• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Decade 24 Minute NBA Draft : CHAT

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was a kid, my dad used to get a partial season ticket plan for the Bullets. We got like 10 games, really good seats (about 6th row opposite the benches).

Anyhow, I will never forget this one moment. Gheorge Muresan was a rookie and Shaw was in either his first or second year. Muresan checked into the game for the first time. When he did, we were close enough to see Shaq say something to his teammates and they all started laughing. I can only guess that he was telling them what he was going to do to Muresan.

First possession, Shaq posted just outside the paint. He lowered his shoulder and tried to go right through Muresan. Big Gheorge was ready though. Well kind of. The impact was so great, that both players actually went to the floor. Shaq lost the ball out of bounds, no foul was called.

The best part though, was the reaction of both men. While on the floor, they turned and looked at each other in amazement. I don't think either had ever been knocked down quite like that. From that moment on, Muresan had Shaq's respect and actually played him semi tough.

I bring this up for 2 reasons. 1, I think it was funny, but I also love the Eaton vs. Shaq matchup. Shaq never really had to do battle with a player as big as Eaton and with his defensive chops.

Before you get any ideas, Smitty, if you switch your lineup, I counter by switching my 4s and 5s. Bosh and Eaton will play against Shaq no matter which group it is in.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I can't argue that but I wouldn't be shocked if those numbers were reversed either.
We have the best Coach in the league outside of Pop(my opinion), gets us 5-6 wins over our talent each year. In a couple of years, the Wolves will be winning 50-55 and the Mavs will be winning 30-35

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was a kid, my dad used to get a partial season ticket plan for the Bullets. We got like 10 games, really good seats (about 6th row opposite the benches).

Anyhow, I will never forget this one moment. Gheorge Muresan was a rookie and Shaw was in either his first or second year. Muresan checked into the game for the first time. When he did, we were close enough to see Shaq say something to his teammates and they all started laughing. I can only guess that he was telling them what he was going to do to Muresan.

First possession, Shaq posted just outside the paint. He lowered his shoulder and tried to go right through Muresan. Big Gheorge was ready though. Well kind of. The impact was so great, that both players actually went to the floor. Shaq lost the ball out of bounds, no foul was called.

The best part though, was the reaction of both men. While on the floor, they turned and looked at each other in amazement. I don't think either had ever been knocked down quite like that. From that moment on, Muresan had Shaq's respect and actually played him semi tough.

I bring this up for 2 reasons. 1, I think it was funny, but I also love the Eaton vs. Shaq matchup. Shaq never really had to do battle with a player as big as Eaton and with his defensive chops.

Before you get any ideas, Smitty, if you switch your lineup, I counter by switching my 4s and 5s. Bosh and Eaton will play against Shaq no matter which group it is in.
Eaton was a great defensive player, but he's not stopping Shaq either in my book. Eaton got a lot of blocks, because at 7'4'', he was bigger than most everyone. He's only an inch or two taller than Shaq, and there's no way he elevated the same. Shaq would also run from one end to the other before Eaton made it to half court. Don't get me wrong, he's a good option, but I'd think really athletic 7 footers with some size would have the best shot

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eaton was a great defensive player, but he's not stopping Shaq either in my book. Eaton got a lot of blocks, because at 7'4'', he was bigger than most everyone. He's only an inch or two taller than Shaq, and there's no way he elevated the same. Shaq would also run from one end to the other before Eaton made it to half court. Don't get me wrong, he's a good option, but I'd think really athletic 7 footers with some size would have the best shot

Dwight

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I watched a ton of Shaq and I think it comes down to when you think his "prime" was...
The "do you want me to slam" years, he was much more athletic but much more limited offensively but he was also a better rebounder and defender too... The Lakers Shaq was unstoppable offensively... So his young days Dream killed him because he could stay in front of him, it wasn't spin dunk, lob dunk... But once he got his post moves down he seemed to have trouble with guys like Malik Rose and Ben Wallace, even Vlade... And when I say trouble I mean he would get charge calls on him and he only score like 22/23 ppg...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sticking with my squads the way they are.

I think by the fourth TLance and I will be playing 4 on 4. Artest and Rodman may come to blows.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched a ton of Shaq and I think it comes down to when you think his "prime" was...
The "do you want me to slam" years, he was much more athletic but much more limited offensively but he was also a better rebounder and defender too... The Lakers Shaq was unstoppable offensively... So his young days Dream killed him because he could stay in front of him, it wasn't spin dunk, lob dunk... But once he got his post moves down he seemed to have trouble with guys like Malik Rose and Ben Wallace, even Vlade... And when I say trouble I mean he would get charge calls on him and he only score like 22/23 ppg...
The Shaq I'm using is early 2000's Shaq. In my mind anyway.

He wasn't the freak athlete by then. But he had an offensive game, passed the ball and was a much better all around player than when he was in Orlando. Imo.

Not ShaqFu. ShaqDiesel/BigAristotle. Not the BigCactus either. Or whatever he was in Boston and Cleveland. (Old, he was old.)

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, imagine if he had his post moves when he was much more athletic then he would have been insane, not that he already wasn't when he was in his prime. I think the extra weight helped him bully other players down low for the most part but his athleticism did drop some, doesn't really matter bc his post moves and footwork along with his passing ability got better over time and when he was on LA he was a beast.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I loved the crazy, athletic Magic Shaq, but Lakers Shaq (00's) he was unstoppable...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I loved the crazy, athletic Magic Shaq, but Lakers Shaq (00's) he was unstoppable...
LSU Shaq might've been the most exciting. But he got better with age for a long time really.

Till The Stones destroyed him and Kobe in the Finals anyway...

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was so smooth for a BigMan.

Shaq had the power to back him in, but you might be right on the foul trouble part.

It is easier to be smooth when you are allowed to move your pivot foot........

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those sandwich picks were really tough for me. I always felt like there were one or two guys who I could have taken instead as a bit of a reach, because I wouldn't have been able to get them on the back end. It feels like one pick is always a value and the other is always a reach, with no real inbetween. Messed up on probably my last 3 picks as I wrestled with a direction to go.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Nosferatu please move Laimbeer to team 1&3 C move Aldridge to PF in team 2&4 and put McAdoo at C thanks

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those sandwich picks were really tough for me. I always felt like there were one or two guys who I could have taken instead as a bit of a reach, because I wouldn't have been able to get them on the back end. It feels like one pick is always a value and the other is always a reach, with no real inbetween. Messed up on probably my last 3 picks as I wrestled with a direction to go.

I felt like that too at first, but I got to the point where I kept messing up by not getting the guy I wanted so it's not a reach per say since that's your slot and he may not get back to you at least that's what I tell myself when I reach... :noidea: