• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a benevolent multiverse governed by a just God, Jayson #GOATum win the the MVP every year for the next dozen years.

• Haha
Reactions: DJ

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn’t happen that often at all. There are never any more than 2-3 players each season who are legit candidates for MVP based on play on the court. It’s uncommon for that player to not win because of injuries and games missed.

You trying to give an asterisk to Jokic looks like sour grapes and an attempt to diminish his accomplishment.

When the reality is that Embiid’s 2023 MVP win had him missing significantly more games than any other MVP in the last 45 years.

And you want to make it sound like he was somehow more deserving than Jokic the years Joker won?

Please.

It is a 1A and 1B type situation anyway. Neither was ever very far ahead of the other. Missed games going to be the deciding factor when it is close as it has been throughout league history.

Embiid hasn’t even played half the games this year. With or without the 65 game rule he isn’t a factor in the debate this year.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You trying to give an asterisk to Jokic looks like sour grapes and an attempt to diminish his accomplishment.

When the reality is that Embiid’s 2023 MVP win had him missing significantly more games than any other MVP in the last 45 years.

And you want to make it sound like he was somehow more deserving than Jokic the years Joker won?

Please.

It is a 1A and 1B type situation anyway. Neither was ever very far ahead of the other. Missed games going to be the deciding factor when it is close as it has been throughout league history.

Embiid hasn’t even played half the games this year. With or without the 65 game rule he isn’t a factor in the debate this year.
Because of injury. Jokic is a great player. It’s no shame being a player less than the best big in the game.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of injury. Jokic is a great player. It’s no shame being a player less than the best big in the game.

Wrong.

It is a coin flip between the 2.

Reason Joker going to be up 3-1 in MVP count is because Embiid can’t stay on the court.

And the reason why Joker is going to be remembered in history as the best big man of the era is because his ability to stay on the court has allowed him to stack accolades and win a title.

Embiid’s resume is lagging almost impossibly behind at this point.

And correctly so.

No asterisk required.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The entire crux of this conversation is him trying to say Doncic has Kyrie and Jokic doesn't have anyone similar. Which is what led us here.

That's a laughably bad take in an effort to score points in an MVP debate.

Murray has clearly had as much impact on success as Kyrie in the last five years.

I don't watch the Nugs a lot, but I've watched them beat the Lakers 4 straight in last seasons WCF and 3 times this season. Imo, in just about every one of those games, the difference has been Murray. He's the one guy that they have not been able to hold down.

Even in games where his numbers have been relatively pedestrian, he's the one that seems to hit the big shots when they need them.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't watch the Nugs a lot, but I've watched them beat the Lakers 4 straight in last seasons WCF and 3 times this season. Imo, in just about every one of those games, the difference has been Murray. He's the one guy that they have not been able to hold down.

Even in games where his numbers have been relatively pedestrian, he's the one that seems to hit the big shots when they need them.
Same in the heat series but nah he ain’t good

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Absolutely

So to say Doncic has a substantially better supporting cast is hilarious.

Jokic is a phenomenal player. But as of today im going with SGA or Luka for my vote.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll believe it when I see it but radio is saying Embiid back tomorrow night.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All you’re doing is agreeing with me

No I’m not.

You taking 1 part of my quote out of context.

Embiid is not the superior player you make him out to be.

It is very debatebale who is better overall.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I’m not.

You taking 1 part of my quote out of context.

Embiid is not the superior player you make him out to be.

It is very debatebale who is better overall.
If someone maintains that opinion that means they don’t respect two way play. That’s their right but I disagree.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone maintains that opinion that means they don’t respect two way play. That’s their right but I disagree.

You had a leg to stand on before Denver won a title last season.

You don’t anymore.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You had a leg to stand on before Denver won a title last season.

You don’t anymore.
So Jamal Murray wins this argument? That makes sense. I get why you totally ignored my point. You like to maintain that you value two way play but when the rubber meets the road the truth comes out.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat and Sixers are likely locked into 7-8 game. Only thing to determine is who gets the home game.
Not really. Heat can pass Orlando or Indiana if they go on an epic 6-2 run to end the year but the schedule this week suggests that’s unlikely to happen lol

Knicks
Sixers with Embiid
Rockets
Pacers

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Jamal Murray wins this argument? That makes sense. I get why you totally ignored my point. You like to maintain that you value two way play but when the rubber meets the road the truth comes out.

I do absolutely value 2 way play.

We have been down this road many times.

What you fail to acknowledge is that as good as Embiid is offensively, Jokic is better.

And it is impossible to quantify just how much each players advantages over the other impact their teams and winning games.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely

So to say Doncic has a substantially better supporting cast is hilarious.

Jokic is a phenomenal player. But as of today im going with SGA or Luka for my vote.
They upgraded cast around him but it's still not on par with Denver's supporting cast.

Luka has been playing out of his mind. I think Luka deserves strong consideration for it.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do absolutely value 2 way play.

We have been down this road many times.

What you fail to acknowledge is that as good as Embiid is offensively, Jokic is better.
And the gap between Joker and Embiid as defensive players both as individuals and in the context of the role they play in a team defensive framework is a vast vast gap. The gap between Jokic and Embiid offensively is miniscule. They dominate offensively in different ways.
And it is impossible to quantify just how much each players advantages over the other impact their teams and winning games.
Is it though? This is the benefit of seeing what happens when Embiid misses games. The Sixers have played .765 ball with Embiid this year and .341 ball without Embiid.