• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thanks for jumping ship

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unfortunately i will always remember PP for leaving the celtics. not in the same league as Bird. i hope you are happy paul putting that brooklyn jersey on, it will be a sickening sight.

PATSOX08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah, it's going to be hard watching PP run the floor in a Nets uni. I look at this way, it gives me another reason to dislike NY. Not that I really needed another.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah, it's going to be hard watching PP run the floor in a Nets uni. I look at this way, it gives me another reason to dislike NY. Not that I really needed another.

lool thats a good way at looking at it. i just kind of feel let down by PP thats all. i thought he wanted to retire a celtic but i guess i was "duped" all along.

tfribs45

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Briz, PP had no choice. You want to blame someone, blame Danny for not giving these guys a fair shot the last few years. He should have added some Bigs to take the load off of KG. It's done and over with now, and our young core look legit, plus we have a lot of picks. It's a win win anyway you look at it. I will be rooting for Brooklyn all year long. They just added Kirilenko, and they are a threat to win it all..... # 5 and # 34 will go up in the rafters together, IMO. On another note, I hope someone takes 20!

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take it from this long-time Boston resident and Celtics fan. Paul Pierce is starting to show his age and, like KG, should retire while he's got something left.

The draft choices and players the Celtics got make this trade favorable for Boston, not Brooklyn.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Briz, PP had no choice. You want to blame someone, blame Danny for not giving these guys a fair shot the last few years. He should have added some Bigs to take the load off of KG. It's done and over with now, and our young core look legit, plus we have a lot of picks. It's a win win anyway you look at it. I will be rooting for Brooklyn all year long. They just added Kirilenko, and they are a threat to win it all..... # 5 and # 34 will go up in the rafters together, IMO. On another note, I hope someone takes 20!
Danny did a good job of getting young players for past-their-prime types.

Young players AND draft choices.

Ainge couldn't afford to let nostalgia cloud his judgement, and should be congratulated for
being more realistic than so many Celtics fans.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PP and KG were traded, were they not? Sure they could have asked for it, but it isn't like they left for more money and you got nothing back. You gave up two aging vets for salary relief and some future growth.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what you're going to remember Paul Pierce for? Not the fact that he was apart of a major rebuilding effort in the Celtics this past decade that brought the franchise from the bottom to title winners? And contenders on a yearly basis? The dude did A LOT for your franchise.

He is pretty much past his prime, he maybe has 2-3 good years left before he starts to head downhill. He did a good thing for Boston for leaving, opens things up to rebuild again for the Celtics. He could have stayed, asked for more money and became a drama queen, holding off rebuilding efforts and distracting everyone and centering the franchise around his dissatisfaction. Bottom line, Boston wasn't contending for a title with our without Pierce this next season.

It might be hard to see a beloved player on another team, but it happens in pro sports. In the end this was the best and most civil move by both parties.

Jackbrit2

Jackbrit2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unfortunately i will always remember PP for leaving the celtics. not in the same league as Bird. i hope you are happy paul putting that brooklyn jersey on, it will be a sickening sight.

Don't look down at PP for this trade. If you ask me both he and KG approved this deal just so the C's could re-build quickly with the draft picks. I was a favor to the C's. Just me thinking out loud.

tfribs45

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great point Jackbrit, KG waived his clause and made this entire off season a lot easier for the entire franchise..

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't get this. They were traded away, I will still remember them fondly and root for the, against everyone but us (and maybe Oklahoma City. I'm a big Durant fan.).

PatsFaninNC

Rhode Island Native
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got no beef with Pierce or Garnett. I'd rather remember them for all their contributions versus how they left, which was BY TRADE. The reality is, moving them helped kickstart the rebuild. It had to happen eventually, and it's rare that a player begins and ends his career with the same team anymore.

This isn't the 80's...Bird and Magic won't be stepping through the door anytime soon. It's the new NBA, and Danny stuck by his thought process.

cyorgan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Briz, PP had no choice. You want to blame someone, blame Danny for not giving these guys a fair shot the last few years. He should have added some Bigs to take the load off of KG. It's done and over with now, and our young core look legit, plus we have a lot of picks.

:clap::agree:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lool thats a good way at looking at it. i just kind of feel let down by PP thats all. i thought he wanted to retire a celtic but i guess i was "duped" all along.
WOW, Sometimes your thought waves are AMAZING. This team had to rebuild, and PP and KG will be done playing before the rebuild is complete. Hell you should place PP higher on his pedestal because with him convincing KG to waie hi no-trade clause helps speed up the rebuild.