• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In before @The Q blames the Sixers

if he misses next year I will finally believe him to a degree

What really makes me question this is we have 3 consecutive offseasons heard from him that "he's back feels great ready to go" and then a week into the season he tweaks something.

Someone sprains an ankle...you stay off it...it heals..get better. Your back...it doesn't just get better than worse then better then worse then better. It's either fucked or it isn't. And at no point are you "feeling great" and then a week later oh man it's broken again.

It doesn't make sense because he "ramps up" his back just gives out every time. It just smacks of bullshit.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, I'd do it even if it meant stepping Monty down to assistant or put him on leave. Anything to get a change from Ham. Hell, hire Rondo.

you guys are welcome to him for free

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,891.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys are welcome to him for free
A lot of teams would jump at that. He did a good job with NO and Phoenix. Difficult to believe he suddenly forgot how to coach.

Not defending him in Detroit. Just saying.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All signs point to the lakers needing 2 wins to make it in the real thing and good chance that will be 2 road wins needed as well

All signs? What were the signs after the 1st quarter?

All signs point to Darvin Ham somehow mucking up any good wins the Lakers might achieve. I almost threw my phone when he substituted Prince in for AD. Ham is like an automatic governor, keeps the Lakers from improving too far past .500.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,891.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All signs point to Darvin Ham somehow mucking up any good wins the Lakers might achieve. I almost threw my phone when he substituted Prince in for AD. Ham is like an automatic governor, keeps the Lakers from improving too far past .500.
Yeah.

He is very frustrating.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of teams would jump at that. He did a good job with NO and Phoenix. Difficult to believe he suddenly forgot how to coach.

Not defending him in Detroit. Just saying.

for one year?

sure

for that contract? nah

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trayce Jackson-Davis was an animal today, 19 minutes 15 points 7 boards and blocked Giannis 4 times for +20

Lakers passed on Podz, Jaquez, Whitmore, and TJD to take a PG that's probably 2 years away from contributing. WTF were they thinking? Typically their draft scouting has been about the only strong suit of the Lakers FO the last decade or so, but that was a bad miss

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers passed on Podz, Jaquez, Whitmore, and TJD to take a PG that's probably 2 years away from contributing. WTF were they thinking? Typically their draft scouting has been about the only strong suit of the Lakers FO the last decade or so, but that was a bad miss
Everyone has those (cough Wiseman cough cough), it's a crapshoot usually

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That Kings game was yet another Ham masterclass. Starters cooking, up 19 at one point. Let's bench everybody, play 3 and 4 guard line ups, watch something like a 30 point swing take place and not call time outs. You'll see analysts all day today talk about how soft AD is or how Lebron is old or whatever. That's nothing but lazy analysis. Watch any Lakers game this season and its clear the problem is Darvin Ham. A halfway competent coach has this exact same roster in the 3 to 6 range. Instead, we're fighting for our lives to be 9th and 10th

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They weren't looking for a first year contributing player. Christie has to fight for any minutes he might get. Ham would've just played Prince and/or Cam over any of those other guys anyway.

JHS has been balling in South Bay, for whatever that may be worth. Signs of life, at least...

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They weren't looking for a first year contributing player. Christie has to fight for any minutes he might get. Ham would've just played Prince and/or Cam over any of those other guys anyway.

JHS has been balling in South Bay, for whatever that may be worth. Signs of life, at least...

That's the problem though. With Lebron, you need players contributing right now. You had at least 2 (Podz and Jaquez) that were ready to go right now. They overthought it

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Kings game was yet another Ham masterclass. Starters cooking, up 19 at one point. Let's bench everybody, play 3 and 4 guard line ups, watch something like a 30 point swing take place and not call time outs. You'll see analysts all day today talk about how soft AD is or how Lebron is old or whatever. That's nothing but lazy analysis. Watch any Lakers game this season and its clear the problem is Darvin Ham. A halfway competent coach has this exact same roster in the 3 to 6 range. Instead, we're fighting for our lives to be 9th and 10th

Hard to blame AD when the Kings were scoring on jumpers and fast break opportunities, although he did miss a lot of short shot opportunities that could've helped quite a bit.

It wasn't even Ham that showed emotion and got ejected last night, it was Phil Handy. Dump Ham, promote Handy to interim and hire Rondo as an assistant. That stupid glazed look on Ham's face with his hands shoved deep into his pockets is just infuriating.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the problem though. With Lebron, you need players contributing right now. You had at least 2 (Podz and Jaquez) that were ready to go right now. They overthought it

In terms of just adding talent, sure. Where does Jaquez or Whitmore fit in the rotation? They already had Rui, Lebron, and Vanderbilt at forward for the majority of the minutes (and added Ham's personal favorite Prince to take more than his share of minutes). With Vando out injured there are minutes available, but that clearly wasn't the plan.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he misses next year I will finally believe him to a degree

What really makes me question this is we have 3 consecutive offseasons heard from him that "he's back feels great ready to go" and then a week into the season he tweaks something.

Someone sprains an ankle...you stay off it...it heals..get better. Your back...it doesn't just get better than worse then better then worse then better. It's either fucked or it isn't. And at no point are you "feeling great" and then a week later oh man it's broken again.

It doesn't make sense because he "ramps up" his back just gives out every time. It just smacks of bullshit.

The sixers said there was nothing wrong with his back and he was faking it

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They never ever actually came out and said that. That was the consensus though, and it wasn’t just the Sixers. He don’t say a damn word about his back until a certain point, we will never know what actually happened but it was shady as shit.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I moneyline the lakers when they were up 17. Felt amazing about it lmao

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd suspect every athlete deals with back pain of some degree at some point. Especially 6 foot 10 dudes.

People even have debilitating back issues that end careers.

People don't have debilitating back injuries that allow them to shoot And 1 videos in the offseason and they're "ready to go and excited" and then when the season starts their back is injured again.

The debilitating nerve issue doesn't come and go. That's completely ridiculous.