• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 40 Year NFL Salary Cap Draft : CHAT

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny you mention Marvelous and Duran but not Hitman and Sugar...lolzzz

Maybe we could include Welter...
I'd take the former lol. I was a big Ray Leonard fan, but anyone who thought he actually won the Hagler fight is either blind or crooked as the judges were lol. That was one of the worst decisions ever. We know what Hagler did to the Hitman. If we are talking lightweight, Duran got my vote, though Sugar, Hitman and Duran all fought in multiple weight divisions.
Most memorable foght I saw as a youth was the Mancini-Kim. fight. I was a total geek for Boom Boom, a real life Rocky, gutty as Hell fighter. I remember yelling for him in the Kim fight, and then the disbelief when he didn't get up. Boxers, MMA, football, those guys deserve every cent they make, they are paying a high cost long term, and ricking it all every time they lace them up

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, should we start the playoffs today or wait til tomorrow?

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way boss man. I'd like to set the Hoops rules asap so I can do a little research on my day off though

I thought hoop rules were set, old school ball, 2 players from each of the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, 00's and each player plays 24 minutes.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought hoop rules were set, old school ball, 2 players from each of the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, 00's and each player plays 24 minutes.
What do you mean "old school ball"? Like... no 3 point line or shot clock?

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe I will wait until tomorrow morning to post the next round as half the league wasn't around to vote in the playin games.

Congrats UK and Shane.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PLAYOFFS

UK vs 500
Nos vs Milk
Winners face in Quarterfinals

Shane vs WLK
Sushi vs Mebert
Winners face in Quarterfinals

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I played the greatest front 9 of my life on Sunday. Hit in an Eagle from 65 yards, hit the flag on another 35 yard.....that one was blind luck though, hit with the edge for my wedge so 0 loft. When it was all said and done I was 5 over, and I am usually closer to 3 digits than not when I golf, so it was awesome.

I fell apart on the back nine though, the group in front of me made the round go 6 hours(no marshal), and the group behind us hit into us 4 times because they got impatient. It got in my head and I fell a part. I left that round of golf not sure that the game is for me, best round of my life and I leave upset because of other peoples influence. You have almost no control in that regard and it is frustrating.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I played the greatest front 9 of my life on Sunday. Hit in an Eagle from 65 yards, hit the flag on another 35 yard.....that one was blind luck though, hit with the edge for my wedge so 0 loft. When it was all said and done I was 5 over, and I am usually closer to 3 digits than not when I golf, so it was awesome.

I fell apart on the back nine though, the group in front of me made the round go 6 hours(no marshal), and the group behind us hit into us 4 times because they got impatient. It got in my head and I fell a part. I left that round of golf not sure that the game is for me, best round of my life and I leave upset because of other peoples influence. You have almost no control in that regard and it is frustrating.

You sound a lot like me. I am not very consistent. I have been playing since I was about 8 or so, so almost 20 years but I can put together a really good 9 holes, 4 or 5 over but I have too many blowups on holes as in double or triple bogeys. I usually shoot in the mid to high 80's even if my swing is screwed up. Right now my swing is just not right, my driving isn't very good and I keep pushing my irons right or left. Like you said it is frustrating, I think my best round ever was like an 82. I have never taken lessons basically learned from my dad and just went from there.

The MOST FRUSTRATING sport ever is golf.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sound a lot like me. I am not very consistent. I have been playing since I was about 8 or so, so almost 20 years but I can put together a really good 9 holes, 4 or 5 over but I have too many blowups on holes as in double or triple bogeys. I usually shoot in the mid to high 80's even if my swing is screwed up. Right now my swing is just not right, my driving isn't very good and I keep pushing my irons right or left. Like you said it is frustrating, I think my best round ever was like an 82. I have never taken lessons basically learned from my dad and just went from there.

The MOST FRUSTRATING sport ever is golf.

I think if I start going to a nicer course that has a marshal and enforces etiquette I might have a better time. I had lessons when I was a kid, but I stopped at 12 or so and just started again last year(31), so I have been getting the game back. A lot of my mechanics are good because of the lessons, I just need to do it consistently.

I had a very bad slice that I have started to correct just recently, but my irons game is broken. I need to figure something out there. I have to hit a 5 iron where my buddy will use a 7. I just don't get distance for some reason. I imagine it has something to do with how I have the club face, but I don't think it is too open, I get decent loft, just no distance.

Right now my drive is decent, and my mid distance approach is the best part of my game. I am terrible at chipping and putting though. If I became average at the short game I would probably be in the high 80's range.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if I start going to a nicer course that has a marshal and enforces etiquette I might have a better time. I had lessons when I was a kid, but I stopped at 12 or so and just started again last year(31), so I have been getting the game back. A lot of my mechanics are good because of the lessons, I just need to do it consistently.

I had a very bad slice that I have started to correct just recently, but my irons game is broken. I need to figure something out there. I have to hit a 5 iron where my buddy will use a 7. I just don't get distance for some reason. I imagine it has something to do with how I have the club face, but I don't think it is too open, I get decent loft, just no distance.

Right now my drive is decent, and my mid distance approach is the best part of my game. I am terrible at chipping and putting though. If I became average at the short game I would probably be in the high 80's range.

Yeah sometimes my irons can be great and I have increased distance over the years but I swing kinda hard. I actually used to swing harder (driving) when I was playing a lot because I got used to it and was hitting the ball straight. It does make a difference but there is no point if you can't hit them good swinging hard.

As far as your distance maybe you just aren't hitting it on the sweet spot. I like an iron face that is bigger, unlike older clubs where it is harder to hit it on the sweet spot. I can hit my 5 iron around 200 yards and if my driving is bad that day I will hit my 5 iron on the shorter holes bc I like hitting it so much lol.

All I can say is keep practicing different things and read tips online. The thing about my swing that probably hurts my consistency is I use a baseball grip instead of an interlocking or overlapping grip and I have tried those grips over the years but it just doesn't suit me.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golf is so terribly frustrating. I've been trying to pick up the game recently, after not having really played since middle school age. I started by going back to the driving range. Just as I was starting to get some consistency, I went and took some golf lessons, and my swing went to shit. It's basically the equivalent to learning to shoot a basketball with terrible form, that somehow goes in, but then having your shot corrected to the proper technique and not being able to throw it in the ocean.

Just trying to carve out some time now to try and make more opportunity to get on the course/range. I'd be really lucky if I could probably crack 110. Course Marshall would probably just follow me the entire time.

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Go hybrids instead of long irons of you don't already. Changed my game immensely

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go hybrids instead of long irons of you don't already. Changed my game immensely

THIS.

I don't even carry a 3 or a 4 iron. I use hybrids which are way easier to hit.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When you get a 5 iron the irons are much harder to hit. With the set I got (Callaways) I have a 3 and 4 hybrid. I used to love hitting them but have been sucking lately. I use my 5 iron more than any club.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you get a 5 iron the irons are much harder to hit. With the set I got (Callaways) I have a 3 and 4 hybrid. I used to love hitting them but have been sucking lately. I use my 5 iron more than any club.

Hey, look at the bright side, at least you don't use your putter more than any club!