• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Brown also have a new WC O, new coach, and played the Champs

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If we played right now, how could you not think that? We looked lost, confuse, unprepared, and just bad. Cleveland looked confident, ready, and good. If they played right now, it would be ugly.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Cleveland doesn't have Megatron, we shut down DET run game, which is all Cle has. We might lose but it wouldn't be a blow out. Cle beat the Packers does that mean they are better than them too? This is the preseason. Game 1 at that. It means nothing.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would take a lot for the Bengals FO to get out of their denial that the Bengals are an NFL quality team. We have two types of players:

1. Players trying to get on other teams, of which there are 2 sub-types. a. good prospects for other teams, players that are trying to prove themselves like Dalton, Simpson. or b. players that are just holding on and staying healthy so they can leave the Bengals like Whitworth, A.J. Green and Leon Hall.
2. players that wouldn't be on the same level on another team. Either they wouldn't be on another team, or they wouldn't be starters on another team.

:plane:

Last edited by a moderator:

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's why we always get the types of guys we get, such as guys with character issues. They come here to show they've turned themselves around because nobody else wants them. They prove themselves, stay out of trouble, then move on to a real NFL team.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, most of the guys that leave here don't really amount to much on their new teams. Madeiu Williams was a young "star" for us. He sucked for the Vikes. Housh got a huge payday and was cut a year later. Justin Smith has finally played at a high level, but he's never had the sack numbers of a top 5 pick either here or in SF. Landon Johnson was our best defensive player (how sad) for a few years and he was irrelevant in Carolina. Stacey Andrews left us to sign a big money FA contract with the Eagles and he has basically been a bust.

Kevin Walter has been pretty good..... We never really utilized him here though, so he wasn't completely bengalized when he left. Steinbach has been pretty good, but they've thought of replacing him at times. Corey Dillon had a nice run in NE so I guess there is some hope.

TrinDaddy

Trinconceivable!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mccoy has had a year to adjust to the speed of the NFL and played against far more NFL talent through 4 years at Texas. The guy has always had pinpoint accuracy, setting the college record for completion percentage. I'm not sure why anybody is surprised that he is doing better than Dalton and I also don't understand why anybody thinks Dalton is similar or will be able to perform similarly to Colt. Honestly, when it's all said and done I expect Dalton to be a starter for a year or two then be a journeyman backup. I didn't think he had the tools on draft day and I don't think he will develop them but I hope to be proved wrong. Colt will turn into a fine NFL QB.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The problem is, we have to rely on the Bengals organization to develop him.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem doesn't lay with the talent. I think Dalton can do fine. The question is, can the organization get him in the right direction, and for the love of all that is good, can they get an OL to protect the poor SOB. He's going to have the "klingler" look by week 3.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's the key. I really think David Carr could have been a good NFL QB, but his rookie year he was sacked like 75 times and was never the same.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The Browns (the team, not the family) hired a proven football mind to run their operation..

They're in a good spot longterm with Holmgren