• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers vs. Oakland A's 8/2-8/4

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he must start (which he did a little bit for Oakland this year), then he’s best utilized in a platoon role. Otherwise, his ideal role is as a super-sub utility man who can play five different positions (2B/SS/3B/1B/LF).

Defensively, he’s solid but not world-beating. He plays an adequate shortstop, good at second, and can hold his own in the corners. His range is fine, and his arm is an absolute cannon. Seriously, I’ve always wanted to see him pitch in a blowout game because his arm is bonkers. With all that being said, though, his defense fell apart over the last month or so; I wonder if he may have taken his offensive struggles into the field with him.

So, there you go. Solid utility man, but not a great starter. Backup shortstop with a great arm and a bit of home run pop. That’s not a terrible player to have on the bench.

That's what a Oakland fan had to say about him. I actually likes this claim. Also he plays really hard and has that heart.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There is room on the 40 man, but you're right someone has to be demoted, if its Profar, I'm ok with that, he needs to be in AAA playing everyday anyway

Yea ... but acquiring Rosales (aka Cristian Guzman in my book) to push Profar back to AAA does not do squat to protect TEX if Cruz is suspended. All it does is put Profar back where he needs to be ... and provides the situation for Profar and Garcia to keep getting ABs at Round Rock.

Adam Rosales = Omar Quintanilla minus the batting tools

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I understand your point here but perhaps they are going to send Profar or Beltre back to AAA to get some frequent game time to get ready for September and the playoffs. A story should come out soon suggesting why the move. You are probably right to be upset but hearing the reason for this may be interesting.

It makes sense if the move was to keep Garcia and Profar in every day lineups and all they are using him for is a UIF. But duffus Fraley says it provides protection in case Cruz is suspended.

Cruz on suspension has more offensive impact than Rosales.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea ... but acquiring Rosales (aka Cristian Guzman in my book) to push Profar back to AAA does not do squat to protect TEX if Cruz is suspended. All it does is put Profar back where he needs to be ... and provides the situation for Profar and Garcia to keep getting ABs at Round Rock.

Adam Rosales = Omar Quintanilla minus the batting tools

I think you're overreacting just a bit

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If he must start (which he did a little bit for Oakland this year), then he’s best utilized in a platoon role. Otherwise, his ideal role is as a super-sub utility man who can play five different positions (2B/SS/3B/1B/LF).

Defensively, he’s solid but not world-beating. He plays an adequate shortstop, good at second, and can hold his own in the corners. His range is fine, and his arm is an absolute cannon. Seriously, I’ve always wanted to see him pitch in a blowout game because his arm is bonkers. With all that being said, though, his defense fell apart over the last month or so; I wonder if he may have taken his offensive struggles into the field with him.

So, there you go. Solid utility man, but not a great starter. Backup shortstop with a great arm and a bit of home run pop. That’s not a terrible player to have on the bench.

That's what a Oakland fan had to say about him. I actually likes this claim. Also he plays really hard and has that heart.

OAK thought so much of him that they DFA'd him twice this year ... kept Eric Sogard ... and traded their #3 prospect for Alberto Callaspo to replace Rosales.

Rosales line in 135ABs ... .193 .268 .319 .587

Adam Rosales is Cristian Guzman 2013.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OAK thought so much of him that they DFA'd him twice this year ... kept Eric Sogard ... and traded their #3 prospect for Alberto Callaspo to replace Rosales.

Rosales line in 135ABs ... .193 .268 .319 .587

Adam Rosales is Cristian Guzman 2013.

We didn't give up prospects to get Rosales, its not the same

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct. TEX didn't give up prospects for Rosales but I wouldn't expect anything more from him than TEX got from Guzman.

I agree, if it allows the guys in AAA to get regular playing time and not have to be on the bench aas a UTIL player, so be it

If Harrison or Lewis come back, I have a feeling thats when he'll be DFA'd again

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You thought I was overreacting. "Mark" provides me a word to search for when I go back later on show I wasn't.

You are, its a stopgap, nothing more, i seriously doubt anyone is expecting much from Rosales other than to have a glove ready if/when needed

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried to find this when we struggling

This is for AJP

Attachments

• advicedog090211.jpeg
    advicedog090211.jpeg
    111.3 KB · Views: 73

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You are, its a stopgap, nothing more, i seriously doubt anyone is expecting much from Rosales other than to have a glove ready if/when needed

Fraley said in his piece ...

"The move gives the Rangers options for a potential life without outfielder Nelson Cruz, facing a possible suspension for his role in the Biogenesis scandal."

Now Fraley certainly isn't TEX management ... but there is zero correlation between Rosales and "potential life without ... Nelson Cruz".

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried to find this when we struggling

This is for AJP

Fraley said in his piece ...

"The move gives the Rangers options for a potential life without outfielder Nelson Cruz, facing a possible suspension for his role in the Biogenesis scandal."

Now Fraley certainly isn't TEX management ... but there is zero correlation between Rosales and "potential life without ... Nelson Cruz".

Watch out for willing ham he's a perfect replacement