• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tank is on?

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
keep it close boys, but just lose with a smile.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Watching Richard Jefferson play almost 40 minutes last night, I REALLY don't think that's the case. Granted, dude couldn't hit the broad side of a barn last night, but on most nights he will be more accurate and he will actually help the Warriors if he plays.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team on the floor is for sure part of the blow up plan. No way we win enough games without Bogut and Curry, plus the next "injury" that happens.

I love it, major trade, then a blow up plan.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So by my really quick and probably wrong calculations, we're currently picking 10th. 3 more spots, baby!

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So by my really quick and probably wrong calculations, we're currently picking 10th. 3 more spots, baby!

We currently have the 9th worst record; 2 wins ahead of CLE/DET/SAC. A loss to the Kings this week would really help.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even better.

I want Harrison Barnes in a GS uni.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, it's fully on now. The group we're putting on the floor each night would be lucky to win 20 games in a full 82-game season. Nonetheless, I love to see their effort and development and will watch just for those reasons.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update: the W's are one ahead of Cleveland, three ahead of Crapto/Detroit.

As tzill said, a loss to the kings at home would be huge. My prediction: The Warriors go 2-2 this week. They beat the Hornets and Kings. We'll probably finish with the 8th worst record, then have to pray for a ping pong ball miracle.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As tzill said, a loss to the kings at home would be huge. My prediction: The Warriors go 2-2 this week. They beat the Hornets and Kings. We'll probably finish with the 8th worst record, then have to pray for a ping pong ball miracle.

I'm starting to track the schedules for the Nets, Raps, Kings, Pistons, and Cavs. The Nets have some very winnable games the next 10 days, as does Cleveland. You'd expect the W's to lose at HOU and at POR; they'll need to drop either the Kings game (preferred) or the Hornets game and this thing could tighten up even more.

I think with Bogut and Curry out, we've got a decent shot at bottom 7.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

What really sucks is that even if the Warriors finish with the 7th worst record in the league, that does not guarantee them that they can keep the pick. The only way to ensure that the pick is not moved to Utah is for the team to finish with the 4th worst record in the league - and that ain't happening.

Right now, the Toronto Raptors have the 5th worst win percentage in the league at 15-30 (.333) New Jersey is 15-32 (.319). Golden State is 18-25 (.419). They would have to go on a 6-game losing streak to catch those teams. Golden State - even with Monta and Udoh traded, Steph and Bogut injured and Nate Robinson playing significant minutes - is better than that.

The Warriors are going to be in the draft lottery. They are just going to have to hope to finish in the bottom 3 with a lucky bounce of the ping pong balls because they will not finish in the bottom 7 statistically.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ping pong balls love to fuck us.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sitting 9th with Cleveland and Detroit nipping at our heels.

Cavs have Toronto, New Jersey, Charlotte, Washington (2x), Detroit (2x)
Detroit has Washington (2x) Cleveland (2x) Charlotte (2x), Toronto

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What really sucks is that even if the Warriors finish with the 7th worst record in the league, that does not guarantee them that they can keep the pick. The only way to ensure that the pick is not moved to Utah is for the team to finish with the 4th worst record in the league - and that ain't happening.

Right now, the Toronto Raptors have the 5th worst win percentage in the league at 15-30 (.333) New Jersey is 15-32 (.319). Golden State is 18-25 (.419). They would have to go on a 6-game losing streak to catch those teams. Golden State - even with Monta and Udoh traded, Steph and Bogut injured and Nate Robinson playing significant minutes - is better than that.

The Warriors are going to be in the draft lottery. They are just going to have to hope to finish in the bottom 3 with a lucky bounce of the ping pong balls because they will not finish in the bottom 7 statistically.

I've found it less useful to look at percentages than to just look at raw wins. The W's won't finish in the bottom 3 (Charlotte, Washington, and New Orleans have those spots sewn up). However, only 3 games seperate 4-9. NJ and TOR are tied at 15 wins, SAC and DET at 16 wins, CLE at 17 wins, and then the W's at 18 wins. Not at all inconceivable that the W's could slip well down in the standings, given Bogut and Curry are out for the year. Add in a trip to the DL for Lee or Thompson or Robinson and we could really plummet. New Jersey has a slew of winnable games coming up this week.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've found it less useful to look at percentages than to just look at raw wins. The W's won't finish in the bottom 3 (Charlotte, Washington, and New Orleans have those spots sewn up). However, only 3 games seperate 4-9. NJ and TOR are tied at 15 wins, SAC and DET at 16 wins, CLE at 17 wins, and then the W's at 18 wins. Not at all inconceivable that the W's could slip well down in the standings, given Bogut and Curry are out for the year. Add in a trip to the DL for Lee or Thompson or Robinson and we could really plummet. New Jersey has a slew of winnable games coming up this week.

Sac with 17 wins now....a loss to them Saturday would be key.

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this thread keeps me from getting upset when i watch Warriors games and we lose.

Giantsmojo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Warriors have the 8th worst record and win the lottery getting the 1-3 do they keep the pick? Or is it strictly by record?

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If the Warriors have the 8th worst record and win the lottery getting the 1-3 do they keep the pick? Or is it strictly by record?

It's not about record at all. It is only about the bounce of the ping pong balls.

Well, it's not about the record unless the Warriors end up with the fourth-worst record in the league. Then no matter what happens, they still end up with one of the Top 7 overall picks.

But they are not bad enough to finish in the Bottom 4, so they have to hope for a fortuitous bounce or two during the lottery.

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not about record at all. It is only about the bounce of the ping pong balls.

Well, it's not about the record unless the Warriors end up with the fourth-worst record in the league. Then no matter what happens, they still end up with one of the Top 7 overall picks.

But they are not bad enough to finish in the Bottom 4, so they have to hope for a fortuitous bounce or two during the lottery.

after all this franchise has gone through, a fortuitous bounce is in order!

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Victories like the one over Sac are killing our tank. Even Robinson going down didn't slow them up. Now Jenkins is balling. Come on ping pong balls. Save our asses. The one year there is some decent talent in the top 7 we could miss out. BOO.