• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TCU Game Thread

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Holgorsen the QB? Who is responsible for finding open receivers? Who is responsible for locking in on White?

Clint is responsible for making a presnap read of the defense. He has a pass/run option on every play. He makes the call based on his read.

What you saw on WVU's last play was Clint's read...one Dana disagreed with.

Who teaches the QB to make the correct read? I disagree on your take, it looked to me as if Trickett was the instigator in the confrontation with Holgorsen, asking Holgorsen WTF.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who teaches the QB to make the correct read? I disagree on your take, it looked to me as if Trickett was the instigator in the confrontation with Holgorsen, asking Holgorsen WTF.

You can disagree all you want. Simply read Dana's comments, he said he saw something different than Clint.

Just because Dana teaches the QB, doesn't mean the QB will make the right decision every time. Give me a break....

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can disagree all you want. Simply read Dana's comments, he said he saw something different than Clint.

Just because Dana teaches the QB, doesn't mean the QB will make the right decision every time. Give me a break....

Haven't you learned all L's are DH's fault all wins are due to Bradley and everything else.:clap:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't you learned all L's are DH's fault all wins are due to Bradley and everything else.:clap:

True dat...

Just like he blames DeForest for kids make repeated mistakes, but gives him no credit when his kids do something great.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True dat...

Just like he blames DeForest for kids make repeated mistakes, but gives him no credit when his kids do something great.

Isn't that how all jobs are? Your attaboys come in your paycheck, your errors are pointed out. I'm not going to give kudos to a guy making a half million for doing an adequate job, but I will damn sure point it out when he screws up. Yes, I blame coaches for the kids repeated errors, it is their job to teach the kids.

DBAR4WVU

Blue & Gold until I die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game by Coach was the perfect blend of run and pass. The defense played one of the best complete games I have seen from a WVU defense in over 2 decades (1993?). While the execution was good by the offense overall - the turnovers killed us. You cannot keep handing the ball to your opponent on your side of the field and expect to win. You are giving the game away. They did it against OSU in the 1st QTR and managed to get it under control and win. TCU is not OSU - this team literally handed the win to an out-matched, out-played TCU team.

As I said before the game - given the weather, Turnovers and field position would decide the winner. Well, we lost the ball 5 times to TCU's 2 and we handed them the short field 2 too many times. If not for the brillant, tough effort by the defense - the score could have easily been 52 - 30.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game by Coach was the perfect blend of run and pass. The defense played one of the best complete games I have seen from a WVU defense in over 2 decades (1993?). While the execution was good by the offense overall - the turnovers killed us. You cannot keep handing the ball to your opponent on your side of the field and expect to win. You are giving the game away. They did it against OSU in the 1st QTR and managed to get it under control and win. TCU is not OSU - this team literally handed the win to an out-matched, out-played TCU team.

As I said before the game - given the weather, Turnovers and field position would decide the winner. Well, we lost the ball 5 times to TCU's 2 and we handed them the short field 2 too many times. If not for the brillant, tough effort by the defense - the score could have easily been 52 - 30.

Gotta disagree with that

Defense played well but gave up 10 points in the last 6 minutes.

Points off turnovers was 14-7 which is not bad given our TOs. We had overcome those turnovers and had the lead from the first score until time expired.

Too much run at the end of the game and no great effort to get the ball to KW. We were playing not to lose which resulted in a loss. We were the better team and without the TOs we should have won 51-14.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't that how all jobs are? Your attaboys come in your paycheck, your errors are pointed out. I'm not going to give kudos to a guy making a half million for doing an adequate job, but I will damn sure point it out when he screws up. Yes, I blame coaches for the kids repeated errors, it is their job to teach the kids.

I would hope that you would not be so ignorant to think the coaching staff is not attempting to address the mistakes made by their players. These are 18-21 year old kids, and sometimes they make mistakes and use poor judgement when under fire. DeForest has replaced the repeat offenders.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta disagree with that

Defense played well but gave up 10 points in the last 6 minutes.

Points off turnovers was 14-7 which is not bad given our TOs. We had overcome those turnovers and had the lead from the first score until time expired.

Too much run at the end of the game and no great effort to get the ball to KW. We were playing not to lose which resulted in a loss. We were the better team and without the TOs we should have won 51-14.

Defense played a lot of minutes in the 4th qtr as a result of the offense failing to execute.

