• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Alert Today Florida 300-Infinity Series Race

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These drivers know the risk.
they know the risk but that doesn't mean nascar shouldn't do all they can to try to reduce the risk. especially something as simple as installing safer barriers on the inside walls

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying they shouldn't fix it. I'm just saying that it's racing. There's no blame to hand out. Just fix it for the next one. It bothers me to see everyone get all up in arms and start tossing around blame when the drivers know exactly what is at stake.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 50' Gravel or sand strip before the wall instead of grass would help to
I think it was at Pocono where they paved a huge section of grass just for that reason. But gravel or sand would be better.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 50' Gravel or sand strip before the wall instead of grass would help to

Yeah, why don't ovals use sand the way road courses do? Not only is it safer, it also gives a decent chance for the driver to continue the race.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That race was one wreck after another. At the end there was like, what 19 cars on the lead lap. Amirola almost pulled off the win but ended up getting a right front flat pushing too much at the very end.

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, why don't ovals use sand the way road courses do? Not only is it safer, it also gives a decent chance for the driver to continue the race.

I'm not sure, It make more since than grass. It seems like when the cars hit the grass they speed up. I know they don't but grass doesn't slow them down like gravel or sand would. and you don't have to mow it

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SAFER barriers are still relatively new. That's the first time I remember a car hitting the wall with that much force. Let's not overreact here. Dale Sr is still the last NASCAR driver to die at a NASCAR national touring series race, so to criticize NASCAR's safety is ridiculous if you ask me. We've come a long way. It took the death of an icon to get it jump started, but if you're gonna look at how far NASCAR has come and bitch about one event of a car hitting a wall that very rarely gets hit that doesn't have a SAFER barrier, you're way off base.

Hell, let's bitch at MLB every time a foul ball hits a fan.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Busch breaks his left leg and right ankle in the crash. He's out for a while.

If anything, this should be a wake up call to Cup drivers who want to dip down in the minor leagues.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SAFER barriers are still relatively new. That's the first time I remember a car hitting the wall with that much force. Let's not overreact here. Dale Sr is still the last NASCAR driver to die at a NASCAR national touring series race, so to criticize NASCAR's safety is ridiculous if you ask me. We've come a long way. It took the death of an icon to get it jump started, but if you're gonna look at how far NASCAR has come and bitch about one event of a car hitting a wall that very rarely gets hit that doesn't have a SAFER barrier, you're way off base.

That's a stupid way to look at it. So you're just suppose to wait until someone gets hurt or dies before its ok to put barriers on all the walls even though they've known for years and years now that the barriers help? The only reason they aren't everywhere now is money. ISC and SMI have the cash, they just don't do it until something comes along and twists their arm. Like Jeff Gordon's hellacious crash at Vegas a couple of years back. This shouldn't be reactionary anymore. They're just pussyfooting around being cheap. The cost to put up the barriers at Daytona is a tad over 1% of the current budget for Daytona's renovations. Yet prior to today, they felt a shopping center in the grand stand was more important than driver safety.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

they have been wanting safer barriers on all the walls (especially the superspeedways) for years now. Denny Hamlin broke his back for the same reason Kyle Busch has broken his leg/foot. They didn't want to spend the money on it. They were betting on a car not hitting in those spots. Daytona isn't even arguing right now. They even said they should have & will be correcting the problem. This isn't a knee jerk reaction to hitting concrete walls on a superspeedway. Teams have been bitching about it for years now. It is a shame it takes an injury (or worse) for these tracks to do something. Rather see them take action themselves instead of a reaction to injured drivers.