• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Diehard Breakdown: WV 83 Lafayette 56

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mountaineers extended the record to 2-0 on Sunday with a resounding victory over the Leopards of Lafayette. WV used pressure defense (20 turnovers and 11 steals) and dominated the glass with a 50-31 advantage. Although the Mountaineers failed to shoot the ball well, offensive rebounding and turnovers allowed them to take 81 shots in the contest while only shooting 38% for the game.

WV was led in scoring by Jonathon Holton with 18 points and 15 boards. Williams contributes 15 points and 11 boards. Freshman Jaysean Paige turned in a solid performance with 16 points while showing some amazing athletic skills for a first year guy.

All in all a good day for the Mens Basketball team. It is a positive sign to see this squad rebound from a very dismal performance 2 days ago. So at least we know they can learn from poor outings. It is early in the season but I like what I am seeing defensively and on the glass. That will carry this team a long way regardless of how they shoot it, which will get better. Finally, here is a brain teaser: When was the last time 2 Mountaineers had double doubles in the same game?? Next up: George Mason. Have a great day Mountaineer fans wherever you are!:suds:

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the athleticism of this years team (from what I've seen so far) I think defense and rebounding will be ok now scoring???? Well, let's hope and pray for quick development.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Final Four team was not a great shooting team. I like how they are defending right now.