• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2022 - 2023 Offseason Thread

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Reactions: DTC

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if the Rangers did trade Owen White and Foscue I think they have enough talent and the #4 overall pick next year to still have a strong farm system with 6-7 guys in the top 100 going into next year.
Guys like Saggese, Zavala, Rocker the #4 pick, Gutierrez, Acuna, Bratt, Ryan Garcia.. could all stand a chance to move up the board after a strong 2023 season..maybe not all 8 but there’s definitely some special guys in that mix.. there’s more I didn’t even mention.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised if the Rangers sign a reliever today.

I dont think they plan to sign any relievers and as a matter of fact, I dont think they plan to make any thing other than a minor league move, here or there, It appears they will stand pat and the talk of adding Rodon or another big piece after the DeGrom signing, was all a smoke screen.They certainly haven't been aggressive in the least since then.

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kind of supports the idea that Heim is #1c and Huff @backup.
From SI.com

“Heim’s defense, his command of the staff and his ability to switch-hit — a relative rarity these days in baseball, much less at catcher — makes him the incumbent with little chance of losing playing time.”

If he could hit the rest of the league like he has hit Ohtani so far he would really be something.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like Moreno but I am not ready to declare the second coming. Would like more contact from Huff as well. I see More o as a #2 catcher that if things go right can be the number one guy but if it goes great he could be a lot more.

Of course that is alot of speculation on my part but re Huff I have watched him a and though the Rangers did not let him continue during a hot streak I am sure not goring to make him a victim of being ruined. That is ludicrous

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From SI.com

“Heim’s defense, his command of the staff and his ability to switch-hit — a relative rarity these days in baseball, much less at catcher — makes him the incumbent with little chance of losing playing time.”

If he could hit the rest of the league like he has hit Ohtani so far he would really be something.

Heim should have been an AS last year and he ran out of gas late in the year IMO but I think he's a top catcher in the league and will improve again this year

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if the Rangers did trade Owen White and Foscue I think they have enough talent and the #4 overall pick next year to still have a strong farm system with 6-7 guys in the top 100 going into next year.
Guys like Saggese, Zavala, Rocker the #4 pick, Gutierrez, Acuna, Bratt, Ryan Garcia.. could all stand a chance to move up the board after a strong 2023 season..maybe not all 8 but there’s definitely some special guys in that mix.. there’s more I didn’t even mention.
White may be our best pitcher. I consider him almost untouchable

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think they plan to sign any relievers and as a matter of fact, I dont think they plan to make any thing other than a minor league move, here or there, It appears they will stand pat and the talk of adding Rodon or another big piece after the DeGrom signing, was all a smoke screen.They certainly haven't been aggressive in the least since then.
Rangers need a closer. I don’t have all the answers but who is going to fill that role?

Kimbrel has seen better days for sure but can’t see us standing pat unless they have someone in mind.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers need a closer. I don’t have all the answers but who is going to fill that role?

Kimbrel has seen better days for sure but can’t see us standing pat unless they have someone in mind.

Not my choice but I expect they will try the 3 of Hernandez, LeClerc or Barlow with LeClerc probably getting the edge first

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not my choice but I expect they will try the 3 of Hernandez, LeClerc or Barlow with LeClerc probably getting the edge first
Think Hernandez has closer stuff but has not found his control back post his surgery . Maybe that changes. Risky to count on that though

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Moreno will prove to be much better than Heim, but we will all have to wait and see.

I think Huff will be a really good player for some team, but most likely not the Rangers. Their devotion to Heim has already made them choose him over a leader like Trevino. It also caused them not to be interested in Moreno. That devotion to Heim will keep Huff from ever having much of a chance.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean come on. Did the Mets think the Giants were just making stuff up. They had the guy signed and then this health concern came up. Mets should not be surprised by this.
Will be interesting if Cohens mouth gets him in trouble due to him confirming the signing

And yes Merry Christmas all