WVU's O-line had one of its poorest performances in the 4th qtr. They were all getting manhandled. The same running plays which worked so well early in the game were stuffed. Clint nearly threw an INT when trying to force a throw to a double teamed White, and fumbled the ball when scrambling out of a breakdown in pass protection in the same possession.

That is not playing to not lose....

..... that is just piss poor execution.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A coach in that situation can't win with the fans....he ran the ball for the reasons that have been pointed out and all the fans scream "throw the ball"....if he throws the ball and TCU got another pick deep in our territory in the 4th quarter all the fans scream "WTF why wasn't he running clock?" That is why I hate it when people call out playcalling, we have the great advantage of seeing the result!!!

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A coach in that situation can't win with the fans....he ran the ball for the reasons that have been pointed out and all the fans scream "throw the ball"....if he throws the ball and TCU got another pick deep in our territory in the 4th quarter all the fans scream "WTF why wasn't he running clock?" That is why I hate it when people call out playcalling, we have the great advantage of seeing the result!!!

There is NOTHING wrong with running the ball in that situation, but you do not run one of the smallest guys on the team up the middle time and again with him losing yardage each time, either run a hoss up the middle, or get the little guy outside. The last time we had the ball, Buie was ran between the tackles THREE times for -2 yards, I will question that play calling every time, as I will question the switch to a zone defense in the last five minutes with a small lead in every game.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense played a lot of minutes in the 4th qtr as a result of the offense failing to execute.

WVU's O-line had one of its poorest performances in the 4th qtr. They were all getting manhandled. The same running plays which worked so well early in the game were stuffed. Clint nearly threw an INT when trying to force a throw to a double teamed White, and fumbled the ball when scrambling out of a breakdown in pass protection in the same possession.

That is not playing to not lose....

..... that is just piss poor execution.

TCU made adjustments to counter what we were doing with success, if you think that WVU was not playing not to lose, you are fooling yourself. Ive never seen a team play to not lose more than I saw Saturday. The offensive play calls, plus the defensive change proves it.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TCU made adjustments to counter what we were doing with success, if you think that WVU was not playing not to lose, you are fooling yourself. Ive never seen a team play to not lose more than I saw Saturday. The offensive play calls, plus the defensive change proves it.

What were the defensive adjustments that TCU made?

Do you know what options Clint was given for each snap? If so, could you let us in on what those were?

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh never ever saw a team play not to lose like Saturday...on the history of the game!!!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU attempted only 1 pass in the entire 4th quarter. The only other pass type play that can be attributed was a sack(fumbled, recovered by WVU for no gain). They both came on the same drive(2nd drive).

The 3 pts WVU scored in the 4th quarter was on the 1st play of the 4th quarter, which could really be attributed to the 3rd quarter.

WVU went 3 and out on every single 4th quarter drive(3 drives).

So, 7 run plays and 2 pass play is what WVU did in the 4th quarter. For a total of 1 yard.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What were the defensive adjustments that TCU made?

Do you know what options Clint was given for each snap? If so, could you let us in on what those were?

OK, its all on Trickett, as we ALL know the love of your life couldn't call a bad play..............I agree with Holgorsen in running the ball, the beef I had was with running Buie up the middle while TCU was stuffing our interior linemen. TCU put more men up on the line in the fourth quarter to stop the run, BB, the reason that the run plays that worked in the first quarter didn't in the 4th. Was it also decided to play zone defense on their last possession after playing well in man to man all game?

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU attempted only 1 pass in the entire 4th quarter. The only other pass type play that can be attributed was a sack(fumbled, recovered by WVU for no gain). They both came on the same drive(2nd drive).

The 3 pts WVU scored in the 4th quarter was on the 1st play of the 4th quarter, which could really be attributed to the 3rd quarter.

WVU went 3 and out on every single 4th quarter drive(3 drives).

So, 7 run plays and 2 pass play is what WVU did in the 4th quarter. For a total of 1 yard.

we actually had -2 yards in the fourth quarter.............

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, its all on Trickett, as we ALL know the love of your life couldn't call a bad play..............I agree with Holgorsen in running the ball, the beef I had was with running Buie up the middle while TCU was stuffing our interior linemen. TCU put more men up on the line in the fourth quarter to stop the run, BB, the reason that the run plays that worked in the first quarter didn't in the 4th. Was it also decided to play zone defense on their last possession after playing well in man to man all game?

Are you sure TCU put more men up on the line in the 4th qtr?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you sure WVU was in man all game?

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2