• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Texas vs Cowboys

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can they stop putting the ball on the ground? if they do that Sunday they will get rolled in Seattle.

So your saying that turnovers can cost you the game?

That is some deep insight genius.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to ask this question, because I'm the type of person who likes to call things out even when we win. What the fuck was Garrett thinking sending Bailey out to kick on 3rd down? Can you imagine the outcry this would have caused if Bailey missed and we lose this game? I know you have to be conservative, but this was way too conservative. The odds of a blocked kick are low in the NFL. There's nothing wrong with running another play to get Bailey a little closer. 49 yards is not close enough to just give up on the drive like we did. Like what the fuck. We really gonna make Bailey kick a near 50 yard FG after he just missed one at the end of regulation? I hated that entire sequence even though Bailey nailed it for the win

I think Garrett has done a phenomenal job this year, but he nearly blew this game twice. And what was the deal with all these empty sets on 1st and 10 situations? Umm, keep running the ball or leave Murray in as a decoy for a potential play action bomb. Play calling was really suspect today. And that delay of game by Romo to kill that drive nearly drove me insane.
I was thinking the same thing. Garret seems to be the only person in America that thinks a 50 yard field goal is a chip shot.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking the same thing. Garret seems to be the only person in America that thinks a 50 yard field goal is a chip shot.

With Bailey that is a chip shot. He lame-ducked one earlier, but that was the exception and not the norm :)

And our d-line looks like it still has teh problem it has had all year...a half step too slow. You would think QB's would feel comfortable enough to hold the ball for another second, but they are getting it out quickly. Secondary has some to do with that as well, but looks like our line is always "this close" to a sack but can't quite get there. The pressure is much greater than I was expecting though, so I'm not upset by any means.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pressure has been decent from the line. I wish McClain did not have the grain issue. He is a threat to destroy qbs. He is a beast. Loved the hit he put on fitzpatrick

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When will Lawrence be ready to play?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When will Lawrence be ready to play?

Not eligible for another month. Haven't heard any specifics on whether he will be ready to go when eligible or not. Still a learning curve ahead for him. Probably can't expect more than specialty packages for him this year at this point even if he gets healthy and with the number iof guys we are playing on the DL if they all stay healthy that is fine

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else notice that on every "big" play (the Williams TD, the Dez catch and the interception)from this week Romo was leaning backwards when he released the ball? Yes, I get that means there is pressure in his face, but it also means he is not standing in there and taking the hit. This isn't related to the back injury because he has always been like this. It's OK because it's that innate desire to avoid the hit is what makes him avoid the Watt sack, but if you watch the two completions again you will see that they very easily could have been int's. He really just chucked them both up there. He needs to be a little less aware of what is going on around him and deliver the ball first.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the fact that this team is at times running the ball into 8 man fronts. The biggest reason we were completely predictable was because teams would walk a safety up pre-snap and immediately Romo would audible to a pass play. Then they would pin their ears back and come at us and drop the safety back into coverage and know what we were going to do. Sometimes you need to ignore your keys and dictate the game instead of being passive in your play calling. Garrett even mentioned this the other day and it has made me very happy to see thus far.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else notice that on every "big" play (the Williams TD, the Dez catch and the interception)from this week Romo was leaning backwards when he released the ball? Yes, I get that means there is pressure in his face, but it also means he is not standing in there and taking the hit. This isn't related to the back injury because he has always been like this. It's OK because it's that innate desire to avoid the hit is what makes him avoid the Watt sack, but if you watch the two completions again you will see that they very easily could have been int's. He really just chucked them both up there. He needs to be a little less aware of what is going on around him and deliver the ball first.

I noticed it on the int and the last throw to Dez . On the two big plays, I'm not sure who could have intercepted them unless you are talking about the cb on the coverage. I haven't rewatched it but I don't remember any safeties around. If no safeties are around, I have only seen him throw 1 int when throwing a bomb to Dez when Dez is being singled.