• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas A&M Stepped up and paid Big Money for a Big Name from a Big Program

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in 2002.
COLLEGE-FOOTBALL-TEXAS-AM-AGGIES-VS-MISSOURI-TIGERS-FOOTBALL_1.jpg

I sure hope they aren’t really going to pay 8mil/year for that asshat from Florida State.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in 2002.

I sure hope they aren’t really going to pay 8mil/year for that asshat from Florida State.
Texas A&M should go back to those unis, those were sharp

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in 2002.

If they do, my aggie neighbor's head will expolde. He's old school core and wants someone in the Bill Snyder type mold. No Swag Copter and that kind of shit for him. He hasn't been a happy camper the past few years. And most of his disdain isn't necessarily because of the winning percentage. He hasn't liked "the direction" in his words.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they do, my aggie neighbor's head will expolde. He's old school core and wants someone in the Bill Snyder type mold. No Swag Copter and that kind of shit for him. He hasn't been a happy camper the past few years. And most of his disdain isn't necessarily because of the winning percentage. He hasn't liked "the direction" in his words.
A lot of “old army” Ags aren’t happy with the country club atmosphere. It’s easier to tolerate when your winning. I, even though frustrated by recent results, do not want them to fire Sumlin for The likes of Jimbo. If you think about it, we weren’t picked to finish above .500. We lost our starting QB for most of the season, our defense is mostly freshmen. In spite of all that, a win against the corn dogs tomorrow will give us 8 wins, 3rd place in the SECW, and a chance for 9 wins. Firing Sumlin would be dumb. But I’ve seen this happen before.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska and LSU come to mind.
Define irony:

Two years ago LSU was going to fire Les Miles and was rumored to be hiring Jimbo Fisher. Beat A&M and decided to keep The HC.

If we beat the corn dogs, does Sumlin keep his job? I doubt it. We have a shit load of money to blow

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Old army isn't even real army.......

And they're stuck in the 1950s. They want everything to be like it was back then, they refuse to join the modern age.

This is part of what I meant by aggy tradition holding the school back in a lot of ways. A lot of people don't want to put up with that culture.....and let's face it, its unique. For those that love it, its a great place......but those on the outside see a cult like following of people that can't get with the times.

I don't know if firing Sumlin is the answer.......but I do know Jimbo isn't leaving FSU for aggy. If they were pursuing Mullen or Patterson or Cutcliffe it'd be another story.......all those guys are in MO great coaches you can't miss on. Not sure what the aggy love affair is for Jimbo Fisher

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well whoever takes the reigns next year will have a shitload of young talent to work with

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every school has a reputation, and if they're smart, they use it. aTm is a grizzled soldier covered with scars, fresh wounds and a cigarette between his fingers on the hand holding his rifle. Oklahoma is a squint-eyed gunslinger wearing a stained duster, a hat pulled down to its eyes and a .45 on each hip. And Texas is the Great Gatsby: handsome, confident, smooth, and richer than six inches up a bull's ass. Think about it: every school has an image they should embrace. The trick is to make it work. A school often fails when they move too far away from what their stereotype is.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A&M should go get Brent Venables.
Obvious answer.

They should do a real search. Too many schools just rush into a hire. I have thought Whittingham at Utah would be a nice fit. Plus I am really curious to see how he would do in a better recruiting pool. The guy can definitely coach.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Franchione have a championship pedigree like Jimbo FIsher?

But Fisher turner down LSU, he ain't going to A&M, but if TAMU had a chance to hire him, they'd be fools to turn him down.

He's one of only 4 active coaches that have won a natty.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But Fisher turner down LSU, he ain't going to A&M, but if TAMU had a chance to hire him, they'd be fools to turn him down.

No Fran didn’t win squat on the D1 level. He did a pretty good job at TCU and left Bama just when the NCAA was ready to slap them on the wrists. But I remember how hyped up that hire was. He as a big name in 2002. It was a major coup to steal him away from Bama...even though he didn’t do much for them either in the short time he was there.

There were several reasons Fisher didn’t go to LSU. Some say LSU backed out because dropping millions on a new HC would look bad considering the financial troubles they were having at the time. I think the Jimbo rumors with A&M are mainly because our AD has a good relationship with Jimbo going back to when they were at LSU.

My prediction
1. We keep Sumlin
2. We fire Sumlin and hire some else not Jimbo and not Morris

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really question what happened at FSU that led to the current 4 win season. By the way there are more than 4 coaches with titles. Miles, Mack, and Chizik would all take a HC job.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to wonder why Brent Venables doesn't get more attention for a head coaching position.
Has a top rated Defense.
Been an assistant under Bill Snyder, Bob Stoops, and Dabo Swinney.

WTF is wrong with that picture