• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit! I don’t know how this disparity can be explained away. This is ridiculous.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@tlance

Since I posted here on the NBA forum please tell me again what I was wrong about.

I posted almost to the exact day fizdale was to be fired

I posted about load mgmt and how it will eventually mess up the chemistry of the elite teams and it’s players

I posted that the star players have too much say and that coaches should take back control

I posted teams that play defense and that were not as offensively gifted could go on a good run

Now , admittedly I don’t watch enough of the rest of the NBA , but what I have posted about is mostly related to the New York Knicks. A team you said every year had a challenged roster and could never compete for a championship.

So who is wrong here?

You were wrong about blaming Fizdale for the Knicks problems with a challenged roster.

You aren’t wrong that team dynamics don’t work when star players have more authority than the coach, but it is the reality of the NBA today. It isn’t nearly as simple as “taking back control”.

And I would also argue that while the Knicks aren’t good enough to actually win the title this year, I wouldn’t call them a challenged roster.

Look at the players on the court. Literally none of them were playing for the Knicks when we had these discussions.

Brunson is better than anyone could have imagined him being, and they acquired those Villanova guys along with OG who are absolute dogs that any team would want to be high level support players.

Sticking to the very basic concepts behind some of your posts it isn’t wrong. Looking at the details and nuances in between you were wrong on many levels.

And let’s not forget you have called for Thibs to be fired at least 2 dozen times also.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit! I don’t know how this disparity can be explained away. This is ridiculous.

The two biggest markets get the most foul calls to cause more wins which causes more fans to spend more money. All about money.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So... Lakers down 0-2, Sixers down 0-2, Suns down 0-2

Who stands the best chance to win the series out of those three?

Hint: not the Lakers

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two biggest markets get the most foul calls to cause more wins which causes more fans to spend more money. All about money.
I can see questioning LA.....but how do you account for Orlando and Milwaukee 3 and 4 with Orlando barely behind NY (with playoffs included guessing in roughly 10-15 less games)?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see questioning LA.....but how do you account for Orlando and Milwaukee 3 and 4 with Orlando barely behind NY (with playoffs included guessing in roughly 10-15 less.
How much do you want them to fuck around? I bet the magic play a style that gets to the rim.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So... Lakers down 0-2, Sixers down 0-2, Suns down 0-2

Who stands the best chance to win the series out of those three?

Hint: not the Lakers
Sixers, but they'll get at least a game 7 out of lebron. And at that point why not put him in the 2nd round?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much do you want them to fuck around? I bet the magic play a style that gets to the rim.
OK maybe NY does, too? LA with Lebron and AD likely does, as well...but that discrepancy can be questioned.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This dude better not give up the top analyst job for the fucking Hornets. If he wants to be HC, at least wait for some other franchise that's not a complete joke
If he thinks he is meant to coach he will have to give it a try. He would still be in demand as an analyst. Do what makes you happy.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers, but they'll get at least a game 7 out of lebron. And at that point why not put him in the 2nd round?

You mean like they did last year? You don't think they'd have wanted the Lakers in over the Nuggets?

And if it's about making sure the Lakers advance, why did the league allow them to lose that last game?

Why did the league allow the Nuggets to shoot more free throws than the Lakers? 3 more made free throws and the Lakers win without a big free throw advantage. Seems like the league missed a great opportunity.

It takes a special kind of smooth brain to believe conspiracy theories.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he thinks he is meant to coach he will have to give it a try. He would still be in demand as an analyst. Do what makes you happy.

But the way these top analysts jobs work, its only a matter of time before teams start come calling for jobs. You see it in the NBA and the NFL, when a job comes open teams will start inquiring about whoever is considered to be the top people on TV even if they've never had any kind of coaching experience. That's why I think he should wait. If he really wants to be a coach, there will be better franchises than the Hornets inquiring about him a year or two from now

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean like they did last year? You don't think they'd have wanted the Lakers in over the Nuggets?

And if it's about making sure the Lakers advance, why did the league allow them to lose that last game?

Why did the league allow the Nuggets to shoot more free throws than the Lakers? 3 more made free throws and the Lakers win without a big free throw advantage. Seems like the league missed a great opportunity.

It takes a special kind of smooth brain to believe conspiracy theories.
If the league really is trying to fix games, the lottery, etc they are not very good at it.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This dude better not give up the top analyst job for the fucking Hornets. If he wants to be HC, at least wait for some other franchise that's not a complete joke
Hornets are a horrible destination job. They’re the perfect first job. There’s no media and no expectations. You get to go figure it out in a vacuum where no one gives a fuck.