• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#fireMonty

I don’t care that he has 6 more years paid for. Gore has the money and he hired him against his GMs plans.

He’s coaching like he wants to get Weaver fired (not that that is necessarily a bad idea, but you can’t tell how Troy has done if you won’t play his picks).

Or you can trade him

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see it that way at all actually. It's supposed to be a free flowing game. College is now at nearly 40 percent of its shots being 3s (NBA is about 33 percent) but the major difference is the ability to make them (a 4 percent delta now) and the amount of possessions each team has. The pace from which college plays (yes the shot clock is longer obviously) is dramatically different.

It leads to a lot of clunky possessions where the offense holds the ball and then takes a low percentage 3 with the clock running down. And we call that defense.
You can articulate anyway you want..

If you took a nation wide poll , most would say College ball is more exciting than NBA ball. I bet the house on it

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you took a nation wide poll , most would say College ball is more exciting than NBA ball. I bet the house on it

The NBA regular season gets far more viewers than college hoops regular season does

The tournament does very well in that first weekend and for the final four.

The frenzied action of the tournament is what draws eyeballs more so than the actual product.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You should look some info up and post it in here.

Look up how many people watch the NBA compared to CBB.

I'm talking regular season only.

Because March Madness is one of the most watched events year in and year out.

Doubt CBB gets the same number of viewers during the regular season and the tourney.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Go ahead and start the poll.

It isn’t going to say what you want it too.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody else dog shit at doing these draft king lineups? Nope, just me? Yeah thought so.

I've been horrible at hoops this year.

To be fair I'm not studying much and I need to but players have been very inconsistent.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wrong...

March Madness is exciting because of the 1 loss and you're out set up and the fact that it's a bunch of 18-20 year olds, most of whom won't be in the NBA. Because of that, you get serious scares thrown into top teams and some pretty wild upsets.

However, NBA closeout games, especially game 7's tend to be just as exciting and it's with players who are the best in the world.

College regular season games generally aren't as exciting as most NBA regular season games because the level of play isn't as high and there are more blowouts because you might have a team with 3 or 4 future NBA players playing a team with a bunch of future accountants.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People can afford to go to college ball games! Most have to mortgage their homes to go to an NBA game

Depends on who is playin and what city they are in to get viewers in post season play

Without looking it up March madness ncaa Nat champ is probably 2nd to the most viewed , The superbowl.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People can afford to go to college ball games! Most have to mortgage their homes to go to an NBA game

Depends on who is playin and what city they are in to get viewers in post season play

Without looking it up March madness ncaa Nat champ is probably 2nd to the most viewed , The superbowl.
Do you have a cousin named Goatum?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow are you stupid. Stop talking only about March Madness. What about the rest of the CBB season compared to the NBA?

Yer even funnier right now because I'm baked.

Happy fried day! Yer one helluva character.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow are you stupid. Stop talking only about March Madness. What about the rest of the CBB season compared to the NBA?

Yer even funnier right now because I'm baked.

Happy fried day! Yer one helluva character.
What about load mgmt?????

Pay a thousand dollars for a family of 5 to find out when you’re seated that your star player has decided he doesn’t want to play

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
per

not the point here ..

They watch college ball because the kids play the game the way it’s supposed to be played . Not because they are pro level talented.

The coach still has the reigns , and the kids play with all heart .

That’s what fans want to see imo.
Except 10x more fans watch the NBA than college

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about load mgmt?????

Pay a thousand dollars for a family of 5 to find out when you’re seated that your star player has decided he doesn’t want to play

Now what does load management have to do with the number of people that watch the NBA compared to CBB?

If you respond I expect your response to be something like this.

jim-carrey-liar-liar.gif

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now what does load management have to do with the number of people that watch the NBA compared to CBB?

If you respond I expect your response to be something like this.

View attachment 347553

That dude definitely had a favorite flavor of paste in elementary school.