• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell, Ingram and Randle (3x) have all been all-stars, as well as Garland (would've been the #4 pick had LA kept the pick). Dyson Daniels is also part of that trade, as is one more 1st rounder TBD (this summer or next). Lonzo was derailed by injury of course. KCP was on those pre AD teams, as was Josh Hart, Kyle Kuzma, Ivica Zubac, Alex Caruso, Jordan Clarkson, Gary Payton II, and Larry Nance Jr. Let's not pretend the roster was not loaded with young talent.
Wasn’t seen as enough to build around. Jdub and Holmgren are those guys though.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell, Ingram and Randle (3x) have all been all-stars, as well as Garland (would've been the #4 pick had LA kept the pick). Dyson Daniels is also part of that trade, as is one more 1st rounder TBD (this summer or next). Lonzo was derailed by injury of course. KCP was on those pre AD teams, as was Josh Hart, Kyle Kuzma, Ivica Zubac, Alex Caruso, Jordan Clarkson, Gary Payton II, and Larry Nance Jr. Let's not pretend the roster was not loaded with young talent.
People tend to forget about all that young talent.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possible I guess, but a redraft right now would have Jdub top 3 with Banchero and Chet. I’m pretty confident in that and it was less than 2 years ago.
I would take him over Keegan.

1. Paolo
2. Chet
3. JDub
4. Murray
5. Kessler

I might even have Kessler at 4. Murray is actually on a good team

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn’t seen as enough to build around. Jdub and Holmgren are those guys though.

Depends on what you mean by build around.

In the traditional sense of building around a star/stars...the Thunder have that in Shai and might in Holmgren (early returns are favorable). None of those Lakers kids were that guy.

But, had they stayed together, that would have been a real good group to add a "build around guy" to.

Reactions: DJ

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Animated GIF

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on what you mean by build around.

In the traditional sense of building around a star/stars...the Thunder have that in Shai and might in Holmgren (early returns are favorable). None of those Lakers kids were that guy.

But, had they stayed together, that would have been a real good group to add a "build around guy" to.
People eventually will see that Jdub is the guy. I started wondering mid season last year if he had a higher upside than Shai. I think it’s possible that he does. I don’t expect others to see it that haven’t seen much of him though. They will, or maybe I’m wrong.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Cavs will resign him at this point. Elite defender and his shot has vastly improved over the last couple years

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People eventually will see that Jdub is the guy. I started wondering mid season last year if he had a higher upside than Shai. I think it’s possible that he does. I don’t expect others to see it that haven’t seen much of him though. They will, or maybe I’m wrong.

There's a potential (good) problem in that. There's a solid chance they'll have some tough decisions to make as far as keeping them.

It's difficult to have 3 max level guys (and that's potentially what they have) and have quality depth.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be honest with yourself about if the Lakers had this Thunder team. It’s a pipe dream yes but it would be the 2nd coming of Showtime and you know it. It would be 24/7.
Like many of us you overdo it sometimes but this is spot on I think.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers were rife with talented youngsters and essentially traded them all for AD and room for Lebron. They usually have 1-2 true superstars on the roster, that's what makes them the Lakers.
I mean, Ingram is really good but who are the others who match up with Shai, Chet and Jalen Williams? Even Giddey.

OK...I guess maybe Lonzo without the injury luck.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a potential (good) problem in that. There's a solid chance they'll have some tough decisions to make as far as keeping them.

It's difficult to have 3 max level guys (and that's potentially what they have) and have quality depth.
Oh definitely, I think it’s already a given that all 3 are going to be max players. That is part of the reason I think Giddey is going to be moved, to help with that situation. I’m just not sure if it happens this year or not.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Cavs will resign him at this point. Elite defender and his shot has vastly improved over the last couple years

Doubt the GM said anything that would make anyone think he's being moved.

Doesn't mean he wont be but I agree with you they keep him at this point....especially if he does not go looking for top dollar and just signs a reasonable offer.

FWIW his teammates seem to love the kid and appreciate the value he brings.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, Ingram is really good but who are the others who match up with Shai, Chet and Jalen Williams? Even Giddey.

OK...I guess maybe Lonzo without the injury luck.
Yeah Im not putting Giddey in that crowd. He makes some head turning plays, no question, but his shooting is always going to be suspect. What he can do though is handle the ball and pass. And to be so young he is pretty damn good at using his size to flat out take advantage of smaller guards around the basket. Someone that needs a true point guard would be well served to do what it takes to get him. And I hope it takes a lot lol.