degree. And we never know if something happens to a poster in regards to health or whatever.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things happen with situations in people's lives that add to this. The house my wife and I moved into in November the computer is in the office so I would have to run in here and post as I hate posting on my phone. And we have a 3 year old grandson that we pick up from his school M-Th and our daughter-in-law is expecting a girl next month and they stay and eat with us on Tuesday and Thursday night. And then we are very social people so that keeps us busy. A few years ago I was on here all the time. And we know Romeo is working on his Law degree. And we never know if something happens to a poster in regards to health or whatever.
Oh I know things happen. In Romeo's case, no worry. We know he will be back. But I'm not talking about one or two every now and then. Last night was zero participation and looking back we have lost people I had forgotten. Not one or two. Seemed like most of them dropped all about the same time. It is their business but I really like this board and do not want to see so much absenteeism as it hurts this board. Hoping Romeo will have some suggestions.
Just for kicks, how many can you name of posters that have gone on. Was surprised when I looked back 3/4 yrs ago. Anyway so much for my complaining. I like you guys and baseball. Thanks for listening.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What will Perez do tonight? :noidea:

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FYI. Althought this may rankle some, it does not bug me. We may get some salary relief if option picked up I am guessing
I am not surprised that he is pitching like an Ace again. He is a NL Ace.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There for a while we had several boards that closed including Rivals, ESPN, BBTIA, and CBS that sent some guys over. Haven’t been much of that lately, and combine that with the team stinking a lot lately and you’re not going to see new guys flooding in. Most sports fans are fair weather so when you see the team on the upswing I think you’ll see more posters. That said, I don’t want to see this place die in the mean time either.

I haven’t had much time to think about it but I do try to keep my eyes peeled for new opportunities to bring new posters in. I think part of the problem is baseball hasn’t taken a huge foothold in Texas historically like it has in other parts of the country so that fandom isn’t sustained during leaner years. I wonder how many “Ranger fans” from 2009-2013 are suddenly “Astros fans” now?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There for a while we had several boards that closed including Rivals, ESPN, BBTIA, and CBS that sent some guys over. Haven’t been much of that lately, and combine that with the team stinking a lot lately and you’re not going to see new guys flooding in. Most sports fans are fair weather so when you see the team on the upswing I think you’ll see more posters. That said, I don’t want to see this place die in the mean time either.

I haven’t had much time to think about it but I do try to keep my eyes peeled for new opportunities to bring new posters in. I think part of the problem is baseball hasn’t taken a huge foothold in Texas historically like it has in other parts of the country so that fandom isn’t sustained during leaner years. I wonder how many “Ranger fans” from 2009-2013 are suddenly “Astros fans” now?
I think there are some fair weather fans and there are some who are still fans, but they don't like reading anything negative about the team so they stay away from these boards during the bad times.

I remember when Chuck Cooperstein had only been in the area for a few years he called Rangers fans zombies because they showed up to games even when the team was bad.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oakland A’s have tied up the AL West.

Is it terrible that I’m rooting for the A’s to deprive the Astros?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It would be funny but I’m rooting for team sinkhole.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rain delay

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I bet you were rooting for the Mexicans at the Alamo.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doppler radar showing a lot of rain in DFW.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is some info about our latest acquisitions from Scott Lucas.

"19-year-old 3B Sherten Apostel arrives from Pittsburgh. A J2 signing for $200,000 in 2015, Apostel made his US debut this year at Bristol in the Appy league, batting a robust .259/.406/.460 in 41 games. He's not Gallo-large but comes close, looming 6'4" and 200 pounds (and climbing). The arm strength for third base isn't in doubt; indeed, some teams viewed him as a pitcher before he signed. He's already grown into some power, as evidenced by the 201-point spread between his batting average and slugging percentage.

Apostel will be assigned to short-season Spokane. He's never played anywhere but 3B, which has been manned mostly by Diosbel Arias, as hot a hitter as you'll find in the system. Arias has also played some short and second, and he might find himself over there more often in order to get both of them in the lineup.

LHP Josh Javier, also 19, comes from Arizona. His career path is nearly identical to Apostel's: signed in 2015, two years in the Dominican Summer league, playing rookie ball this season. Javier has a 2.80 ERA in 35.1 innings, holding opponents to a .209/.301/.295 line with a 22% strikeout rate. Javier throws around 90 but has touched the mids and has some projection, from what I hear. He also offers a curve and change.

Neither has appeared on the top-30 lists of Baseball America or MLB.com, but Fangraphs.com ranked Apostel #16 over the winter, and he's done nothing to to harm his standing since."

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations Bartolo. Quite a career.