• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2022 - 2023 Offseason Thread

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So much for the notion that he would only consider going to a team that is already considered a contender.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is literally nothing ownership and CY could do right now that would surprise me. Nothing. 2 years ago I never would have dreamt we would finally be rid of JD, brought in an All-Star manager and pitching coach, and splashed hundreds of millions on Seager, Semien, and deGrom.

So they could sign Rodon or Senga and I wouldn’t be surprised at all. They could sign both. They could sign both AND Judge. They could trade the farm system for Corbin Burnes. Or Alcantara. Or Reynolds. These fantasy baseball moves that they’ve been making are the stuff of pipe dreams for Rangers fans, so I think the sky is the limit at this point. I’m not sure what got into Ray Davis, but whatever it was, it definitely seems like he is suddenly about winning now at all costs.

So they might as well go all-in at this point. It might not work, but there’s no sense in half-assing it at this point. This might all blow up in their faces, but it’s re-energized the fan base and given everyone a break from the last 5 years of horrid mediocrity.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So much for the notion that he would only consider going to a team that is already considered a contender.

Technically that tweet doesn't say he's considering those teams, just that they are making offers.

Reactions: DTC

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Technically that tweet doesn't say he's considering those teams, just that they are making offers.
I don't think those teams believe the rumors any more than I do. It is most likely just as false as Leiter only being willing to sign if he was drafted by Boston.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think those teams believe the rumors any more than I do. It is most likely just as false as Leiter only being willing to sign if he was drafted by Boston.

oh sure, absolutely. I pretty much don't believe any tweet unless it's Jeff Passan announcing a deal is done. Until then, it's all just rumor.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the money invested, I would have much rather had a healthy Verlander for the 2/3 years over DeGrom. Am I on an island here?

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is literally nothing ownership and CY could do right now that would surprise me. Nothing. 2 years ago I never would have dreamt we would finally be rid of JD, brought in an All-Star manager and pitching coach, and splashed hundreds of millions on Seager, Semien, and deGrom.
So they could sign Rodon or Senga and I wouldn’t be surprised at all. They could sign both. They could sign both AND Judge. They could trade the farm system for Corbin Burnes. Or Alcantara. Or Reynolds. These fantasy baseball moves that they’ve been making are the stuff of pipe dreams for Rangers fans, so I think the sky is the limit at this point. I’m not sure what got into Ray Davis, but whatever it was, it definitely seems like he is suddenly about winning now at all costs.

So they might as well go all-in at this point. It might not work, but there’s no sense in half-assing it at this point. This might all blow up in their faces, but it’s re-energized the fan base and given everyone a break from the last 5 years of horrid mediocrity.

Imo they spent the time and money during the rebuild to fix up the new stadium and Texas live
Now theyre tackling the on field product right as a lot of prospects are on the cusp of getting promoted. We should have good things in store.
Payroll is at $163 million right now, with our market and inflation the $230 million luxury threshold shouldn’t be a problem to stay underneath but flirt with.
$190-$210 is probably a good number for the Rangers payroll to stay at.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the money invested, I would have much rather had a healthy Verlander for the 2/3 years over DeGrom. Am I on an island here?
I would have been happy with either.