• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Texas vs Cowboys

UnBiasedPerspective

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it was a huge win, but along with the special teams and the "iffy" Romo plays, the D still allowed too much life in what should have been a dead team.

That being said, as long as they keep winning they still have life after the season...

And Murray has to hold on to the ball.

I was glad to see they gave him carries after the lost fumble though.

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it was a huge win, but along with the special teams and the "iffy" Romo plays, the D still allowed too much life in what should have been a dead team.

That being said, as long as they keep winning they still have life after the season...

They play like that next week and Seattle will clean their clocks.

That said - if we get the offense we got last week against the Saints and get rid of the turnovers, we got a shot to compete up there.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to ask this question, because I'm the type of person who likes to call things out even when we win. What the fuck was Garrett thinking sending Bailey out to kick on 3rd down? Can you imagine the outcry this would have caused if Bailey missed and we lose this game? I know you have to be conservative, but this was way too conservative. The odds of a blocked kick are low in the NFL. There's nothing wrong with running another play to get Bailey a little closer. 49 yards is not close enough to just give up on the drive like we did. Like what the fuck. We really gonna make Bailey kick a near 50 yard FG after he just missed one at the end of regulation? I hated that entire sequence even though Bailey nailed it for the win

I think Garrett has done a phenomenal job this year, but he nearly blew this game twice. And what was the deal with all these empty sets on 1st and 10 situations? Umm, keep running the ball or leave Murray in as a decoy for a potential play action bomb. Play calling was really suspect today. And that delay of game by Romo to kill that drive nearly drove me insane.

Last edited by a moderator:

UnBiasedPerspective

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to ask this question, because I'm the type of person who likes to call things out even when we win. What the fuck was Garrett thinking sending Bailey out to kick on 3rd down? Can you imagine the outcry this would have caused if Bailey missed and we lose this game? I know you have to be conservative, but this was way too conservative. The odds of a blocked kick are low in the NFL. There's nothing wrong with running another play to get Bailey a little closer. 49 yards is not close enough to just give up on the drive like we did. Like what the fuck. We really gonna make Bailey kick a near 50 yard FG after he just missed one at the end of regulation? I hated that entire sequence even though Bailey nailed it for the win

I think Garrett has done a phenomenal job this year, but he nearly blew this game twice. And what was the deal with all these empty sets on 1st and 10 situations? Umm, keep running the ball or leave Murray in as a decoy for a potential play action bomb. Play calling was really suspect today. And that delay of game by Romo to kill that drive nearly drove me insane.

You're preaching to the choir bro. I can find no fault with your points. It's why I'm not ready to get out my pom poms yet.

But still hopeful...

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

I agree with you completely. The end of the half also had some poor game management. The end of the game and OT left much to be desired. Look on the bright side....we use to lose these games and learn our lessons the hard way. Might be easier to learn a lesson and let it sink in during a win. I am not yet a believer in this team as we will have a tough schedule, but mark my words...I think we have a great shot at beating Seattle on the road. The game sets up well for us as we are at home this week after an early game. The Seahawks have a late Monday night game on the East Coast so their travel schedule will take away a day or two of preparation and leave them a bit tired. I think the Skins will give them a physical game.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty simple Earl if something happens on 3rd you still got 4th down to make the kick attempt.

Just shows the confidence they have in Bailey IMHO

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty simple Earl if something happens on 3rd you still got 4th down to make the kick attempt.

Just shows the confidence they have in Bailey IMHO

It's not that simple. Something bad could have happened anyway, Bailey could have missed again when the Cowboys could have easily ran another safe play to try to pick up a few more yards. It is not logical to give up downs in this situation. A 49-yard FG is tough no matter who the kicker is. Do you realize that if Bailey misses that FG, the Texans have plenty of time on the clock with good field position? If something bad happens on that play, it does not guarantee another attempt on 4th down, and if they do have to attempt again on 4th down, it would be an even longer try when they could have just ran a regular play to get a few extra yards behind a top 3 offensive line. Absolutely no reason to kick on that down there.

I'm sorry, but I trust this young stud offensive line and Murray to pick up a few extra yards to make the FG more manageable for Bailey, than throwing Bailey out there for a 49-yard FG after he just missed(and he missed it badly) a 53-yard FG to win the game. I'm glad it worked out in our favor but I did not like that sequence and Garrett would have got obliterated by the media for not going for a few extra yards if Bailey missed and the Texans went down the field with good starting field position to score.

pools

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually the odds of something bad happening in a gaming winning situation is higher than you might think I've seen enough bad snaps or bobbled holds than I should have seen. I would rather see the holder fall on the ball on 3rd and still have another chance than have to pull something out of his ass and try and get a 1st down.

We were in range and Bailey has had the best leg in the league over the last 2 years, lowest risk was taking the kick early.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is he is on verge of signing an extension within next few weeks

pools

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that simple. Something bad could have happened anyway, Bailey could have missed again when the Cowboys could have easily ran another safe play to try to pick up a few more yards. It is not logical to give up downs in this situation. A 49-yard FG is tough no matter who the kicker is. Do you realize that if Bailey misses that FG, the Texans have plenty of time on the clock with good field position? If something bad happens on that play, it does not guarantee another attempt on 4th down, and if they do have to attempt again on 4th down, it would be an even longer try when they could have just ran a regular play to get a few extra yards behind a top 3 offensive line. Absolutely no reason to kick on that down there.

I'm sorry, but I trust this young stud offensive line and Murray to pick up a few extra yards to make the FG more manageable for Bailey, than throwing Bailey out there for a 49-yard FG after he just missed(and he missed it badly) a 53-yard FG to win the game. I'm glad it worked out in our favor but I did not like that sequence and Garrett would have got obliterated by the media for not going for a few extra yards if Bailey missed and the Texans went down the field with good starting field position to score.

On that kick he had an extra 7-8 yards on the kick, we were set up left and he missed left. On the OT kick we were set up right.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wondering about the iffy Romo? Yes he threw a bad pick and had an intentional grounding. He made a bad throw to WItten. Other than that he was really good today.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sorry Earl I respectfully Disagree its just that simple

some times u just have to have faith

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can u imagine that Houston D with Clowney? Wow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the call to kick on 3rd down. I trust money Dan best kicker in NFL. I'd have done the same thing. But we have a lot to clean up for next week, this game should have been over at halftime, two red zone turnovers is never ok, and a punt return fumble. Can't play this vs the Seahawks and expect to win in Seattle. With that being said, Rolando looks like the mvp of our D can't wait to see Carter at Sam, Hin at Mike, and Lee at Will next season; at least that is my hope!!!! We'd have one of if not the best lb core in NFL!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can u imagine that Houston D with Clowney? Wow

Same could be said about Dallas D with Adding a healthy Lee at Will and DLaw at DE. I think this D is turning into something pretty good, and I for one can't wait until they are fully healthy!

Mrhappi06

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree with this totally. Very happy for the win, but it seemed almost like the team was veering away from the "formula" that has worked so well this eason.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can they stop putting the ball on the ground? if they do that Sunday they will get rolled in Seattle.