• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tennessee Titans RB Chris Johnson will undergo knee surgery

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,618.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Johnson played the majority of the season despite a torn meniscus in his knee and plans to undergo surgery this week, the Titans running back told The Tennessean.

Johnson told The Tennessean he suffered the injury in Week 3.

"It's nothing major," he said in a text message to the paper. "People don't know I been playing with it since week 3 of the season."

Johnson rushed for 90 yards in Tennessee's 20-17 Week 3 victory over the San Diego Chargers.

The three-time Pro Bowler is expected to need at least a month to recover from the operation, according to multiple media reports.

Despite the injury, Johnson rushed for 1,077 yards and six touchdowns this season.

The 28-year-old Johnson told The Tennessean earlier this month that he believes he has been underused in the Titans' offense and acknowledged he would be open to a trade.

Source: ESPN

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully this increases his value for a trade. It's time to move on.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya he's past his prime. He was once very motivated but he gave up a long time ago when he wasn't handed what he expected to be handed. I traded him away for Stafford in my keeper 3 seasons ago when he was still considered a top RB.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Titans think someone is going to give them something for Chris Johnson (on the books for 8 mill next season) when everyone knows they're just going to cut him? They should have released him and asked him to pack his shit and go after the last game.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never understand why players who know they need surgery don't have it asap from their last game? I know this wont be an issue for Chris come preseason but why not put as much time between it and Week 1?

Ok I feel better now that I got that out. I will be anxious to see if CJ gets traded if the problem was the Titans O-line or CJ just making excuses. The other Titan rbs seemed to produce just fine?