• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The best player in the league

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's better, prime Kobe or Durant?

Tell me, what other attributes does Durant have other than scoring? Kobe has made all defensive 1st or 2nd team over 15 times. Don't feel like posting the link. Wiki it. It's hilarious that you'd try to bait me with an asinine question.

Simple answer, Kobe.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe was the better player at their respective primes, but KD may not be at his prime yet and I would still choose KD to build with over Kobe in a heart beat.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe was the better player at their respective primes, but KD may not be at his prime yet and I would still choose KD to build with over Kobe in a heart beat.

You like to stir the pot and I get that. The fact of the matter is this, Durant can't hold a candle to Kobe in overall play. He's waited this long and still is suspect defensively and he's close to Kobe? There is no comparison. Kobe > Durant and funny that I have to add the greater than symbol.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Kobe was a better player than durant in his prime

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BIGGEST difference is the help LeBron has in Miami..LeBron is often coasting taking plays off...watching wade and bosh. but that's what he signed up for in Miami. what Durant has done as of late is more impressive than LeBron.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You like to stir the pot and I get that. The fact of the matter is this, Durant can't hold a candle to Kobe in overall play. He's waited this long and still is suspect defensively and he's close to Kobe? There is no comparison. Kobe > Durant and funny that I have to add the greater than symbol.

I am not stirring the pot. If I am building a team I want to win rings and you do not need the best players but the best team. Kobe is a great player, but if I am building a team I want a more compatible team mate. No matter how you rewrite the past he has had issues with teammates, so did Shaq and so did MJ so I would look else where if I got to fantasy draft the ages for my team.

BIGGEST difference is the help LeBron has in Miami..LeBron is often coasting taking plays off...watching wade and bosh. but that's what he signed up for in Miami. what Durant has done as of late is more impressive than LeBron.

OKC's team is stacked, make no mistake about that.

I am not saying Boston is all powerful this year but Rondo played 22 minutes and after the 1st half of gelling together they crushed the Celtics in Boston with out their 2 best players. I do not remember when MIA crushed teams with only 1 of the big 3.

And LBJ went to MIA to win rings because that takes a team and he was sick of waiting for some doofus (sp?) to half ass building a team.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:nod:

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bottom line is a player is judged by how many rings he has. Until Durrant wins some titles he's not the best player in the league.

I really disagree with this logic.

A player's worth is not measured by rings, a TEAM's worth is measured by that and ultimately the GM's, coaches and owner's worth, not the player who has almost nothing to do with teammate selection.

You could say until they win multiple MVPs I could agree with you more, but surely not on an NBA championship.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really disagree with this logic.

A player's worth is not measured by rings, a TEAM's worth is measured by that and ultimately the GM's, coaches and owner's worth, not the player who has almost nothing to do with teammate selection.

You could say until they win multiple MVPs I could agree with you more, but surely not on an NBA championship.

It's all about the ring. DR. J's career wasn't complete until he got his.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all about the ring. DR. J's career wasn't complete until he got his.

we are not talking GOAT time discussion we are talking currently the best player in the world. When Tiger Woods was going through his "slump" he wasn't ranked the #1 golfer because of his past success and neither should he have been ranked #1.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we are not talking GOAT time discussion we are talking currently the best player in the world. When Tiger Woods was going through his "slump" he wasn't ranked the #1 golfer because of his past success and neither should he have been ranked #1.

Comparing Tiger Woods to Kevin Durrant is a joke. Tiger wins Tournaments & is the most feared Golfer in the World. Durrant is a very talented basketball player who has yet to win anything.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Durant has just as much talent around him than Lebron, especially this year, with a healthy Westbrook. But yea Durant has been the best of late, but overall it is Lebron and it really isn't very close talking about overall play.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comparing Tiger Woods to Kevin Durrant is a joke. Tiger wins Tournaments & is the most feared Golfer in the World. Durrant is a very talented basketball player who has yet to win anything.

either you missed the point or if to win 1 game right now today you would take Kobe over Durant.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take a healthy Kobe or Lebron over Durant & wouldn't think twice. Heck I'd take a healthy Kobe over Lebron. Kobe has the CLUTCH GENE.

I think you are either still missing the point or you are making the case that past team accomplishments are attributes that can be utilized in game or you are just trolling...or you really think healthy Kobe is better than LBJ or Durant...but by your logic non healthy Kobe would also be better than both of them.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is better than Durant. That's just fucking simple mathematics. The people just don't want him to be the best but he is. I'm not a fan but let's be realistic. It's not even close.

:suds:

It's just being unbiased and giving respect where it's due. I never liked MJ. I still give him his props. I'm tired of all these hate threads and delusional nonsense.

^^^THESE^^^

Like RD, I'm no Lebron fan, but the guy is the best player in the world. I don't have to like it (unless he becomes a Laker), but I have no problem acknowledging it. I don't think he's been the best for as long as Heat fans and Lebroniacs like to claim, but he's been the best for the last 4-5 years and likely will be for the next 4-5 years minimum.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not stirring the pot. If I am building a team I want to win rings and you do not need the best players but the best team. Kobe is a great player, but if I am building a team I want a more compatible team mate. No matter how you rewrite the past he has had issues with teammates, so did Shaq and so did MJ so I would look else where if I got to fantasy draft the ages for my team.

OKC's team is stacked, make no mistake about that.

I am not saying Boston is all powerful this year but Rondo played 22 minutes and after the 1st half of gelling together they crushed the Celtics in Boston with out their 2 best players. I do not remember when MIA crushed teams with only 1 of the big 3.

And LBJ went to MIA to win rings because that takes a team and he was sick of waiting for some doofus (sp?) to half ass building a team.

So let me get this straight, you want to build a team to win rings around a player who hasn't won any and may never win any?

Must be what the "stats" tell you!!:suds:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
either you missed the point or if to win 1 game right now today you would take Kobe over Durant.

If you are talking today's 35 year old Kobe and today's, in his prime (or close to it) Durant, then I'm taking Durant even if Kobe were healthy.

If it's Kobe in his prime, then I'm taking Kobe. In other words: Are you talking apples to apples?

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me get this straight, you want to build a team to win rings around a player who hasn't won any and may never win any?

Must be what the "stats" tell you!!:suds:

That is not even close to what I said...and still can't let it go that you watched a whole 3 games and that tells you every thing :rollseyes:

If you are talking today's 35 year old Kobe and today's, in his prime (or close to it) Durant, then I'm taking Durant even if Kobe were healthy.

If it's Kobe in his prime, then I'm taking Kobe. In other words: Are you talking apples to apples?

Unread thread title is unread just like thread.

Let me rehash my points for you and you can pick and choose what to debate...also all of these points can be found in posts made by me in this not that long thread.

-We are rating players just as if they were in a video game with rated attributes

-Past accomplishments do not have nothing to do with current attributes

-Kobe was better in his prime

-KD may not have reached his prime

-Right now today I think KD is playing the best basketball by anybody, but still think LBJ is the best and LBJ should be ranked #2 right now

-If I were going to build a team around either Kobe or KD (assuming they are both rookies) I am choosing KD mainly because KD gets along much better with teammates and has yet to show any form of off court troubles. This of course is mostly incomplete info on KD and mostly complete info on Kobe so things could change but I am operating with the info that I have and KD has never been in any spats with any teammates through the media or been caught sleeping with a hooker who accused him of r*pe.

-Rings are given to players but are won by the Owner's and GM's who put the team together.