• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 5 biggest disappoints to date

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago Bears quarter review: 5 disappointments

Of course far and away the most crucial of these has been the play of Trubisky. But the two most surprising disappointments for me have been Miller and Cohen. I expected Miller especially to take the next step on what was a pretty decent season last year, which was only marred by shoulder separation issues. Cohen didn't need so much as to take the next step than simply maintain or slightly improve on his past performances. His game has plummeted and I'm not sure why.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still feel this falls squarely on Nagy.
The offense is nearly identical to 2018's unit and underperforming. (Plus they jettisoned Jordan Howard for a "better fit" David Montgomery.)

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not letting Trubisky off the hook by any means. Trubs is too easy a target IMO.

If Nagy is billed as this offensive guru, why can't he at least design the offense to get the 26 points per game he got out of them last year? (Which should have been higher considering all of the missed field goals.)

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Nagy is billed as this offensive guru, why can't he at least design the offense to get the 26 points per game he got out of them last year? (Which should have been higher considering all of the missed field goals.)

Because Trubisky hasn't been very good? There have been atleast a dozen of wide open receivers Trubisky has missed. Nagy can't throw the ball for him.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense is nearly identical to 2018's unit and underperforming. (Plus they jettisoned Jordan Howard for a "better fit" David Montgomery.)
Not sure what Nagy is supposed to do when Trubisky hasn't shown significant growth. If you want to blame Nagy for that, fine. Fair. Just not convinced this isn't more of a QB problem than a roster/coaching problem.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what Nagy is supposed to do when Trubisky hasn't shown significant growth. If you want to blame Nagy for that, fine. Fair. Just not convinced this isn't more of a QB problem than a roster/coaching problem.

Mitch has sucked, but Nagy sucked the first two weeks too, with week 1 being an utter failure as far as coaching is concerned. Maybe that's Mitch changing the plays, but week 1 was a joke of a gameplan.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was obvious with the drafting of Trubisky, Nagy and the offensive coaches felt they just had an arm extension of themselves that they could puppet out there (especially with the technology of todays' game and headphones in helmets etc). Biscuit is VERY youthful in his behavior, I feel at this point it's coming to a detriment. Nagy probably LOVES that Biscuit will just yes sir the entire time. It's something I kind of was worried about. Bioscuit has to grow into his own rather than just be an extension of the man on the sidelines. The best ones always had a little bit of fire and "I'm gonna do this my way" in them. Biscuit had that a bit more last year early in the season. Not to a great extent, but more because he was probably too busy just playing more naturally without the huge expectations.

His play has been pretty poor since coming back from injury last year...and what was the common factor in all of those late season games? Pressure/Expectation because we were winning. I thought maybe the catalyst for him to break out would have been the drive into FG range against the Eagles at end of game (F*ck you Parkey, now and forever). Everyone that bleeds blue and orange rallied behind him because of that couple minutes of play. He was...clutch. Unfortunately, that might not be the case. He's folding more often than succeeding under the heavy weight of expectation.

The truth is...Pace and Nagy made their bed with Biscuit and now they are riding it. One could say it is the arrogance of youth even in our coaching staff...thinking they could take an arm and just robot him out there and the system/talent they've amassed would do the rest. Such a thin line between confidence and arrogance...

Granted, I already regret this post as I reread because here comes the f*cing inevitable "You're an idiot Jiddy" posts that is the life blood of this forum...but it's kind of how I've felt about it for a while now. So why the hell not...It's Friday...Out of my job...Goin' to my car...and I ain't got sh*t to do. Bring the noise haters. ;)

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think our defensive scoring jacked up that number by a good 4-5 points.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The article hits em' all.

To counter it with the biggest pleasant surprise... I will say, that Buster Skrine and Ha Ha Clinton Dix have been much better than I had expected. I'd even go as far to say, that our defense is better with them.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The article hits em' all.

To counter it with the biggest pleasant surprise... I will say, that Buster Skrine and Ha Ha Clinton Dix have been much better than I had expected. I'd even go as far to say, that our defense is better with them.
I'll also throw in just the overall depth that this defense has. I mean honestly, when we learned there would be three starters missing from the D against Minny, I thought we would still play fairly well, but nothing like they showed in that game. Relentless is the word I think that best describes our D.

PickleRick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you honestly think coaches dont try different plays? Do you honestly believe that there arent other recievers running differnt routes? Im so sick and tired of every idiot screaming that they can do better.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you honestly think coaches dont try different plays? Do you honestly believe that there arent other recievers running differnt routes?

Still doesn't explain how the offense with nearly the same exact personnel can't at least score or move the ball like it did last season?

Nagy says in his pressers it's on him. I'm agreeing with da coach.

With this group of receivers and backs, yes we should be doing better.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still doesn't explain how the offense with nearly the same exact personnel can't at least score or move the ball like it did last season?

Nagy says in his pressers it's on him. I'm agreeing with da coach.

With this group of receivers and backs, yes we should be doing better.

I think a helluva lot of it has to do with what opposing defense's are doing to Mitch and how they're scheming against him.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a great point.

Still, I was under the impression we had a magician of coach in Nagy. An Andy Reid disciple. A Hoodie-type that can overcome any defense thrown at him.

At least he has the team going through a dance off in the UK.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a great point.

Still, I was under the impression we had a magician of coach in Nagy. An Andy Reid disciple. A Hoodie-type that can overcome any defense thrown at him.

At least he has the team going through a dance off in the UK.

If your QB is so utterly overwhelmed by what defenses are doing to him and loses all concept of his ability to function within the offense. There's only so much that you can do.

No different than say... if you were managing the Detroit Tigers this past season in baseball. They just blew everything up and are in the early stages of a total overhaul/rebuild mode. On top of that, they lost their best pitcher to Tommy John in the spring. They lost 114 games with a roster they may not have even been that great if you placed it in the AAA level. Ron Gardenhire has been around for a long time. He's a proven manager. But... WTF is he supposed to do with that? Lol

Only so much you can overcome.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defenses are not keeping the Bears down, our offensive line is. Our problems are our doing. We cant block for running or long enough for wrs to get open.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill list my 5 in order.
1. Oline
2. Trubisky
3. TE play
4. Monty's speed
5. Early Nagy

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill list my 5 in order.
1. Oline
2. Trubisky
3. TE play
4. Monty's speed
5. Early Nagy

lol at Monty's speed and the importance of a TE play.

1. Idiot bear fans
2. Trubisky
3. Nagy play calling
4. Oline

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol at Monty's speed and the importance of a TE play.

1. Idiot bear fans
2. Trubisky
3. Nagy play calling
4. Oline
Oline 4???? Really? And yes TE is very important. We both have Trubisky at 2 so not everything you said is stupid.