• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Game thread

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That hurt, what a shot

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Play selection late in games has me scratching my head. Offense turns it over on downs inside the 15 .........

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two weeks in a row, the offense has killed itself, turnovers, penalties, poor execution, play selection. I'm thinking we MAY have one more win, unless the team folds their tent like the last two years. I've drank my last look aid, I'll not be fooled into thinking Holgorsen has learned anything until it's proven through an entire season. We watched a Texas team that a few weeks ago was in complete disarray, but through EFFECTIVE coaching has improved. We are watching for the third year in a row a WVU team that was being talked about a week ago for the league title, fade down the stretch because of ineffective coaching.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knew that an officials review would screw our whole day up :suds:

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two weeks in a row, the offense has killed itself, turnovers, penalties, poor execution, play selection. I'm thinking we MAY have one more win, unless the team folds their tent like the last two years. I've drank my last look aid, I'll not be fooled into thinking Holgorsen has learned anything until it's proven through an entire season. We watched a Texas team that a few weeks ago was in complete disarray, but through EFFECTIVE coaching has improved. We are watching for the third year in a row a WVU team that was being talked about a week ago for the league title, fade down the stretch because of ineffective coaching.

Texas played their best 1st half of the year. They were up and after TCU, we were down. My big gripe last week was not getting it to KW enough. There should have been an interference call in the 4 th which may have changed the ball game. Can't blame coaching, this game was lost by poor tackling and bad blocking by the O line. Clint does not look like the same QB who played Alabama. He only attempted 2 or 3 passes longer than 20 yards.

This team exceeded everyone's expextations this year. Let's see if they can get up for Kansas State.

At least we are not Auburn or Notre Dame fans.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas played their best 1st half of the year. They were up and after TCU, we were down. My big gripe last week was not getting it to KW enough. There should have been an interference call in the 4 th which may have changed the ball game. Can't blame coaching, this game was lost by poor tackling and bad blocking by the O line. Clint does not look like the same QB who played Alabama. He only attempted 2 or 3 passes longer than 20 yards.

This team exceeded everyone's expextations this year. Let's see if they can get up for Kansas State.

At least we are not Auburn or Notre Dame fans.
The defense has exceeded our expectations, the offense has fallen short of what I expected. I put it on the coaches, different players, against different teams, but the same point in the season for three years, the offense stopped producing. The difference between the horrible season last year and where we are this year has been an amazing turn around on defense, with a defense like last year, and this year's offense, we would be maybe 2-8 right now. Gibson as DC, and Bradley being asst head coach has been huge. What do you mean about auburn and ND? They both have two losses and are looking at nice bowl games, we are looking at a third tier bowl against a MAC team if the offense doesn't get it going.:gaah:

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team has some holes and some issues with players for sure but Dana has to coach to his team/talent a lot better too. He is what he is at this point, sometimes the team has to overcome his lack of being a big time HC.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I understand how games like this happen, the disappointment I feel hurts all the same. The TCU game cost us another. The kids did not come into today's game ready to play. I thought the leadership on the team would keep this from happening.

Sadly... I was wrong...

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both sides of the ball sucked today...

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the team mistakenly thought that this was their bye week...

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both sides of the ball sucked today...

The offense sucked the whole game, the defense played a good second half after a very poor first half, the second half defense was one of very few bright spots.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately for us the game is 4 quarters long.....

I never recall you giving credit to the offense when we were losing shoot outs, not about to give them credit for playing a good half against a crappy offense with a Frosh QB.

Team loss and a ugly one.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the team mistakenly thought that this was their bye week...

Yeah… I think Dana said something to the effect that they wanted this game to be easy, and it wasn't easy.

I listened to the game on the radio as I was driving back from Vermont yesterday. I recorded the game, so I'll watch this morning.

Sounded like the offense moved the ball well… just didn't score.

The rush defense in the first half was a joke! How do you not know what Texas is going to do? How do you not take away their running game, and make their QB beat you with his arm?

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rush defense in the first half was a joke! How do you not know what Texas is going to do? How do you not take away their running game, and make their QB beat you with his arm?
:agree:

Exactly, and the piss poor tackling as well.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately for us the game is 4 quarters long.....

I never recall you giving credit to the offense when we were losing shoot outs, not about to give them credit for playing a good half against a crappy offense with a Frosh QB.

Team loss and a ugly one.

Texas sucked at the start of the season and received effective coaching for their young players, they are a much better team than a month ago.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradley needs to be fired!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Texas is any better at this stage of the season than they were at the beginning. WVU's defense did not come ready to battle yesterday. WVU's offense simply could not finish their drives.