• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Equating Ham with Spo might be your weakest take yet, but I'll leave that part alone. You want the Lakers to tread water for the next few years with Ham while Lebron ages out and/or walks?

Ham's performance this year was on par with Monte Williams'. Starting the wrong guys, playing the wrong guys big minutes, etc. One big difference; the Lakers had a better roster and the Pistons had a reason to lose.

Yeah, if you think that's what I did you need to go back and re-read. Then keep re-reading until you actually grasp the point.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A big part of the issue is the thought that they have to make a “splash” with the hire. Real basketball people are confident in what they know and the decisions they make.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A big part of the issue is the thought that they have to make a “splash” with the hire. Real basketball people are confident in what they know and the decisions they make.

There aren't any real basketball people in the Lakers front office IMO. There are Buss kids that were around real basketball minds and picked up a few things, but not enough.

That said, who says they're aiming for a big splash? Was Ham a big splash? They've done nothing yet other than clear the deck. All rumors thus far about candidates are just that, rumors. A wide net will be cast reportedly.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fify

And lol @every commentator has an ulterior reason.

Couldn't possibly be that they have a good reason.

So you value Perkins' and Barkley's opinions on the Lakers lol? A broken clock is right more often. Wilbon is close with Ham, so his favoritism is evident.

I'd rather disagree with all of them than disagree with everyone who follows the Lakers closely day to day.

You can't claim the Lakers have hired nothing but trash candidates since Phil then say they should keep Ham. Regardless, it doesn't matter.....he gone. He's free to play pocket pool in the comfort of his own home with no pressure whatsoever.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if you think that's what I did you need to go back and re-read. Then keep re-reading until you actually grasp the point.

Personal attacks, the sure sign of a losing argument. That, and current events of course.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you value Perkins' and Barkley's opinions on the Lakers lol? A broken clock is right more often. Wilbon is close with Ham, so his favoritism is evident.

I'd rather disagree with all of them than disagree with everyone who follows the Lakers closely day to day.

You can't claim the Lakers have hired nothing but trash candidates since Phil then say they should keep Ham. Regardless, it doesn't matter.....he gone. He's free to play pocket pool in the comfort of his own home with no pressure whatsoever.

yeah, because it's only them.lol

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will go ahead and solve this for you Laker fans since it seems no one can. You couldn’t do better than Terry Stotts.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must be too many disagreeing with you then.

I noted the ones I've seen referenced. There's nothing to dig for, I understand why Ham is gone. Whether or not people disagree with it or not, he's unemployed.