• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Texas comes home to face an old friend in Nelson Cruz.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given that our #1 is out for the year and our #2 managed one inning before heading to the DL, a #9 ranking in the AL is a damn miracle.

amen brother. with what we have for pitching right now and the poor defense and offense that has been put together for this season i would have thought we would have been near the bottom of the league in every stat

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anyone else annoyed by the team's social media push to get players to the All Star Game? I get it, but it's absurd. First off, it's APRIL, and secondly, the team is performing like it's February.

I find it more ridiculous than anything.

Going back to the earlier years to the 80's, it always chapped my butt the way they'd promote "Be sure and vote for all our Rangers," and then they'd include names like MICKEY RIVERS (for crying out loud.)

Frankly, it was embarrassing.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will get even better but has certainly not been the problem

It wasn't just you and I, but for the most part, we did seem more concerned about our lack of RBI potential than some going into this season.

But I gotta admit, I sincerely thought Choo was part of the solution, moreso than a player within the problem.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't just you and I, but for the most part, we did seem more concerned about our lack of RBI potential than some going into this season.

But I gotta admit, I sincerely thought Choo was part of the solution, moreso than a player within the problem.
RBI production was certainly a concern but could never guessed it would be this bad.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made a new thread. If you're feeling spry you should stop on by.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RBI production was certainly a concern but could never guessed it would be this bad.

So far this has been a nightmare.

But having said this, baseball is a game of streaks. And honestly, right now, when we hit a ball hard, it finds a glove. Or when we get a hit, it's with 2 outs. However, I don't think this team is going to scare anyone.

But at the same time, I see Prince being slightly off or some of his balls are landing in seats, EA is hitting it hard/finding gloves, Beltre is starting to hit the ball-on-the-nose too. Martin seems to be showing some growth at the plate. MM was doing what he does best, that is-when he's doing his best, and that's using all fields, and hopefully he'll be back in 15 days.

So I do see some light in these dark nights.