• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2022 - 2023 Offseason Thread

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Rangers are trying to address LF

• “Despite missing the entirety of the 2022 season, Michael Conforto and agent Scott Boras were able to secure the outfielder a two-year, $36MM contract with the Giants. Important to the deal, per Evan Grant of The Dallas Morning News, was the no-barrier opt out presented to Conforto by San Francisco. Grant adds that while the Rangers offered the left-handed hitter a deal similar to the Giants, Conforto would have to meet certain playing thresholds to execute the opt out.”

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the Rangers pivot towards Eovaldi now so they can trade for a LF.
Having Eovaldi would make it easier to trade guys like Odorizzi, Dunning & Otto.

I’m glad CY picked up Odorizzi before FA sp started signing.. $2.5 million is cheap compared to what 5th SP types are getting this off-season.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Rangers are trying to address LF

• “Despite missing the entirety of the 2022 season, Michael Conforto and agent Scott Boras were able to secure the outfielder a two-year, $36MM contract with the Giants. Important to the deal, per Evan Grant of The Dallas Morning News, was the no-barrier opt out presented to Conforto by San Francisco. Grant adds that while the Rangers offered the left-handed hitter a deal similar to the Giants, Conforto would have to meet certain playing thresholds to execute the opt out.”

This shows that even though a transaction can happen before there is a leak about it, usually it eventually leaks out even if the transaction fails to come to fruition. We usually don't have to guess if the Rangers were in on certain guys.

Reactions: DTC

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the Rangers pivot towards Eovaldi now so they can trade for a LF.
Having Eovaldi would make it easier to trade guys like Odorizzi, Dunning & Otto.

I’m glad CY picked up Odorizzi before FA sp started signing.. $2.5 million is cheap compared to what 5th SP types are getting this off-season.
Eovaldi is a very good pitcher you can trust to make starts in the postseason.
In that scenario (instead of trading one of the SPs) I'd rather put one of those three in the pen, go with a six man rotation and send the last guy down to AAA in case of injury.
DeGrom-Perez-Eovaldi-Gray-Odorizzi-Dunning(?) could compete with the Yankees for best rotation in the game, IMO.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eovaldi is a very good pitcher you can trust to make starts in the postseason.
In that scenario (instead of trading one of the SPs) I'd rather put one of those three in the pen, go with a six man rotation and send the last guy down to AAA in case of injury.
DeGrom-Perez-Eovaldi-Gray-Odorizzi-Dunning(?) could compete with the Yankees for best rotation in the game, IMO.

You forgot Heaney lol

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot Heaney lol
Guess I did, lol.
DeGrom-Perez-Eovaldi-Gray-Heaney-Odorizzi, maybe Otto in the pen (think his stuff could play up better as a reliever than Dunning's), Dunning to AAA.
And that totally neglects Cole Ragans who could very well be viable SP depth, as well.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So the plan is to go all the way and win the WS next year because 3/5 of the rotation may leave as free agents as part of the 2023-2024 group?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read that the Rangers are one of five teams which may have interest in signing Trevor Bauer. How do ya feel about this?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read that the Rangers are one of five teams which may have interest in signing Trevor Bauer. How do ya feel about this?
As the pitching stands now, I think we should pass and evaluate the performance at mid season 2023 or later and ajust then. Really like what we have now and think we should invest in LF.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally off the subject, but does anyone have any idea of what is going on with the Ticket this morning? All the breaks are the usual, but they are playing music in place of their format; at least on line they are.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3/5 of the rotation may leave as free agents a
I think Perez will sign an extension by the break and I think Heaney wants to stay. Odorizzi most likely gets replaced by Owen White. Or, maybe Darvish replaces Heaney or Odorizzi. We shall see.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally off the subject, but does anyone have any idea of what is going on with the Ticket this morning? All the breaks are the usual, but they are playing music in place of their format; at least on line they are.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Levi Weaver:

Remaining needs

Texas has been clear all along that it plans to add another bat — likely an outfielder, though I wouldn’t rule out a DH/1B type or another utility player. The Rangers also likely need at least one more bullpen arm (or maybe two, if they don’t think Chase Lee is ready for the big leagues). Given the free-agent prices, one or more of those moves might come in a trade. On the bullpen front, it’s not unrealistic to think they might even find a fit for another starter and shift Odorizzi to a multi-inning relief role.