• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't get to reportedly stop listening to your coach and then blame him when you fail.

That's called losing the locker room, not exactly a trait that keeps you in your job. Neither does making your 2nd or 3rd string forward a starter for the majority of the season and leaving him there despite any struggles, while benching other real starters for their struggles. Throwing your players under the bus publicly is also not a trait that endears one to the front office or roster.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree to a point.

The Heat obviously felt that they saw something in Spo and they were obviously right.

But early on, when he was learning and players, fans and media were calling for his head...if the Heat don't support him, he may not get a chance to show he's special.

Generally speaking, when it's time to move on, it's better to do it sooner rather than later.

This is now 6 coaches in a row that they've had to move on quickly from.

The Lakers never backed any of them when the criticism started.

By backing them publicly, you quiet everything down. If you still need to move on...fine. At least you're moving on having given them a fair chance.

Also, as I've pointed out, when you handle things the way the Lakers have, coaches with choices, aren't likely to choose you.

They've made poor hires at HC. What else to you expect from Jeanie/Pelinka? The only good HC hire she's been part of was the guy she was sleeping with. Leave it to her and we might have Bob Sugar as the next Lakers coach.

That doesn't mean you stick with one that isn't working out when your star player only has a few years left.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can play for me any day. I have zero fucks to give about how he treats a reporter. He brings a toughness and an attitude. If my Sixers had that toughness and attitude they’d be preparing to play the Pacers.

If the Sixers had Pat Bev on the floor, nothing would've changed IMO.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Sixers had Pat Bev on the floor, nothing would've changed IMO.
I’m not guaranteeing a different result but Bev brings a toughness and a spirit to every team he plays on. The Knicks had that and the Sixers lack that.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers fans don’t shoot the messenger, listening to nba radio and they just said Austin Reaves hunted more on defense than Bambi and all her ancestors.

It's true of course. He was better last year, and he did improve somewhat over the course of the season, but he is definitely hunted on defense.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not guaranteeing a different result but Bev brings a toughness and a spirit to every team he plays on. The Knicks had that and the Sixers lack that.

The Knicks had that with guys that can still play though, and it comes down from the coach as well.

I would take Josh Hart back on the Lakers in a heartbeat. A lot of Lakers fans are enamored with Reaves, but I would swap them tomorrow. Doesn't matter, as I assume Reaves is going to be packaged this summer with Rui and whatever else is needed for someone like Trae.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Knicks had that with guys that can still play though, and it comes down from the coach as well.

I would take Josh Hart back on the Lakers in a heartbeat. A lot of Lakers fans are enamored with Reaves, but I would swap them tomorrow. Doesn't matter, as I assume Reaves is going to be packaged this summer with Rui and whatever else is needed for someone like Trae.
Neat.

I don’t give a fuck about the Lakers or Reaves or Rui or Trae though.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can play for me any day. I have zero fucks to give about how he treats a reporter. He brings a toughness and an attitude. If my Sixers had that toughness and attitude they’d be preparing to play the Pacers.

How do you feel about a guy harassing a security guard?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neat.

I don’t give a fuck about the Lakers or Reaves or Rui or Trae though.

You should be inserting yourselves into that trae deal to get reaves

Just saying…

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's called losing the locker room, not exactly a trait that keeps you in your job. Neither does making your 2nd or 3rd string forward a starter for the majority of the season and leaving him there despite any struggles, while benching other real starters for their struggles. Throwing your players under the bus publicly is also not a trait that endears one to the front office or roster.

Yeah, just act like the organization had nothing to do with it and that Ham wasn't getting thrown under the bus.

Pretty much every commentator out there has been skulldragging the Lakers over this.

It'll be their 7th attempt since Phil...maybe they'll get it right this time? lol

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've made poor hires at HC. What else to you expect from Jeanie/Pelinka? The only good HC hire she's been part of was the guy she was sleeping with. Leave it to her and we might have Bob Sugar as the next Lakers coach.

That doesn't mean you stick with one that isn't working out when your star player only has a few years left.

Or, maybe you stick with a choice for more than 2 years rather than moving on because your star and fanbase would rather blame the coach.

You know, like the Heat did.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, just act like the organization had nothing to do with it and that Ham wasn't getting thrown under the bus.

Pretty much every commentator out there has been skulldragging the Lakers over this.

It'll be their 7th attempt since Phil...maybe they'll get it right this time? lol
You get it, coaches can only do so much. There is a reason Phil chased talent. A coach can only help to the degree they are listened to and when veteran players are involved that is based on respect. There are so many great coaches out there that we have never heard of. The Thunder raised their own in the G league.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's everyone's fault to some degree. Ownership isn't going anywhere. Pelinka likely isn't going anywhere. Lebron and AD aren't going anywhere (hopefully). Can't fire away injuries. The guy managing the team day to day? Expendable and shares a good portion of the blame.

Every commentator has an ulterior reason. Wilbon has been a friend of Ham's for over 30 years for example. Barkley and Perkins have an endless flow of stupid takes, no reason to stop now. Plus, they aren't invested in the Lakers game to game issues; they're entertainers watching a whole league's worth of games.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or, maybe you stick with a choice for more than 2 years rather than moving on because your star and fanbase would rather blame the coach.

You know, like the Heat did.

Equating Ham with Spo might be your weakest take yet, but I'll leave that part alone. You want the Lakers to tread water for the next few years with Ham while Lebron ages out and/or walks?

Ham's performance this year was on par with Monte Williams'. Starting the wrong guys, playing the wrong guys big minutes, etc. One big difference; the Lakers had a better roster and the Pistons had a reason to lose.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's everyone's fault to some degree. Ownership isn't going anywhere. Pelinka likely isn't going anywhere. Lebron and AD aren't going anywhere (hopefully). Can't fire away injuries. The guy managing the team day to day? Expendable and shares a good portion of the blame.

Every commentator has an ulterior reason. Wilbon has been a friend of Ham's for over 30 years for example. Barkley and Perkins have an endless flow of stupid takes, no reason to stop now. Plus, they aren't invested in the Lakers game to game issues; they're entertainers watching a whole league's worth of games.

I said in the fall that lakers offseason was overrated

Ham may not be a good hc

But he’s at best third behind pelinka and ownership as problems go

And probably fourth behind the roster construction itself

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said in the fall that lakers offseason was overrated

Ham may not be a good hc

But he’s at best third behind pelinka and ownership as problems go

And probably fourth behind the roster construction itself

I'd be happy to part with ownership, but we know that ain't happening. Pelinka is welcome to hit the bricks as well. His one big move was to correct a huge mistake. This team needs a PBO so badly...please Mr. Myers?