• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Texas @ Texas Christian

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas has ELITE NFL defensive talent.

Robinson is nothing more than a mediocre defensive coach. He might be below average.
But Robinson understands that the players are talented.
He is simply keeping it simple and letting their talents come out.

It really shows how god awful Manny Diaz was in over-scheming defenses.
Diaz somehow made all those NFL prospects into clueless defenders with ludicrous complex schemes.

I cannot believe he convince Mack to give him another season after 2012.

I am the biggest Mack supporter, but that was a horrible decision by Brown to retain Diaz.

Diaz should have been fired at halftime during the OU game last year. The fact that Mack didn't fire him at the end of the season is the reason we have 2 losses already. Anyway, didn't OU struggle to beat this TCU team in Norman and Texas clownstomped, raped and embarrassed OU in Dallas and Texas just clownstomped TCU in Ft Worth, yet we're UR and this god awful OU team is somehow ranked in the top 10 in the coaches poll? WTF?

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ex your act is getting old. You won your Superbowl and beat OU congrats. You where the better team THAT DAY. But your body of work stinks and your pimping Tcu is laughable. Good luck with WV, Osu, Baylor, and Tech.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ash is the better quarterback on paper, but he chokes in games. McCoy has the better QB mentality.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ex your act is getting old. You won your Superbowl and beat OU congrats. You where the better team THAT DAY. But your body of work stinks and your pimping Tcu is laughable. Good luck with WV, Osu, Baylor, and Tech.

How is it getting old? OU fucking sucks and they are in the top 10, even you know they don't belong in the top 10.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it getting old? OU fucking sucks and they are in the top 10, even you know they don't belong in the top 10.

Well, you have your health at least.

Chin up ol' chap.

We will be ranked:
9th - USA Coaches' Poll
10th - Harris Interactive Poll
11th - Computer average

That equals 10th in the BCS top 25.
Which is more than NRth in the BCS top 25.

We get to cruise for a week and a half preparing for the Baylor juggernaut.
I'm not saying we're going to win or anything...but if history is any indicator, we might challenge for another BIG XII title. They're not NC's or anything, but they're a feel-good replacement.

Hang in there, lots of football left to be played. Enjoy it. For it will be over before you know it.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAujl7SIwq8]Craig Bolerjack Blew Missed Field Goal Call During Texas vs. TCU Game - YouTube[/ame]

Guess who he was rooting for.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ash is the better quarterback on paper, but he chokes in games. McCoy has the better QB mentality.

So let me get this straight. One QB who even if he won out won't have a .500 record as a starter, has a 18-10 TD/INT ratio, less completions, less PPG, less comp% - but he DOESN'T choke in games and has a better mentality?

Are you nuts? Reality simply does not agree with you. I see a lot of people make excuses for McCoy, and it's always something mythical, it's never a fact based convo based on what he's actually done or accomplished on the field.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me get this straight. One QB who even if he won out won't have a .500 record as a starter, has a 18-10 TD/INT ratio, less completions, less PPG, less comp% - but he DOESN'T choke in games and has a better mentality?

Are you nuts? Reality simply does not agree with you. I see a lot of people make excuses for McCoy, and it's always something mythical, it's never a fact based convo based on what he's actually done or accomplished on the field.

Just want to know when Ash choked. Not sure what a big game means. Ash is undefeated in Bowl games. 0-1 in RRS as a starter, but Peyton Manning couldnt have saved Texas last yr. A&M game Case was terrible. OU game is the first big gane he played well in. I hope we are not calling a 3-5 TCU team a "big game"

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just want to know when Ash choked. Not sure what a big game means. Ash is undefeated in Bowl games. 0-1 in RRS as a starter, but Peyton Manning couldnt have saved Texas last yr. A&M game Case was terrible. OU game is the first big gane he played well in. I hope we are not calling a 3-5 TCU team a "big game"

I've never understood the "McCoy fans" in our fanbase. I'm not anti-McCoy, I'm just not pro-McCoy. He gives us virtually nothing on the field of play, yet according to some here he passes the eyeball test?

And these are the same eyeballs that can't see that Ash is CLEARLY better?

You have to wonder what the real bias is for people that think McCoy does anything of note for the Longhorns. His stats are all out there to look up, and most of them are not pretty. We have won almost in spite of him. And in nearly ALL his wins, we've gotten 2+ turnovers or a defensive score.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't we just agree that both Ash and McCoy suck.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't we just agree that both Ash and McCoy suck.

Because we don't agree that Ash sucks. Like I said......you can base your opinion on a lot of things, but statistical and game facts don't seem to be one of them.

Ash isn't a world beater, but he does not suck. His stats are VERY good, and he has won without the benefit of a defense that showed up.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Case is 3-1 as a starter this year, with 3 straight wins away from home.

The team is playing, for him and for Texas. We are blocking. Everyone who said he had no arm looks silly when he averages nearly 26 yards per completion against the best D in the Big 12.

As Gene would say: "I would hope you would support those we have on the [field]. This is your team."

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Case is 3-1 as a starter this year, with 3 straight wins away from home.

The team is playing, for him and for Texas. We are blocking. Everyone who said he had no arm looks silly when he averages nearly 26 yards per completion against the best D in the Big 12.

As Gene would say: "I would hope you would support those we have on the [field]. This is your team."

Hoosiers = GREATNESS............For the record, I would still rather have Ash at QB.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he like the Verne of the Big 12?

? I suppose. He calls a FG good that wasn't within 5 yards of the goalposts, when I saw it, I was like, "what game is he watching???"

He was excited too! Like they had just won the game......and they didn't come CLOSE to making that kick.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are both probably average to above average qb's. Ash is probably the better of the two since he's a little better on his feet. The problem is that we should never have above average qb's at Texas. We should always have good qb's with the occasionaly great one. That's the real argument.