• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tank is on?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tank is over. Eric Gordon is sitting this one out.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh. First year I've EVER endorsed tanking and it lead to the dubs to screw that up. If you can't win, at least lose properly.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors by 2 with 1:45 left. Put Jenkins on the bench.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FUCK YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just deafened my wife.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't rest anyone San Antonio! Beat our asses!

retech

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FUCK YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just deafened my wife.
I'm sitting here thinking to myself: Where did I go wrong in life? Why is it so vitally important that I stare at my computer, waiting for every screen refresh to see if the Warriors will indeed screw up and not lose (to the New Orleans Hornets, no less)

In the cosmic scope of life and the universe, does this really have any significance whatsoever??

Or do I just give into indulgence and say 'FUCK YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'?

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't rest anyone San Antonio! Beat our asses!

Toronto plays NJ on Thurs.

The W's will finish tied for 7th if they simply lose to San Antonio.

Then it's up to the ping pong ball gods.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sitting here thinking to myself: Where did I go wrong in life? Why is it so vitally important that I stare at my computer, waiting for every screen refresh to see if the Warriors will indeed screw up and not lose (to the New Orleans Hornets, no less)

In the cosmic scope of life and the universe, does this really have any significance whatsoever??

Or do I just give into indulgence and say 'FUCK YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'?

LOL. Rep. That's been my life for the last 3 weeks. I'll be happy when we figure out if we have a top 7 pick or not.

For one night at least, hope is still alive.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then our fate comes down to a coin flip. Crazy. They are gonna show the flips live on NBA TV on Friday.

retech

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Rep. That's been my life for the last 3 weeks. I'll be happy when we figure out if we have a top 7 pick or not.

For one night at least, hope is still alive.
I think the Warriors should bestow the 'Croix de Oracle Arena' upon our small but hardy group of late season Warrior detractors.

retech

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) Golden State's Chris Wright was called for goaltending on Marco Belinelli's layup with 0.7 seconds remaining, and the New Orleans Hornets beat the Warriors 83-81 Tuesday night.

Greivis Vazquez blocked Charles Jenkins' layup to start a fast break in the final seconds. He pushed the ball ahead to a wide-open Belinelli, whose layup touched the backboard and was on its way down before Wright hustled over for the illegal swat.

In an odd scene, many Warriors fans were actually cheering for the Hornets.

Golden State has to finish in the bottom seven of the league after the draft lottery to keep its protected first-round pick, acquired by Utah in a previous trade. The Warriors are eighth worst in the league entering Thursday night's season finale at home against San Antonio.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then our fate comes down to a coin flip. Crazy. They are gonna show the flips live on NBA TV on Friday.

Crap. Wait...isn't it possible for the W's to finish 7th and get screwed by the ping polls...and thus Lose the pick? Or lose the coin flip yet get a top 7 pick?
:burt:

retech

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_Draft_Lottery)

In the event that teams finish with the same record, each tied team receives the average of the total number of combinations for the positions that they occupy. In 2007, the Minnesota Timberwolves and the Portland Trail Blazers tied for the sixth worst record. The average of the 6th and 7th positions in the lottery was taken, resulting in each team getting 53 combinations (the average of 63 and 43). Should the average number not be an integer, a coin flip is then used to determine which team or teams receive the extra combination(s). The result of the coin flip is also used to determine who receives the earlier pick in the event that neither of the tied teams wins one of the first three picks via the lottery.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crap. Wait...isn't it possible for the W's to finish 7th and get screwed by the ping polls...and thus Lose the pick? Or lose the coin flip yet get a top 7 pick?
:burt:

Yes and yes. The stats have been determined. If we lose to SA Thurs, we have a 75% chance of keeping the pick. If we beat SA, that drops to 10%.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
May 30th boys - that's the date of the Draft Lottery.

The Warriors have to hope that either they get one of the first three picks in the draft or that no other team with a better record gets a lucky bounce of the ping-pong balls.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, so the coin flip on Friday will give a team 1 extra combination in the draft lottery. Hopefully we lose to the Spurs otherwise this is all pointless. The biggest advantage to winning the coin flip is you get 7th if neither team moves into the top 3. That is huge.

*If the Warriors lose their final two games, they’d total 23 wins and the worst they can do is finish tied for seventh-worst. New Jersey and Toronto face each other in the finale. Meaning one of those two will finish with at least 23 wins. In the event of a tie, who goes No. 7 or No. 8 will be determined by a coin flip (provided neither team moves up).

*Despite the coin flip, both teams tied for No. 7 will split the total combinations between No. 7 and No. 8. The two spots combined get 71 combinations. So they’ll each get 35 combinations (the coin flip determines who gets that extra combination).
That gives the Warriors at least a 3.5 percent chance of moving up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the Spurs. Hopefully the Bulls lose to the Pacers today. That leaves the Spurs with motivation to win their final two games and lock up home court all the way through the finals. The Bulls have the tie-breaker if they finish with the same record as the Spurs.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, so the coin flip on Friday will give a team 1 extra combination in the draft lottery. Hopefully we lose to the Spurs otherwise this is all pointless. The biggest advantage to winning the coin flip is you get 7th if neither team moves into the top 3. That is huge.

*If the Warriors lose their final two games, they’d total 23 wins and the worst they can do is finish tied for seventh-worst. New Jersey and Toronto face each other in the finale. Meaning one of those two will finish with at least 23 wins. In the event of a tie, who goes No. 7 or No. 8 will be determined by a coin flip (provided neither team moves up).

*Despite the coin flip, both teams tied for No. 7 will split the total combinations between No. 7 and No. 8. The two spots combined get 71 combinations. So they’ll each get 35 combinations (the coin flip determines who gets that extra combination).
That gives the Warriors at least a 3.5 percent chance of moving up.

My head is spining...What if there is a full moon?

In all seriousness...rep. I think I understand now.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili are sitting this one out. Pop isn't coaching either. Unreal.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili are sitting this one out. Pop isn't coaching either. Unreal.

You would think that a true professional would want to play for the win every night. Sitting Duncan, Ginobili and Parker says otherwise. Not having Pop coach proves that they really do not care.

This blows.